Slow Response Times - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-10-07, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Slow Response Times

Hi,
Does anyone else notice that the response time of MTS Ultimate HD seems slow ? By this I mean bringing up the guide , browsing the guide , bringing up the menu etc ...? I'm assuming part of it has to do with the fact in the guide they are showing another live channel in the corner.

Also , just noticed today that unless I am within about 5 feet of the receiver it doesn't pick up my remote commands. I think the batteries are new so I'm not sure what is going on. Any ideas ? I tried rebooting but that didn't help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 09:19 AM

There have been a lot of people on this board, and other message boards in fact, that have noticed significant IR interference between their TV and the Motorola set-top box. You don't by chance have a Samsumg plasma, do you?

Some people have suggested moving the set-top box to another area in the room. Others have put scotch tape on their TV IR. I am very annoyed with this problem. I pay good money and would like the problem fixed on MTS end with some sort of firmware update.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovanfromwpg View Post
There have been a lot of people on this board, and other message boards in fact, that have noticed significant IR interference between their TV and the Motorola set-top box. You don't by chance have a Samsumg plasma, do you?

Some people have suggested moving the set-top box to another area in the room. Others have put scotch tape on their TV IR. I am very annoyed with this problem. I pay good money and would like the problem fixed on MTS end with some sort of firmware update.
I have the same problem with my Panny plasma. But what good will it do to put tape over the TV's IR. It doesn't even come into play when you're using a STB.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-10-23, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbamboom View Post
I have the same problem with my Panny plasma. But what good will it do to put tape over the TV's IR. It doesn't even come into play when you're using a STB.
From what I've gathered (and I have no idea if this is true, I am not a techie guy), is that some TV's produce signifcant interfenerce from the TV's IR, even when not in use. I have no idea, but I know it's a real pain.

I emailed MTS this week, so hopefully they come back with something useful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in