MTS Ultimate TV - New HD Channels, HD PPV - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 11:12 AM

My new HD channels are now available. Hope the same for all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Can you post a list of the new channels with channel numbers? Thanks!
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgjets2004 View Post
Did you have to call in and get them activated, or are they offering them free for everyone to try out for a few days?

Any other updates come along?

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovanfromwpg View Post
Did you have to call in and get them activated, or are they offering them free for everyone to try out for a few days?

Any other updates come along?
The new channels in packages I already subscribed to were working this morning. Ones I didn't subscribe to were in teh guide but had a black screen saying that channel is unavailable. Called MTS from work and subscribed to the new channel HD channel packs. They should be there now, but can't check until I get home tonight.

So doesn't look like any free previews at this point.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 01:12 PM

NEW HD CHANNELS

445 Big10HD
446 CNNHD
447 CBCnHD (CBC Newsworld)
448 SRCHD *
472 RSNHDe (Sportsnet)
473 RSNHDo
474 RSNHDp
477 TSN2HD
481 CBCHDp
482 CTVHDp
483 GLBHDp
486 ABCHDp
487 CBSHDp
488 FOXHDp
489 NBCHDp
490 PBSHDp
498 HISTHD
499 DISCHD

97 PPV HD1
98 PPV2 HD2

With my current package, the only new HD channels I'm getting are CNN, CBC NEsworld and SRC. All others are black screens.

*(Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if SRC is new.)
+ I'm also not sure if the Sportsnet channels are new as well. Sorry, don't watch a lot of sports.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 06:13 PM

I think you missed NBC HD, probably 489? And I think the HD ppv channels are 97 & 98 not 99. I don't have Ultimate TV, but that's my guess since 99 & 100 are sd ppv channels.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjose78 View Post
I think you missed NBC HD, probably 489? And I think the HD ppv channels are 97 & 98 not 99. I don't have Ultimate TV, but that's my guess since 99 & 100 are sd ppv channels.
Yup, sorry for the mistakes.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 09:06 AM

Well, noticed this morning I'm not getting the timeshifted HD channels, or DISC or HIST HD. Guess I need to add those (and pay more, even though I have the SD versions of all of them?)... not happy about that one bit.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 09:26 AM

Well Timeshifting and Discovery are seperate packages. I don't know if your supposed to get them just because you subscribe to the regular SD feed.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 10:43 AM

Fair enough - they are separate packages... but suddenly my MTS service is pretty close if not more expensive than what I was getting with Shaw. So much for my great 6 month promotion...
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 11:26 AM

Yeah, the time shifting thing is dumb. Cost 3 dollars extra/month. I recently switched from Star Choice and all the time shifting channels were included with the Eastern HD channels. (I was told that Bell includes them free as well.) Talked to a MTS tech on the phone last night, and he encouraged me to complain, and that they'd likely give these channels to me for free. Not sure about that, but it's worth a shot.

I also noticed last night that NCIS on the Western ABC HD feed had a Global TV logo on the bottom right of the screen. And the picture quality was crap. Yay.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 11:36 AM

The Time Shift HD doesn't require you to subscribe to SD equivalent. I called in yesterday cancelled my SD Time Shift and added the HD Time Shift. Since I had an extra package already I ended up only paying $.50 more for HD over what I was paying for SD.

I watched NCIS yesterday, the quality was fine for me, although I can't recall channel I watched it on. I did spend a lot of time on Discovery, History, and Fox west, and they were all extremely good quality. Particularly Discovery HD.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
Yeah, the time shifting thing is dumb. Cost 3 dollars extra/month. I recently switched from Star Choice and all the time shifting channels were included with the Eastern HD channels. (I was told that Bell includes them free as well.) Talked to a MTS tech on the phone last night, and he encouraged me to complain, and that they'd likely give these channels to me for free. Not sure about that, but it's worth a shot.

I also noticed last night that NCIS on the Western ABC HD feed had a Global TV logo on the bottom right of the screen. And the picture quality was crap. Yay.
Please let us know what the billing dept. says when you phone about HD Time shift channels. Thank you.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 12:44 PM

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that they no longer list a "rental price" for the PVR service? I guess they are making it a standard feature now?
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-10-29, 04:23 AM

Nope, I think it's an error. It doesn't show it on the webpage, but if you click the link to the PDF file it still says $5. Good call, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in