What's next for MTS Advanced HD? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-04-30, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

What's next for MTS Advanced HD?

In the last couple of days MTS has added 2 PPV channels. From what I understand, the ability to change TV theme groups online is supposed to be available soon. As well, it is my understanding that by the fall MTS is to introduce a 4th stream, whole home DVR service, and on the TV caller ID.

Anyone else have any other knowledge about time frames for new features....or just start a thread for what features we'd like to see MTS introduce.

New channels : Spike HD - please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-04, 07:41 PM
Veteran

I'd like to see them allow more than four streams...all HD.

I'd also like to see them add a West HD feed of the US-Networks.
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-06, 01:03 AM
Rookie

How about centre ice? I would definitely get it if they offered centre ice.

post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-06, 06:53 PM

How about getting it avaiable to more than one area of winnipeg rather than make people think about switching providers.
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-09, 08:38 AM

Super Écran (French language premium movies) please.
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-09, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

I'd like a "reminder" option. Similar to Shaw's but with autotune (like Bell's).
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-09, 12:35 PM

No western feed of the HD channels is ludicrous, nuts, backward and down right inconvenient!!! My Bell contract is not up till Dec/09 maybe they will get it right by then and in my area. But then again going from Bell to MTS....lol from one hard to deal with provider to another...I guess I am a masochist......
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-09, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon View Post
No western feed of the HD channels is ludicrous, nuts, backward and down right inconvenient!!! My Bell contract is not up till Dec/09 maybe they will get it right by then and in my area. But then again going from Bell to MTS....lol from one hard to deal with provider to another...I guess I am a masochist......
Do you need western feeds if you have a PVR?
I only have the SD western feeds because I don't have a PVR, and I plan to ditch them once I upgrade.
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-09, 09:42 PM
Veteran

When you are used to watching HD...SD will not even be considered...no HD-West feeds is a deal breaker...plain and simple.
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-10, 12:52 AM

Having more choice is always better but can't you just use your PVR to record the show on the eastern feed and watch it later?

Of course, this would not help people who don't get the PVR service.
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-10, 01:27 AM
Veteran

And if you want to watch Stanley Cup playoffs and record two shows that are on at the same time...you do what...tell the wife and kids they can't watch TV...good luck with that one?

Not only that...but you'd still have to record one feed in SD...(because only two of the three streams are HD)...right now the service should be called a "half-service"!
post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-05-10, 12:58 PM

Wink

Quote:
When you are used to watching HD...SD will not even be considered...no HD-West feeds is a deal breaker...plain and simple.
Well said, I love my pvr, I watch when I want to watchwhen I want to watch it and with a busy family you need both feeds east and west to accommodate all the show requests and yes only in HD, I just to not watch SD anymore.

Deal breaker for me also, but they are not in my area yet, will have to wait till late fall, maybe they will add them by then and enable PVR functions on all T.Vs like in the US. If and when all functionality is in place they may have a superior product to anybody else. But it is MTS we are talking about, they may find a way to screw it up and/or screw us........This is good all of these enhancements are just going to get me a better stay with Bell T.V retention deal if I do not want the hassles of moving providers....lol
post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-06-08, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

MTS has an ad on their website for their Advanced HD service (http://www.mts.ca/hdtv/) where they say that more HD channels and Whole Home DVR service are "coming soon". Does anyone have an idea as to when we may see this? Is "coming soon" sometime this summer, fall, winter 2010?
post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-06-09, 03:30 AM

Not sure, but I think they have to wait until the manufacturer upgrades the firmware to support it. Just like caller id on the tv, which isn't carried over from the "classic" mts tv yet.
post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old 2009-06-09, 10:21 AM

AT&T has had whole home PVR since last year, so the software is written. My guess is that MTS had tested and maybe customized the version that they rolled out and didn't want to change versions late in the process. Their priority was probably to make sure they had a solid product on day 1.

From what I read on the AT&T forums, they are in the process of rolling out some new updates so MTS may be waiting until those are stable before they do an update.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in