MTS HD Promotion - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-19, 10:40 AM

I signed up this weekend. I asked about the $72/month deal and she couldnít find anything and said the $85/month is the best offer they have for Ultimate TV. I negotiated a third HD box free for life. Whatís confusing is that she said it will actually cost $75/month since they give you a $10/month bundle discount on top of the $85/month offer. Why donít they advertise it as $75/month then? I was disappointed that HD channels are not included in the promotion and I need to add them for $6/month.

So, the deal is actually $85 - $10 bundle discount + $6 HD starter for a total of $81/month for 12 months with the first month free. Seems unnecessarily confusing to me.

When I called to cancel Shaw they hardly tried at all to keep me as a customer. They said I have to keep the service for a month which works well since MTS is coming around that time, but I woke up the next morning to find everything was disconnected! Good grief, I had to spend about 45 minutes on a cell phone being transferred around to get them to put everything back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-19, 04:25 PM

Gotta love switching eh, seems like something always goes wrong. I cancelled my MTS TV a few years back, but they accidentally disconnected everything. I got mad and switched to Shaw, but had problems so 4 months in I switched back.

Anyways, maybe that's how they were able to give you the 3rd box free, by not giving you HD channels. ?? I've usually seen people only getting two rentals free for life and then I think HD Starter theme for 6 months (or possibly a year) free.

Maybe another scenario is if the customer has their legacy HDTV (the crappy one with only 8 channels).
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 09:57 AM

Well, apparently MTS lied to me and there is a $72 deal available. I got the letter in the mail yesterday. The difference is the $85 deal includes Total Home Phone ($40/month) and the $72 deal includes a home phone lite bundle ($27/month).

I don't use long distance or voice mail so this is a better deal for me. You still get call display, call waiting, and call waiting plus. I phoned and got them to put me on this offer.

Plus, to add to the confusion this CSR said I don't need to pay $6/month for HD starter. I really don't understand where the $72 comes from though, since she explained it as follows:

$27.00 phone
$19.99 internet
$29.99 TV including HD starter
------
$76.98
-$10.00 tv/internet bundle
-------
$66.98

Where is the $72 in that? I wish MTS was as clear as Shaw with their pricing. With Shaw you just pick your services and get the total price. With MTS it feels like I'm probing around trying to find the best hidden deal available and the website is useless since none of this is mentioned.

We'll see what my bill actually comes out to. Somehow I get the feeling I'll be back on the phone with them.

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I wish MTS was as clear as Shaw with their pricing.
buWHAHAHAHAAA!

Oh wait... you were serious?

For my first 6 months with Shaw, I had a different amount owing each month because they kept changing the promotion and what was included with my package each month.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in