BEV for Condos, IR Blaster and DVD recorder - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-29, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

BEV for Condos, IR Blaster and DVD recorder

My VCR just went kerflooie (sp?) so I figured it was time to upgrade to a DVD recorder.

Since I use an IR blaster connected to my Motorola RG2400 STB to control the recorder, I called Bell tech support to find out if the STB will work with a DVD recorder. First he said yes, then he said maybe then he checked with someone else and said no.

I don't think they really know.

Someone here must know if I can use a DVD recorder with my setup.

If the answer is yes, step by step configuration instructions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-29, 11:13 PM

well my best guess is whats the brand of your recorder,, and then look in your bev manual and try those codes in the receiver. if your recoder is a one button record and stop,, well theres a chance ill work,, its a matter if the code is there for your recorder.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-30, 10:17 AM

My parents have the same set up and I was tempted to pick one up with a hard drive for them for Christmas but all this uncertainty scares me.

Bell has put up a dish on the roof for impatient HD clients so they don't lose them to Rogers but they get a pretty decent channel package from Bell included in their condo fee without setting up a separate account just to rent a PVR.

My suggestion to them will be to wait it out till the technology catches up.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-30, 07:42 PM

I wish my condo was like that,, they seem to cheap to have HD in this building, there saying ill cost 25 000 dollars, yes 3 zeros,, i cant belive that figure,, theres 96 units in between 2 buildings. I'm sure i could put up some flebay parts and make it happen for alot less.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in