MTS Ultimate TV - New HD Channels, HD PPV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-22, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

MTS Ultimate TV - New HD Channels, HD PPV

Hi all;

Any idea on when the expanded HD channels will be hitting MTS? I had thought I heard October 26th, but not sure.

Also, does anyone know if Ultimate TV will be getting HD PPV for movies and one time events (i.e. UFC)?

Edit

I also meant to ask, does anyone know of any plans to carry MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, or NHL Centre Ice? Either in SD or HD?

Thanks,

Donovan

Last edited by donovanfromwpg; 2009-10-22 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-22, 04:52 PM

All the new HD and SD channels are supposed to be available on the 26th which is Monday. They are also adding 2 HD ppv channels from what I heard. I don't think there's any plans to add MLB or NHL right now, but I think someone said they were looknig at getting NFL ST soon.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-22, 05:01 PM

What channels ( SD & HD ) are being added ?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 10:22 AM

List of new HD Channels here.
List of new SD Channels here.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 10:30 AM

It's weird, but I talked to an MTS tech yesterday and he said that only one HD channel is coming out Monday, the 26th. (TSN HD.) At my request, he even verified it with a manager. Sorry if this has already been verified or refuted. It's a bit of a bummer if it is accurate information.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 10:35 AM

In addition to your list of SD channels, they are also adding Big Ten Network in SD on channel 203 in the Sports Enthusiasts package. It replaces Xtreme Sports which is long gone.

Edit - Thought I would also mention, in case it hasn't already, that Nickelodeon will be replacing Discovery Kids in the Kids Plus package on Nov 2nd.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
It's weird, but I talked to an MTS tech yesterday and he said that only one HD channel is coming out Monday, the 26th. (TSN HD.) At my request, he even verified it with a manager. Sorry if this has already been verified or refuted. It's a bit of a bummer if it is accurate information.
I don't know what new channels are coming out Monday, but TSN HD sure isn't one of them - it's been there since I first got MTS HDTV.

Dave S.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 03:40 PM

Dave,

I think he meant TSN2 HD,

Plum
I was told at the Fall show, that there were about 20 HD channels, including the western time shift, Discovery and the all the Sportsnet feeds in HD. There were more, but those were the ones I remembed as they were important to me.

Hope you just got some bad info, as I am really looking forward to more than just 1 HD channel.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 11:01 PM

Well I just noticed the new 4 SD channels are showing up in the guide on my classic tv service, but the channels aren't available yet and DIY Network isn't showing any program info at all.

As for what HD channels they are adding, judging from the other post linked earlier they are: SRC HD, CBCNN HD, CNN HD, Big Ten HD, CBC West HD, Global West HD, CTV West HD, ABC West HD, CBS West HD, NBC West HD, FOX West HD, PBS West HD, Discovery HD, History HD, TSN2 HD, Sportsnet East HD, Sportsnet Ontario HD, Sportsnet Pacific HD, and 2 HD ppv channels, which amounts to exactly 20 new HD channels as mentioned by somerandomguy. Although i'm not sure if the ppv channels are included in that count, so there could be others.

Does anyone else have anything new showing up in their guide, specifically those of you with the ultimate tv service? Perhaps you could confirm those additions. Like I said new channels are listed in the guide on my classic tv service, there might be something showing up on the ultimate tv service.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-24, 12:55 AM

No new channels here, except for TSN2 SD that showed up a week ago.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-24, 07:58 PM

Well I don't have any new channels yet, but they are showing up on the guide and I wish I had AMC right now because they are airing some decent movies, oh well only 2 more days.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-26, 10:56 AM

It's Monday morning. I don't have the new channels yet. Anyone else?
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-26, 02:57 PM

Maybe yesterdays MTS issues will slow down their delivery of the new HD channles shecduled for today?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-65967972.html
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-26, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe yesterdays MTS issues will slow down their delivery of the new HD channles shecduled for today?
I had that same thought. But maybe the upgrade caused the issue?
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 12:35 AM

Just tried to access the channel changes online @ http://myaccount.mts.ca and got this after logging in:

"MTS TV Channel Changes Notice

Sorry for the inconvenience, our online TV Channel Changes site will not be available until October 29th while we enhance our channel lineup on both our Classic and Ultimate TV services. To change your channels, please call 225-5687(CALLMTS)"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in