Retention offers - What did you get? - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-03-13, 03:39 PM

Does anyone know the number of the company that calls on behalf of BellAliant to offer deals to switch better than those on the website? They've called me a few times to switch to FibreOp TV since I already have internet and phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-03-13, 06:24 PM

PM sent containing number of guy who did my deal.
post #48 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-03-21, 01:35 PM
Rookie

Is this a number for Nova Scotia? If so please send it my way.

post #49 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-06-01, 09:54 PM

My current 3-year promotion will be up in September and I am trying to make plans for that now.

What would be the best course of action to get a good deal from BellAliant?

Honestly I am not so sure I even want to keep all the services because we hardly use the home phone and I am looking into alternative sources for entertainment programming. Money is tight but if we can get a deal from retentions it may help.
post #50 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-06-02, 07:59 AM

Don't bother trying to drop home phone, the 2 service packages have slower internet speeds, and on average, to get the same speed and TV channels, it will cost about 20$ more per month than you currently pay to have a useless home phone.

Easiest way to get a deal, is just mention the R word and they pulled out the red carpet for me.
post #51 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-06-02, 09:46 AM
Veteran

Yeah, having two services doesn't make sense, deal wise. They'd rather give you a phone number that you never use, for some reason.

Your best options are to cancel for Rogers and see what they offer you, or if you don't want home phone or TV, cut down to Internet only. The base FibreOp internet is $85, which is likely cheaper than any bundle will get you, and it's plenty fast enough for typical usage.
post #52 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-06-02, 12:07 PM

I'm assuming that I'll have to actually sign up with Rogers and get them to contact BellAliant in order for them to believe I'm serious?
post #53 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-06-02, 02:57 PM

Yes pretty much what you have to do sign with competition then call Bell tell them you cancelling don't bother with the offer you get from them when they transfer you to the retention department. That is rip off offer they offered me $5 more than I was on then at the time. Waited for the real offer from the retention when they called back got $30 off what I was paying plus the receivers, CraveTV, movies channels and the theme packs I had thrown in as well for free.
can3gxw likes this.
post #54 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-06-02, 02:59 PM

If you've been a long term BellAliant customer, tell them flat out that you are looking at your costs and you "really don't want to leave just because the price is going way up". If there is a Rogers promo price in your area, tell them that. Don't bitch, don't threaten. Discuss your options. All their calls are recorded, so give them a chance to match Rogers.

If the CSR won't (or can't) give you a better deal, ask if there is someone else that might be able to. If they refuse, then thank them for their time and end the call. Call Rogers and tell them to sign you up. Schedule the install for a couple of weeks out. Once you have the date, call BA back and cancel your service as of that date. They should ask "why", to which you can then tell them. They will most likely come around.

Again though - BE NICE about it. Don't berate the CSR or the service itself. Act disappointed that you have to leave BellAliant, then praise what they've got.

I never complain AT anyone that I've ever spoken to. I will voice a concern if something's not working, but keep it light hearted so they know that I'm a patient man and will work with them if they work with me.

My 3-year, $99 promo is up in December...
acadian33 likes this.
post #55 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-06-02, 03:08 PM

Earlier this year when my promo was ending, I took a pic of the rogers 99$ promo, tweeted it, and said that my promo had ended, theirs looks great and that all I wanted was to get a fair deal, no crazy discounts with everything free under the sun. I got to keep my deal, and got the 4k upgrade thrown in.
acadian33 and can3gxw like this.
post #56 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-08-04, 12:58 PM

I contacted them on Social Media three days ago with a scan of a Rogers promo flyer and still haven't heard anything from them. I just decided to call them today and cancel (My 3-year promo is up end of this month) and all they offered was a small discount off per month. Not worth it IMO as all I really need is internet service. I'm currently just doing a wait and see if they contact me to make me a better offer but not holding my breath.
post #57 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-08-04, 02:50 PM

What seems to work is scheduling a cancellation.

I previously accepted an offer from the retention CSR for $10 off monthly. This was after the last price increase, which wasn't long ago.

With news of yet another increase, I called to cancel. Rogers offers some much less expensive options that would be fine for me (I don't need 100/50, I'd rather pay less).

The CSR checked, couldn't offer anything better, so we proceeded to schedule the cancellation. Same day I received a call from a local rep offering $65/mth for 3 years and also boosted the speed for free. Now that's more reasonable! Happily accepted.

Another family member was also in the process of switching to Rogers for the savings, and same thing happened.

Just be prepared to make the switch if for some reason they don't come back with an offer. It was cheaper with Rogers anyway so no biggie (although I don't like Rogers)

With the limited choice of providers in NL, there is not much competition to drive prices down. But cancelling seems to get their attention. As it should. Much happier now.
post #58 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-08-10, 10:07 AM
Rookie

Not sure if anyone has called regarding the 6 dollar increase but I just called and was told that my 3 year "fixed" price only applies to the discount I receive on my account. This is not how it was explained to me when I received my retention offer. I was told by the CSR that my rate only guarentee's the 47 dollar a month discount not that price of the bundle.
post #59 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-08-10, 10:29 AM

@NLmike - I think the CSR is confused or just did not relay the correct information to you. What you "should" see is your monthly package increase, but at the same time your monthly discount increase. This is what's happening with mine. Before, it was "FibreOp Bundle" for $99.95. Now it shows "Fibe Bundle" for $175.95 on one line, and below it "Bundle Discount Ending December 2016 -$76.00"
post #60 of 117 (permalink) Old 2016-08-10, 10:57 AM
Rookie

I wonder if that will be the case. I spoke to a CSR and also someone in Loyalty and the increase in the discount was never mentioned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in