MTS New Channels - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-05-05, 07:56 PM

I'll miss HDNet too, but that's about the only thing I'll miss...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-06-21, 04:16 PM

E-Mail about upgrades from MTS today

I just got this e-mail from MTS. They're doing a system upgrade tonight and promising "additional channels" in the "near future".

Any scoops on the new channels? Guesses? Prayers?

Quote:
Upgrades to Our Ultimate TV Service
MTS will be implementing a system upgrade on June 22, 2010 to prepare the system for additional channels that we will be adding to our Ultimate TV Service in the near future.
Upgrades will be implemented, on the above date, between 12:00 am and 6:00 am to avoid service disruptions during peak viewing periods. During these times, there will be a periodic channel outages and service interruptions for up to 30 minutes on all High Definition Channels. We ask that you do not reset your set top box during these times.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this system upgrade.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-07-30, 10:11 AM

MTS also seems to have launched Penthouse TV is this latest batch too in case you did not already have enough choices for adult content. Like the previous adult channels it is available for $21.99 a month.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2010-07-30 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Moved to New Channels thread

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-11-22, 06:30 PM

MTS TV launches uniquely Filipino channel, GMA Life TV

MTS is pleased to announce that it is the first provider in Canada to launch GMA Life TV, available exclusively to Manitobans on both MTS Classic and Ultimate TV. GMA Life TV is the most exciting, refreshing and innovative lifestyle channel that is uniquely Filipino and answers the cravings for more on the latest in food, fashion, healthy living, travel, showbiz news and talk shows.
Quote:
MTS TV now offers two channels from the GMA Network which includes GMA Life TV and GMA Pinoy TV. GMA Pinoy TV offers the most popular shows in the Philippines including blockbuster movies, variety, news, public affairs and comedies. Those customers who subscribe to GMA Pinoy TV now have access to two Filipino radio stations DZBB on channel 798 and DWLS on channel 799. DZBB consists exclusively of news, public affairs, current issues and news analysis programming, while DWLS features talk shows, interviews and a variety of genres of music and music-related programming.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-09, 11:35 PM

Did I miss something, or do I suddenly have two GlobalHD channels?

I hope this doesn't bring simsubbing to Winnipeg...!
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-10, 10:00 AM

I noticed that last night when I did a search and I saw 2 "GLB" stations (12 and 455). Zap2it also has them both listed as CKND. It must be fed by fibre directly from the Global transmitter, since if it was OTA, they wouldn't be identical.

HD simsubbing is a fact of life once the OTA stations convert to digital.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-10, 03:33 PM
Veteran

One thing should be noted...when OTA channels make their move to Digital...it in no way implies that they are moving to HD.

Therefore stations like Global Winnipeg should not be sim-subbed...however it will still only be in SD.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-10, 05:46 PM

MTS is a pure digital service so nothing would be gained by have the same sd channel twice. It would not surprise me if this is an out-of-market HD Global feed with local programming (ie news) subed in on SD.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-11, 11:35 AM

I see MTS is messing with the channels again. All their changes seem like a money grab.

The website showed that Cult TV was suppose to be included with one of the music pacakages (but was not available yet) has now shown up on channel 599 as a premium channel with a $1.99 charge.

I also see that they dropped the HD Toon Disney channel from the HD free pacakage.

They also added the Global HD feed from Winnipeg into the free HD.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-17, 02:00 PM

Now that Global Winnipeg HD is broadcasting OTA, they can start requiring simsubs from the BDUs at any time.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/12/wi...a-dtv-channel/

@Hydrant Mike, it looks like Disney HD has been dropped altogether, so it probably means the channel won't launch for the foreseeable future. I haven't heard of any other BDU planning to carry it.

Does anyone else carry the Cult Movie Network and how much do they charge?
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-18, 10:50 AM

Damn it! I want my American ads during the Superbowl!

NOOOOOO!

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2010-12-18 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-18, 11:25 AM

@Mozza, I thought CTV had the Super Bowl 2011 TV rights. You should be OK for 1 more year. My guess is that CKY will do a flash-cut in August 2011.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-19, 05:45 PM

The FOX HD broadcast of the Giants-Eagles game was blocked today. I had to watch the game on CTV.

Edit: I watched the beginning of the game on Fox so it's possible that Fox went off the air.
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-21, 11:10 AM

Hello everyone, I'm contemplating switching from Shaw Direct to MTS TV.

Does MTS have the Golf Channel in HD or HDNet?

Also, I saw it earlier in the thread but can someone confirm that you don't need to pay for a Timeshift in SD to get the Timeshift in HD?
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 2010-12-21, 01:12 PM

@Huffer, if you go to www.mts.ca/hdtv you can look at the "Channel Packages and Pricing" and also "Download the printable version of the Channel Packages".
Quote:
You must have the digital equivalent of HD channels in order to receive them In HD, with the exception of HD Hi- Fi and HD Time Shift
I should point out that Weather HD and Family HD are listed in the Free HD theme, but the channels haven't actually launched anywhere yet.

Golf HD and HDNet aren't on MTS, but looking back at one of my old posts, I noticed that AMC HD has been added to MTS.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in