Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

9241 Update Fails to P.O.S.T. with out front panel reset

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has encountered this. My 9241 Receiver fails to power on self test after the daily updates unless I do a front panel reset. I have changed my update time to later on in the morning so I can skip the restart option. It seems to fail about 98-99% of the time. This is my 2nd 9241 with the same issue and I've been living with this for years now. The issue started after the last firmware update back in 2010.

Issue: 9241 Fails to self boot after checking for daily updates - No way to disable this feature.

The restart message appears and if I don't catch it on time the receiver will attempt to reboot. The TV screen goes black and the cooling fan spins at a lower speed and just sits there. I've waited over a day to see if anything would change but it didn't. The only way to get it back is to perform a front panel reset (FPR). If everything in the universe aligns right.. it will actually reboot like its suppose to. Most days I either catch it or do a FPR. Its annoying because when I go away because I know that my scheduled recordings will get missed due to this frozen state.

As I said this is my 2nd box with this issue. I swapped out the first because of this issue and the hard drive was starting to fail. My setup is pretty standard. Dual horn feed, going into SW44. I have 2 receivers in my home 9241 and 6131. Only the 9241 is effected. I know that I am missing Sat Feed 82 due to a large tree in the way and I don't feel like playing Paul Bunyan. Sat 91 has 98% Signal strength. The receiver works if i do a FPR, but the self reboot just hangs. The tech I had out thought it may have to do with the SAT 82 missing but I don't see how that would effect it other than limiting my ability to get HD channels and my 6131 is also set to reboot and it's never had an issue. The other annoying thing is that you can't disable this feature on the 9241. This is leaving me to conclude the 2nd 9241 I have is also funky. If you know different please let me know.

James.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.