MTS HD Promotion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-07, 08:00 PM
Veteran

They told me in order to do that the price doubles...as in from 80 to 160 a month...depending on how much programming you purchase...it's just like ordering for a second house...ridiculous.

Bell is a far cheaper alternative as I have an infinite amount of HD streams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-07, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Bell is a far cheaper alternative as I have an infinite amount of HD streams.
Not exactly true. For each pair of streams, you need a receiver... and each LNB only officially supports 6 receivers. While it's more than MTS, it's also not unlimited.

I think MTS used to give people a half price deal for a second line/box. Not sure anymore.
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-08, 06:34 AM
Veteran

OK...I don't want to get into which we each think is better...I just would like to state facts about each providers limitations.

You make it sound like Bell is inferior because they need a receiver for every two streams...MTS needs a receiver for every TV so there really is no difference...and with Bell...you have the option to rent or buy the receivers you want.

And while you say one LNB officially supports 6 receivers...you are dead wrong...Satellite has been my hobby for more than 20 years...and I've never seen a situation where an LNB didn't work because it was maxed out...that's what you use switches for...and some of the high end switches today allow a 16 HD receiver setup...(ridiculous I know)...and you can even run them in tanden...if you have a mansion.

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-08, 09:08 AM

DM_4U

You have got to be the biggest TROLL on this forum. Here you are someone who has never tried the new MTS tv, and have continually stated that you will never buy the service, and that Bell is so much better for every reason under the sun. You bring no value to any conversation instead you continue to point out that since the service doesn't work for you that it is crap for everyone.

I don't see anyone else here bad mouth any product to such an extent that one would think you were a Bell employee trying to slag the competition.

Do you believe your rant here about your percieved short coming will cause MTS to drop everythign and build a service that works for you? seriously, your presence here actually makes me not want to participate in this group at all.
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-08, 09:24 AM
Veteran

A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion...which you are obviously trying to do with me.

I am not nor have I ever worked for a satellite company...but I have done/helped with numerous installs for myself and friends since back in the BUD era...and while I have never had the MTS-TV service...I have had in depth conversations with several of their Reps and Techs with regards to the new Ultimate TV package MTS-TV is offering and I am sharing the information I have gleened in this forum.

It is similar to those in the Bell-TV, Shaw Direct, Rogers, Shaw etc forums stating all the features and limitations of the various receivers that all the other providers offer...so that people will be able to make a more informed decision about what (if anything) they are going to purchase or rent.

BTW...I had two Techs in my living room for over an hour discussing how we could make MTS-TV work for me...unfortunately to no avail...as I have always bought local if it was an option.

Please do not participate in these forums if you have no relevant information to share.
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-08, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiter555 View Post
They are also offering , in addition to the two HD boxes & PVR functions for life, a $72/mth for the first 12 months deal. That is basic TV plus nine themes, HS Internet, and phone with the LD package included. First month free.

That works out to approximately $792 for the first year including the free month!
Where did you see this deal? I got a letter yesterday with the same offer for $85/month and I don't think it said the first month was free. Can I just phone and mention the $72/month deal and get that instead?
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-08, 11:14 AM

Quote:
It is similar to those in the Bell-TV, Shaw Direct, Rogers, Shaw etc forums stating all the features and limitations of the various receivers that all the other providers offer...so that people will be able to make a more informed decision about what (if anything) they are going to purchase or rent.
Quote:
and with MTS being the only provider to actually limit each residence to 3 streams...(only 2 of which are in HD)... MTS is still not even close to being in the game!
Yeah - that comment seems objective to me.

In any case, you are posting off-topic remarks in a thread about a current promotion. My suggestion? Go hang out in the Bell forum from now on.

BACK on topic - I sent an email to MTS about the current promotion, and got a response really quickly stating that it is for "new customers only". Pretty disappointing, but again I'm going to hit one of the malls this weekend and get some physical evidence of the promotion before I call in and try and get my STBs and PVR credited for life...
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-08, 11:37 AM
Veteran

The attack is uncalled for and the comment is still taken out of context...I was agreeing with Clipse...but you're right...this is off topic.
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-09, 10:33 AM

For me I never meant anything as an attack just a general comment. Most MTS people will not tell you about the 3 streams unless you ask or they are very a good salesman....
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-09, 05:20 PM

HD Promotion

Anybody know where in St.Vital mall they will be setting up this weekend. Thanks
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-09, 09:31 PM
Rookie

I am currently a Shaw customer and received and this offer from MTS today. I am going to ask my friends how they like the service. For the introductory price of $71 before tax for the first year that includes the bundle tv, phone and internet. That would be around $60-70 less than my current bundle with shaw.
So it is really competitive for the price and the HDPVR that could record 3 shows at once.
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-10, 01:09 PM

Remember if you record 3 things at once all streams are taken up.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-10, 06:32 PM

So I hit St. Vital mall today. I didn't come across any special displays or booth or anything setup, just the regular store and kiosk. They were offering 6 months of free PVR and STB rental (I got 2 years worth when I signed up).

So maybe Polo Park was the place to be?
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-10, 08:19 PM
Rookie

Talking New to forum

I had an HDTV for 2 years and was sick of waiting for MTS. I switched to Shaw when they offered a free PVR earlier this year (around April). For only 7 dollars more a month I was getting HDTV and PVR from Shaw. I only had SD with MTS. I was previously paying $149 bundled with MTS and was paying $156 for the Shaw offer. I was keeping tabs on MTS and their new HD. I too recieved a letter in the mail for the $85 month. I called and got an AMAZING deal on top of the 85. I got 4 HD boxes and PVR function for free for 2 years and basic + 11 plus treehouse on demand. They even gave me a $90 credit when I was stuck with a month of shaw tv and internet. I got my first bill covering Sept.18 to Oct. 26. For $11.29!! I have done a complete 360 on my view of MTS. btw picture on MTS is definitely better and sound does not cut out like shaw did ALL THE TIME!.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-10-11, 09:35 AM

Welcome to the club.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in