MTS Questions - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-11-07, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Mav

Location: Saskatoon, SK Pioneer VSX-9140TXH, Samsung LN46C630, Sanyo PLV-Z2000, PS3, MTS TV
MTS Questions

A few questions on the MTS Ultimate TV (looked around but couldn't find anything)...

- Do the boxes have HDMI out on the back? (shaw direct doesn't)
- Do they simsub US Networks? (shaw direct doesn't)
- Can anyone compare quality to Shaw Direct?
- Did the flashing black screen issue get fixed? (read about it in another post)

Anyone have issues last weekend with TV when the internet wasn't working?

They have a booth setup in the Brandon Shoppers Mall where you get rental of 2 boxes free and the PVR services as long as you are a customer. Right now I'm with Shaw Direct and might switch. I 'm tired of waiting for upgrades and now with new boxes coming out next year, I don't want to spend another $500-$700.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-11-08, 12:51 AM

About the only one I can answer is that, yes, they do have HMDI on the back. They also have outputs for coaxial (lowest quality connection), component, composite, s-video, and optical audio for true 5.1 surround (with tv programs that broadcast in it, I presume, and not 24/7 )
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-11-08, 11:39 AM

With respect to the 5.1 digital optial output. my reciever has a blue light that is on when it is recieving a 5.1 encoded signal. When I am watching HD programming, the light is on almost all the time.

I never had the flashing black issue that some reported, I seem to recall an earlier post that indicated that those who had it don't see it anymore - so perhaps whatever it was was fixed.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-11-09, 01:18 PM

The black flashing seems to have disappeared, although I noticed it was happening on PBSHD for about 20 minutes a few nights back... although that could have just been the source feed.

There is no simsubbing on the US networks... and in fact the HD channels aren't subject to local blackouts!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in