Aliant TV Remote Control Questions - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-13, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Aliant TV Remote Control Questions

Is there any way to turn off the backlight on the Motorola remote? I've noticed the remote control battery life isn't that great, so I'm wondering if turning off the backlight (which I don't need at all) might help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-14, 01:41 PM

Useful link:

http://support.bellaliant.net/system...TICLE_ID=20965

Quote:
Backlight Cancellation Feature

Your MXv3 Remote Control has the ability to toggle between turning the backlights on or off. If you wish to use this feature, follow these instructions.

1. Press and hold the TV key and while holding it pressed, press the OK key for one second and release both keys at the same time.
2. All the mode keys flash and the TV mode key light stays on.
3. Press the GUIDE key, all backlights will no longer turn on.

To reverse this process so that the backlights turn on when the remote control is being used, simply follow the same steps of the above section one more time.
I had the MXv3 remote with Mediaroom on MTS and found turning the backlight off made a big difference in battery life.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2014-09-20 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Updated links
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-19, 10:03 AM
Rookie

Thanks! I also notice these remotes eat batteries like crazy.

I hope this make a difference for me as well.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-21, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Grrr, it doesn't work for me. Once I let go of the OK button, all the mode keys flash but the TV light doesn't stay on. Then pressing the guide button doesn't do anything. My remote is the same one that is in the picture, but it is grey. Could that make a difference?

Thanks for the link Dr. Dave.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-21, 11:02 PM

the grey remote is not the same as the black remote, the grey remote is a motorola vir 140, i'm not sure if you can disable the backlight on them
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-22, 12:53 AM

I added the link for the grey Motorola remote. I did a quick search and didn't see any way to turn off the backlight.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-22, 08:44 AM

Thanks for the links, Dr. Dave. I have the guide for my black remote but I don't have one for the grey remote. I knew that a lot of the instructions for the grey remote were different but I couldn't find the guide for it anywhere online.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-22, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Bummer, guess I'd better stock up on AA batteries! Thanks for your help though.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-27, 08:03 AM
Veteran

Volume controls changed?

Has anybody else noticed this? This morning when I changed the volume with my Aliant remote, it changed the output volume from the STB instead of changing my TV's volume. It's never done that before.

Is that new, or did I somehow accidentally mess something up on my remote?
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-27, 08:47 AM

sounds like the remote lost it's programming to control the volume for your TV, what remote do you have, black or grey? you can find programming instructions on www.bellaliant.net
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-27, 09:05 AM

@Tridus, I moved your post to the remote control thread. It sounds like the remote needs reprogramming. If you don't have the manual, see post 2.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 2012-01-27, 11:11 AM
Veteran

Alright I'll check it out, thanks.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 2013-08-27, 12:34 PM

MxV4 Remote Control for VIP 2262ESL PVR

I apologize in advance if this is posted elsewhere, but this is for the black set-top box, not the older silver version which has a different remote. Switched from Rogers to FibreOp and I'm having issues with the remote control, some of these are impacting getting my Harmony programmed.

First, the App button is not functioning - it brings the guide up. Is this a problem common to all subs? This is common to all my boxes, not just the PVR.

The power button. Sometimes I power on directly, sometimes I get a message to "Press OK to watch TV". I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason for this, other than perhaps it was never off to begin with (but the power button is off at the box...). Has anyone figured it out?

As a side note, the Harmony site recognizes VIP2262 as a valid PVR, but the buttons it gives do not match the ones for the remotes for either the black or silver boxes. Is there a trick to get around this other than doing a bunch of remote learning one button at a time?

VIP5662W/2202,SamUN55KS8000F/46C6300,BDK8500/C5500,Denon3805,ParadigmMon9,CC370,MiniMon,PS1000/HWK650,HarmUlt1,WDLiveTVs
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 2013-08-27, 01:59 PM

You could try using Motorola VIP1216 for the Harmony setup - the codes should be the same.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 2013-08-29, 01:39 AM

I had to use the train function for some of the function s when I programed my remote try that it should help

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Tags
2262 , app , harmony , power , remote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in