MTS HD Promotion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-04, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Exclamation MTS HD Promotion

I was at Polo Park this afternoon (Sunday October 4th). They (MTS Connect Store) had a live demo going in Centre Court. They were offering if you sign up through either MTS Connect stores in the mall today you would receive:

The HD PVR Box along with another HD box both rent free for as long as your with MTS as a customer. As well, the PVR functionality also for free as long as you stay with MTS! There is NO expiration for these credits which would total $11 per/month.

The person demoing the service mentioned they will be doing this at St. Vital Centre next weekend and again at Polo Park the last weekend in October. He went on to say, this promotion is only on during the weekend promotion demos going on at the mall.

Shaw is literally being kicked in the teeth. I went over the new service being offered by MTS and it's 'LIGHT YEARS' ahead of that of Shaw's! The picture quality, guide, ease of use, lightening fast channel changes, 3 channels recorded at once.........the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! Not too mention by the end of October will have 47 HD channels available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-04, 07:57 PM

was this promo only for new customers? or existing customers as well.?
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-04, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

It is only for new customers to MTS TV as well as present MTS Classic TV subscribers. If you presently have the Ultimate TV package, you are out of luck. Even so, I would call and try and get the monthly credits added to your account anyways. You never know....

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-04, 10:02 PM

That's really crappy - I thought my 2 years of free service was good, but this beats it. Mind you, maybe they are thinking of dropping some of the charges in the long run...?
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-06, 02:03 AM

47 HD Channels?? Careful on the good ole MTS wording and how they are counted. Technically Shaw has over 50, so that means MTS still behind...
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-06, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

MTS currently does not offer 47 HD channels but, by October 26th they will have 47. Shaw currently has 29 HD channels that air programming 24/7. They claim 50 but, those other 21 are for PPV sports, etc.......Whereas MTS will have 47 HD channels that are viewable 24/7.

So I am not distorting the truth whatsoever......That's the misleading claim Shaw throws out! Go to the Shaw website yourself, its all there in black & white.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-06, 03:36 PM

All I was saying is watch how they word stuff. I want to know how they will have 47 actual stations when Rogers, Bell and Shaw do not have. Suddenly MTS has access to HD channels that no one else does?
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-06, 06:49 PM

From another thread:

Quote:
Free HD - $0/month
CBC, WGN, Showcase, A&E, Radio-Canada, CBC Newsworld, APTN, NG, CNN, The Score, Speed, Big Ten Network HD.

HD Starter - $6/month
CTV, ABC, City, NBC, PBS, HBO, Superchannel, CBS, Global, TLC, Fox, Encore Avenue, Movie Channel

HD Timeshift - $3/month (You don't need to subscribe to the SD equivalent of channels in this Group)
CBC, Global, NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS, PBS, CTV

HD Discovery - $4/month
Dixcovery, History

HD Sports - $3/month
Sportsnet (all 4 feeds), TSN, TSN2, Raptors

HD Hi-Fi - $4/month
Rush, Equator, Treasure, Oasis
So there's your 47, not counting PPV or VOD.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-06, 08:18 PM

31 with Shaw then if we are looking at MC/SC/HBO.

Differences are Raptv, Radio-Canada, CBC Newsworld, APTN, NG, CNN, The Score, the 3 extra feeds of Sportsnet,Rush, Equator, Treasure, Oasis .....

Only The Score is of interest, this looks similar to Bells setup except I cannot see any other provider that has CNN as HD. That I need to look into...
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-06, 10:07 PM

How can this promotion be true? I doubt they are going to waive the rental of the box for ever. There has to be some caught, I mean think of all the money they would lose if they did this for everyone on MTS.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-06, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

That's precisely what I thought too! I looked over the flyers they had about the promotion as well as speaking with the rep doing the demo's at length. You get the rentals (VIP 1216 & 1200 box) and pvr feature free as long as you have MTS Ultimate package......I then went home and called MTS TV call center and they too verified the promotion. There are NO worries about loosing these credits. Fantastic promo if you can take advantage of it.

Presently not available in my area yet. I had the MTS rep make a note on my account that, when I am eligible for the service, the current promotion will be honoured.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-07, 12:14 AM

Did you take a flyer? If so, can you scan and post?

I'm going to call MTS later in the week and see what I can do as an existing customer...
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-07, 01:15 AM

It actually mind boggling how a company who reports losses or cash flow can give it the equipment away like that. Then again bell still does a lot of programing credits to make their equipment cheaper or in some cases free.

Still no NFL Sunday Ticket/NHL Center Ice....

3 Streams is a killer if you have more than a few people in the house also..

MOM I CANNOT WATCH TV!?!?!? I`M LOCKED OUT!!!!
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-07, 01:17 AM

Just a heads up that they are not giving the equipment away. It is always their property, it's just that they are waiving the rental fee on two STB's for the lifetime of your account. I think I'll call and see if they can note it on my account for when I'm eligible!
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-07, 10:17 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
Still no NFL Sunday Ticket/NHL Center Ice....

3 Streams is a killer if you have more than a few people in the house also
My thoughts exactly...those are the two premier Sports Packages...and with MTS being the only provider to actually limit each residence to 3 streams...(only 2 of which are in HD)...MTS is still not even close to being in the game!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in