Bell Aliant 4K TV discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-28, 12:52 PM

So can you have a 1080p television for now and the unit work just not access to 4k? I wanna get it just for added capacity and blue tooth remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-28, 01:05 PM

@sunfiregt The same issue is being discussed in the http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...ml#post2745506. The answer seems to be that the 4K PVR can be configured for 1080P output.
post #33 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-28, 07:14 PM

I can confirm that the 4K PVR can be set to 1080P. I did have to confirm that I did have a 4K TV when I placed the order though.

post #34 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-30, 05:22 PM

Posted this on Aliant's Facebook page...

On Monday March 21st, I did an online chat with a Bell Aliant CSR in regards to getting 4K. The CSR said a tech would be here the next day to install 4K. Great, I figured this is fantastic! 4K and installed quickly!

What a joke.

On Tuesday March 22nd, the tech came and "installed" 4K. He told me I was his first 4K/gigabit install. Our previous setup was the main PVR in the living room. But because the 4K TV was in the bedroom, he had to do some rewiring to setup the 4K PVR in the bedroom.

All was good until Sunday March 27th. When the dreaded "Television signal has been lost. Please try viewing another channel or call..." which people have posted about before, decided to start appearing.

I phone BA, no problem, send a tech tomorrow.

On Monday March 28th, same tech who came to install 4K shows up. He has no idea whats causing the issue. Both TVs are displaying this and it goes on and off. Sometimes it occurs whenever changing channels, other times it occurs out of the blue watching a show. Firstly, he swaps a wireless PVR we had in the living room because it was "probably" too close to the router. He then swaps the router. This doesn't fix it. He then swaps the ONT. This does nothing. Finally he swaps the 4K box, does nothing to solve the problem. So then he tells me he's going to take the two boxes home and "test them". In turn he puts a HD PVR in place of the 4K box. He tells me he's not sure if gigabit and 4K work together... Why wouldn't they? Gigabit is simply a switch. The technology is already installed.

On the morning of Tuesday March 29th, the TVs were both working fine. TV was clear and no issues... Until roughly 9PM when it went out again. GREAT! I was too tired to bother calling, so I went to bed.

Here comes this morning (Wednesday March 30th). TVs are working fine. The tech came back and installed the 4K receiver and TVs are working fine. Then comes roughly 3:10 PM and now the TVs are out AGAIN!

I am beyond frustrated. Nobody seems to be able to help, because everyone is completely clueless. What's worse you guys won't send a different tech today, only tomorrow morning. I have to spend another night without TV! That's 4 days without consistent TV! "you'll be reimbursed"... "Reimbursed"? Can't wait to see that! Oh and I got charged $49.95 "Activation Fee" for 4K installation... So I paid $50 to mess up my TV! GREAT!

Thanks Aliant!
post #35 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-30, 09:02 PM

Ouch,

Saturday past, tech called on his way over, confirming the 4k order(I was the first in town to get it). Confirmed that I had 4k TV, and that PVR was the 4k box, would replace old PVR, and be moved to 4k TV if it wasn't there already. I also had a wired STB upgraded to wireless. He also confirmed that I was aware that all recordings would go bye-bye, luckily, Mediaroom platform does save my scheduled recordings, which was nice(see more below).

He wasn't sure if there were any extra things to do, as I was the first in the region to get 4k. When he arrived, he came in with the 2 boxes, promptly de-registered the old boxes(once he saw both my network rack in the basement and media setup, he kinda knew that I knew what I was at), he told me I could handle the wired to wireless upstairs(done in less than 5 minutes). When I got downstairs, he already had the old box removed, and was hooking up the new PVR. He turned it on, and registered it, it started doing an update. We went upstairs to check the new box which was almost done. We went into the bedroom to reboot the other wireless box so it registered to the new PVR. On our way back downstairs, the new STB was sitting on the new welcome screen for newly activated STBs. When we got downstairs, the box was just rebooting after updating. As soon as it came back online, everything was working, a recording had already started that was scheduled. We verified that the 4k was coming through, and he was out the door, all in under 30 minutes. Haven't had a hiccup since. I shall soon be heading downstairs to watch the Raptors game in 4k.
post #36 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-30, 09:24 PM

Yeah. Not sure what's causing these issues for me. My internet is also on and off as well. Nothing is reliable right now for me.

It's maddening when it seems no one seems to know what they are doing.

When the tech was here and talking on the phone with support, it seemed like support was eager to get it over with and hang up. With a situation like mine, they should get a tech to come over and go over the entire setup with an engineer or whoever could do things behind the scenes. I already think there's not much a tech can do for me. It appears there's an issue on their end. I just don't understand why it only started happening after the 4K installation and re-wiring.
post #37 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-31, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

WWEFreak666, sorry to hear of your troubles. I Hope they send someone who can trouble shoot this logically for you. BTW Is the PVR connected via CAT 5/6? How many recording can you do at one time including and excluding 4K?

Last edited by Boodaddy; 2016-03-31 at 07:12 AM.
post #38 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-31, 11:20 AM

I just confirmed with BellAliant, the Junos WILL be aired on ch. 599 LIVE this Sunday.
post #39 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-03-31, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodaddy View Post
WWEFreak666, sorry to hear of your troubles. I Hope they send someone who can trouble shoot this logically for you. BTW Is the PVR connected via CAT 5/6? How many recording can you do at one time including and excluding 4K?
The PVR is connected via Ethernet. Not exactly sure how many. To be honest I'm afraid to try to see how many with the issue I've been having with the PVR/recievers.

Anyways, the tech today said the other tech did his job correctly. The tech from today simply reset the receivers and reinstalled the updates. And the TVs have been working fine since then. But I'm not holding my breath, as we've had a day or two where everything worked fine and then all of a sudden boom.

The tech from today said if the issue appears again, to call his cell and he will escalate it to "level 2". The tech said everything is fine and at this point, a tech can't do anything to fix the issue, if it arises again.

Regarding the Junos, I don't see it on the guide, but i suppose I could tune in on channel 599 anyways. I imagine this will be in 4K? Thanks for letting us know.
Boodaddy likes this.
post #40 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-04-01, 01:11 AM

CTV's THE 2016 JUNO AWARDS is First Music Awards Show in North America to be Broadcast in 4K

Canadians with a 4K television and receiver who are Bell Fibe TV customers can view the live ultra HD broadcast. THE 2016 JUNO AWARDS airs live on CTV this Sunday, April 3 at 7 p.m. ET/8 p.m. AT.

No mention of Bell Aliant FibreOP in the press release, but if it's on 599, it should be in 4K. The press release was just issued today, so the guide may not be updated yet.
post #41 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-04-01, 11:34 AM

Sportsnet 4K: Watching sports will never be the same - Sportsnet.ca

609 SN4K is scheduled to go live at 4pm today

617 SNO4K will launch next week, well ahead of the first scheduled 4k Jays game on that channel.

Last edited by AtlanticRebel; 2016-04-01 at 12:05 PM.
post #42 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-04-01, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Glad they picked up the Jays. Thx for the info.

Now I wait for the new sets to arrive and decide what set and receiver to purchase.

Look forward to hearing how many streams are available for Gigabit customers.
post #43 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-04-01, 03:11 PM

TV is working good thus far. I called Aliant. They offered me a $12 rebate for roughly 5 days of inconsistent TV, which is a joke. But I learned a long time ago, to get what you want you have to be nice. I requested the 4K activation fee be waived and sure enough she said "that's fair". I love bypassing activation fees, but this time it was due to a crappy situation.

Anyways, I see the Junos now on 599. Don't see 609 yet.
Boodaddy likes this.
post #44 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-04-01, 04:56 PM

609 is live now
post #45 of 175 (permalink) Old 2016-04-01, 06:32 PM

Anyone else having audio issues and picture issues at time with 609? The audio is off sync.

Tags
4k tv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in