Official: Telus Launches Satellite TV - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 12:37 AM

But you can only have 2 receivers per household.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 09:36 AM

Telus website says 6 per houshold.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Just activated 2 9241 pvr,professional install n/c and the kids love the pvr,one for free for a three year term and one rental,will probably add more receivers as I had two switch 44 installed giving me eight outputs(pvr eat up two outputs each).Happy so far.
Ok, so the PVR is free on a 3 year term, is the second receiver also a PVR? How much is the rental?

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 01:28 PM

Quote:
But you can only have 2 receivers per household.
Satellite TV allows you have to 6 receivers per household.
IPTV allows you to only have 2 receivers (only 1 PVR out of the 2).
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITALEight View Post
Satellite TV allows you have to 6 receivers per household.
IPTV allows you to only have 2 receivers (only 1 PVR out of the 2).
You can have 3 SD boxes with IPTV if you qualify.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 02:59 PM

I was assuming he would want atleast 1 HD box. That means only 1 SD box.

In HD, even the commercials are enjoyable!
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 09:28 PM
Rookie

Sat Tel

My Pvr is free as I get a $15 month credit on a three year term,no similar offer with Bell,also with bundling I get $5 off per month,not much but if I run into any trouble I deal with the mother company and not a contractor who wont respond.Six receivers max, pvr or single feed receiver.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 11:17 PM

WTF? $5 off for Satellite TV for bundling? Are you sure this isn't a promotion for a few months or something?

In HD, even the commercials are enjoyable!
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-01, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITALEight View Post
TELUS does NOT offer bundling discounts for Satellite TV. You would pay the same price you do with Bell currently. It's part of the deal between Bell and TELUS.
Bundling would save me more than $15 on my land line telephone, maybe not anything specifically on the satellite charges, but there is a bundle reduction if I add satellite TV to the phone.

I prefer not to bundle from one company as I like to spread my comms around and not have everything come in on same communication line (i.e. all my eggs in one basket). I have Shaw internet, Telus telephone, and Bell TV. Now that Telus is 'reselling' essentially the same service as Bell TV, I thought I would switch. Not just to save some cash, but most importantly to get away from Bell's horrendous billing practices.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-02, 08:06 AM

Just wondering if you call in for Tech support and programing changes do you get a Bell call center (for example Telus customers dial different #l that goes to bell sat call center and the csr answers "welcome to Telus Satellite") or is Telus handling all this l centre.out of there own call centre
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-02, 08:27 AM
Rookie

Quote:
but most importantly to get away from Bell's horrendous billing practices.
I just heard from a contact that all Billing is being done by Bell. I hope that person was wrong.

As you all progress with the Telus offering, keep us informed of how it all goes.

Who knows this could be a trial by Telus and if it works out, they might just take over the entire Bell TV Satellite network......
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-07-02, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barter View Post
Just wondering if you call in for Tech support and programing changes do you get a Bell call center (for example Telus customers dial different #l that goes to bell sat call center and the csr answers "welcome to Telus Satellite") or is Telus handling all this l centre.out of there own call centre
All customer contacts for billing and troubles will be with a Telus rep and never a Bell rep. If there were a need to contact Bell for an issue it would be done by the Telus rep.

It works similarly to you having phone service from a CLEC. The CLEC is your provider and all troubles/billing goes through the CLEC. If there is a network issue the CLEC contacts Telus.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-08-07, 03:43 AM
Rookie

Telus Satellite TV comes to Victoria

Check out the "Telus Satellite TV" hyperlink on telus site

Sign a 2-year or 3-year agreement, and they throw-in a dual-tuner HD PVR, i.e., record 2 programs while playing a previously-record program (or while watching 1 of the 2 programs that you're recording).
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-08-11, 02:29 PM
Veteran

Does anyone on the board have Telus Satellite TV? I'm curious how they handle customer service issues? Are they exactly the same as Bell such as a 30 day requirement for deleting a channel or bundle?
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 2009-08-13, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITALEight
Contracts are optional, you can go month to month if you like.

Don't forget, TELUS Satellite TV is the same as Bell TV (same packages, same prices, same equipment).
Bell requires a contract. I was told this by a representative via their website and then even called to confirm because I simply couldn't believe it. Buying a box myself or renting, they will simply refuse to give me service unless I sign a minimum 1 year (I believe it was, but it may have been 2) contract.

So can you go month-to-month with TELUS? Or is it the same as Bell? It can be only one

Assuming you can go month-to-month (though it's a valid question even if you can't, but I personally will no longer be interested): Is it possible/legal/ok to get TELUS Sat in Ontario? I'm quite fed up with my $100+ a month bill from Rogers for what I would consider "basic" television service (I'm not going to pay anyone anything if I can't have HD and a PVR and Timeshifting ... I'll just go OTA and hell, even then I can still have a PVR and *some* HD for just the cost of the hardware) and desperately seeking an alternative as they seem to have no interest in giving me any kind of price break in order to keep me as a customer, but I'm not willing to lock in to a contract with all the horrible things I've heard about Bell ... and *C doesn't appear to have rental boxes, so that's no better than being locked in a contract ... worse actually imho.

Tags
dish , hdpvr , pvr , satellite , telus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in