"What's New" for MTStv - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-10-25, 10:43 AM

Sticky This Thread

I agree this thread needs to be stickied, any mods here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-22, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniguana_01 View Post
Does anyone know if they will be adding the options to be able to set your PVR online and on your cell phone? Is this feature coming to MTS?
I dont speak for MTS but I do know if all goes well this feature will show its face in 2010. As a matter of interest what sort of devices would people like to see this feature on ? What about security ? There are a number of ways to do this what does everyone think ?
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-23, 01:23 AM

i would really like to have them stop sending 14 flyers a week to postal codes they KNOW cannot get the new service.

it really pisses me off that they do this when they barely have any coverage in my area.

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-23, 11:49 AM

Speaking with a tech while trying to trouble shoot an issue they seemed to indicate that the web-based PVR control was "in testing" with a consumer roll-out possibily occuring in the spring.

In terms of security, MTS Internet side is basically converted over to a Microsoft Live service so why not use a Microsoft Live account for security, ideally the same one as your Intenet if the customer has both.

In terms of wireless devices, I think MTS should look at which type of devices it offers and focus on those. Currently that would be Blackberries and Windows Mobile. Microsoft also has some history of making clients for the iPhone, although not specifically for MediaRoom.

In terms of other features, I think there are three MTS needs to tackle sooner than later as they were offered on the Classic service. Those three are, one screen call display, color coding the guide based on content type, and allowing a box to auto-tune a channel at a specific time.
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-23, 11:44 PM

They send those flyers to everyone regardless of what area you live in and I don't think it's anywhere near that many a week.
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-24, 12:51 AM

it is.ok, maybe only between 8 and 10, but really, too many to jsut be thrown in the recycle bin, wonder how much they WASTE on the flyers for people that cannot get the service?

if you get the free press, you get a couple a week, when the lance arrives 2 more, then on thursday usually another 2, then i also get the odd one a week jsut in the mailbox...
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 11:12 AM

Quick question - does anyone know if the latest update fixed the HDMI--5.1 audio issue? Just picked up a basic receiver/speaker set and want to know if the issues with HDMI and the MTS box had been fixed.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

I am pretty sure it was fixed with the last upgrade.

I can't verify it at home as my 5.1 receiver is not HDMI, so I run audio independant from video in my home setup.

Which receiver did you get? I was thinking of going to a 7.1.
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Which receiver did you get? I was thinking of going to a 7.1.
I picked up a Sony HTSS360 HITB from Visions. It was on sale for $288, and I had a gift card I had won in a contest, which brought it down to around $140. They threw in the 3-year store warranty for free as well, and I bought it in AB, saving the sales tax. It's not a super-system or what-not, but I'm hoping to run my DVD player, WDTV and MTS TV via HDMI (it only has HDMI inputs for video). So as long as the 5.1 via HDMI issue has been fixed, I'm a happy shopper.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 07:27 PM

Thumbs up

just got a DENON AV (AVR-590) receiver with 3 HDMI imputs and all Dolby Digital signals come thought if fine! I run my MTS box, BlurRay, Extender through it via HDMI........

I got it on sale, but a friend of mind picked it up for 600 bucks.
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 11:50 PM

So you get 5.1 from MTS TV via HDMI no problem?
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
So you get 5.1 from MTS TV via HDMI no problem?
No problem at all.
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I dont speak for MTS but I do know if all goes well this feature will show its face in 2010. As a matter of interest what sort of devices would people like to see this feature on ? What about security ? There are a number of ways to do this what does everyone think ?
Personally, I think the best way would be to use a mobile web interface using the Live logon for security. Anyone with a valid Live email alias for that account should be able to set a PVR recording.

I don't think dedicated apps are the way to go - too many to implement like Crackberry, Android, Iphone, WM, and standard cell phones. A mobile and standard web interface would be the most universal and easiest to use.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in