Retention offers - What did you get? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 116 (permalink) Old 2012-04-18, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Retention offers - What did you get?

Aliant has historically been very difficult to get retention offers. But something has changed. I currently have the FibreOp TV/Internet/Phone bundle. Also, I'm not on contract.

Last night in my junk snail mail, I received a bundle offer from Rogers for $99.99 for TV/Internet/Phone. Armed with that offer, I called in and selected option 5 to cancel. Within 5 minutes I was offered my sports theme pack and my three extra receivers free for one year. Over $20 a month savings.

Your mileage may vary...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 (permalink) Old 2012-04-19, 10:42 PM

I am trying to drop my TV however they told me I "committed" to TV for a year.. I challenged them to tell me how I committed to a contract when I didn't sign anything.. They said by paying my first bill I was committing.. I am now waiting to hear from a manager! I had fibre op internet and then added TV about 6 months later, they are trying to say that my contract needs to extend because I added a new service.. I don't think so but nice try.
post #3 of 116 (permalink) Old 2012-04-19, 10:51 PM

Did you receive a promotional rate on the TV? I think if you get a promo they suck you back into the "contract"

post #4 of 116 (permalink) Old 2012-04-30, 08:42 AM
Rookie

TV cancellation offer

I called Bell Aliant yesterday to cancel my TV subscription, but to keep my FibreOP Internet because it was costing us to much and we don't tend to watch TV during the summer months. (total bill was 177 and change after tax and other fees for TV service (PVR and stbs)

I called and pressed 5 to cancel service, right off the bat the rep offered me $25 off my package price, credit for both stbs, and free PVR ($19.90 value). We don't have home phone so we actually were paying an addition $10 a month for the PVR. This took our package from 139and change+tax to 111and change+tax a month for FibreOP TV/Internet for 1 year.

I asked multiple times if this would put me back on contract with Bell Aliant, she assured me it wouldn't. I also asked if I could still cancel my TV within the 12 months if I still feel that we do not want it, she said they would only require the 30days notice to cancel with no other cancellation fees.

I will believe my new bill when I get it at the end of May. If it is not what she stated it will be cancelled.
post #5 of 116 (permalink) Old 2012-05-01, 12:34 PM
Rookie

Smile Retention Offer

Just got my retention offer over the phone in 5 minutes.

I have High Speed Max $77.95/month (23Mbps download, 1.6Mbps upload - actual numbers I get).

I called in with nothing at hand other than the fact that I knew I wasn't on a contract and that the rogers website says I can get Telephone, TV and Internet for $99/month all inclusive (which is essentially what I pay after the $10 phone fee on top of that $77.95).

I was offered a $20 credit per month for the next six months.

Another tid bit of information is that she informed me that fiber op was coming to my area on May 24th, 2012 (East end of St. John's, MacDonald Drive area).

She also noted that this $20 credit would apply over top of the promotional rate I receive when I switch to fibre op as a new customer which would reduce my bill of fiberOP for the first 6 months to almost nothing.

Great customer service!
post #6 of 116 (permalink) Old 2012-05-02, 03:19 PM

did you do that speed test over wifi?. i am on the 30/30 and one time when i seen my numbers were down to where yours were i called them up and they did a couple things and they got my numbers close to where they are supposed to be i think it was 28-29 down and 30 up
post #7 of 116 (permalink) Old 2012-05-15, 06:54 PM

As a person who never negotiates a price on anything (I have always paid sticker price for my vehicles), I decided to call and cancel my TV service, but keep my FibreOP internet.

It wasn't a threat, I was prepared to cancel, but they immediately offered me my four receivers for free for a year ($20 savings).

Now to call Telus and get my phone bill reduced
post #8 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-23, 03:34 PM

I am in New Brunswick. Last Thursday I called Rogers and booked an appointment to switch my Aliant services just to see what Aliant would offer me to stay. Rogers contacted Aliant right away and on Friday a sales person called me from Aliant.

He gave me the Better package for $122.95 per month for three years. He included TMN and my two extra receivers free for three years as well. On top of that he gave me the next three months bills totally FREE ($420 value) and also included NHL Center Ice 2015/2016 for free. If I didn't want Center Ice he would have sent me a $100 Visa card.

I was told this offer is available until September 30th.

All you need to do is call Rogers to and set up the appointment to switch, then sit back and wait for Aliant to call you. I booked the install for the first week of October to give me time to cancel the Rogers install just in case!
post #9 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-23, 06:42 PM

Wow.. I wish I could get Center Ice for free. Problem is, I just switched from Aliant to Rogers back to Aliant in less than a month. Hated Rogers. I wonder if there's a way to convince them other than having to book an appointment with Rogers and all that Jazz... I guess I could say Rogers gives GameCenter live for free... Which IMO is a much better service than Center Ice anyways.
post #10 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-24, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

The well is only so deep
post #11 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-25, 10:33 AM

We were paying $111.45/mo for Phone and DSL bundle... called Aliant and got $13 off for 12 months to switch to paperless billing. Wish it were a little more of a discount given the speed gap we get between fibreop and DSL --- I'd be happy to pay the full price if I could get fibreOP lol
post #12 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-25, 11:22 AM
Rookie

Booked Rogers appointment and local (NL) sales rep gave me 3 year Better Bundle plus

+movie channel package/superstations
+Crave TV
+two receivers
+free NA long distance

He also offered NHL Centre Ice for $4/mo.

All for $122.95/mo.
post #13 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-25, 02:35 PM

@giggty

Who gave you this Rogers or BELL Aliant
post #14 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-25, 06:25 PM

I would say Bell as ROGERS doesn't have Crave unless it changed lately.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #15 of 116 (permalink) Old 2015-09-26, 07:09 AM

Why bother booking an appointment with Rogers? Can't you just say that you've booked an appointment with them or is Rogers contacting them for some reason?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in