Getting out of BellTV Contract to get FibreOP - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 2012-09-14, 02:57 PM

but in that case you are just switching from one bellaliant product to another, where as going from belltv(satellite) to fibreop is switching between companies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 2012-09-14, 03:01 PM

Oops, sorry read that wrong. I thought he meant that he is in the same boat I was.

I still think it's a bit of a cop out to say that they are two different companies. In the end, aren't they both owned by the same parent corporation? Any artificial separations between them are likely purely for tax saving measures.

It's kind of like me owning two Tim Horton's franchises in one city, running out of cream in one location, and the manager of the other saying, sorry can't give you any cream, that's a loss for us. Both bundles are listed right next to each other on the Bell Aliant website. They should let him do what I did as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by swivelman; 2012-09-14 at 03:04 PM. Reason: speling
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 2012-09-14, 04:24 PM

Aliant is a separate, publicly owned company. Bell is a major shareholder, but both companies overall are owned by different people.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 2012-10-14, 01:26 PM
Rookie

I got out of my satellite contract when they removed 1 radio channel. That was a change of service and so I called and cancelled without penalty. You have 30 days from the change to cancel so keep your eyes peeled.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 2012-11-09, 08:54 AM

BellTV tried to give me a hard time in getting out my contract.
They said I had 6+ months left on my current 2 year contract.
I said really? I don't recall committing to a 2 year contract. They said I did commit. I said ok.. prove it? They said, we'll have to pull out a audio recording to prove I renewed my contract over the phone. I said fine, please do so.
After 4 days they were NEVER able to pull any proof I renewed my contract, therefore my current contract became NULL and VOID!

Tags
bellaliant , belltv , contract , fibreop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in