MTS HD Networks - Problems? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 2010-03-31, 09:33 PM

I have had the black flashes issues in the past, and they seem to continue to be a problem. Unfortunally they seem to be random, but only seem to happen on the HD channels. I have reported them to MTS, but most of the front line support people do not seem to know very much, except how to tell people to "reboot".

In my recent email complaint to MTS about this issue (as well as the PVR HD issue on SD tv's and the requirement to have to reboot every two weeks to keep the system going properly), they replied that "this is not normal and I should phone to get someone to come out and check my system".

I have asked phone support several times in the 4 months that I have had Ultimate to come out and look, and each time I'm just told to "reboot and that should clear it up"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 2010-04-01, 10:01 AM

Seems if there is an issue with MTS "Ultimate" tv I will encounter it, the black flashes included.

Based on a significant failure at one point I know the service is basically a large computer network as at one point by box said soething like "network connectivity lost" even though the cable was still connected on both ends.

That said, I have the black flashes on pretty much every channel and used to actually get freezes on the classic service occasionally. Last night a very noticable one (ie several seconds long) happened on Global Winnipeg during the 6:00 pm news. This flash was so long my tv actually reported "no signal".
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 2010-04-10, 04:13 AM

I spoke with one of the reps regarding the issue - apparently MTS is aware of the problem, although the issue has to do with the encoders they use to convert the channels into a video stream and so they are working with the vendor of the equipment to get the issue resolved. It was mentioned that if it's brought to their attention, they can generally get it resolved for that specific channel.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 2010-04-17, 10:55 PM

If what you saw is true, why would not MTS set up something on their web site to make it easy to report an issue?? To try and call in for these things is impossibe. For instance I had issue on encore HD last night and on NBC HD today.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 2010-04-18, 12:20 PM

My MTS ultimate has been working like a charm for the past 7-10 days. This morning it has started to act up AGAIN.
I cannot watch HD programing on SD TV's hooked to the VIP1200's. Also noticed alot of pixilating and freezes on my HD TV on the VIP1260.
It is so anoying.
I guarantee by Tuesday it will be fine again. I do believe that these issues are tied in MTS downloading updates.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 2010-04-20, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb1 View Post
I spoke with one of the reps regarding the issue - apparently MTS is aware of the problem, although the issue has to do with the encoders they use to convert the channels into a video stream and so they are working with the vendor of the equipment to get the issue resolved. It was mentioned that if it's brought to their attention, they can generally get it resolved for that specific channel.
Thank god for that......thats the most solid answer I have heard to date. To be fair, my black flases are not that bad.....BUT I might not be watching the stations that it happens on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in