Solved Fibe 4K Signal Lost - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 2019-07-04, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Solved Fibe 4K Signal Lost

Recently upgraded from regular bell fibe to a 4K fibe tv receiver on main tv. I also have home hub 2000, vip2500 wireless repeater (near the main tv), and wireless TV receiver 2502 for second TV. The technician installed the 4K receiver, set it up, and it seemed to work fine while he was here. I noticed that the 4K receiver is connected wirelessly, the old HD receiver for main tv was connected by coax and wireless.

- immediately started getting intermittent signal loss on main 4K tv with new receiver. Also started getting signal lost on the secondary TV. Tried rebooting, moving VIP2500 receiver, etc etc. Still had intermittent problems.
- Phone fibe tech support, they took me through a full reboot, no improvement. They said that Bell should upgrade the wireless repeater to 3500 model, and upgrade home hub to 3000. Called Bell and they said they would ship the new boxes
- received wireless repeater first, set it up, connected it to 4K box. All was well until I turned on second TV. This caused the 4K receiver box to say signal lost intermittently and the secondary TV to say it was not connected at all (new error). The secondary 2502 box said I had to pair it with the wireless system, but why? It, being close to the home hub, should not be effected by the repeater replacement. Went to home hub 2000, did the pairing, everything started working correctly.

My conclusion is that the secondary TV box was not paired with the home hub, somehow it was paired with the much further away wireless repeater. When both receivers were operating, the wireless repeater suffered from the "near-far" problem that causes transceivers to have problems when trying to transmit a lot of data to something very near (2 ft away) and far away (75 feet or so). The problem was fixed by pairing the repeater with the close 4K receiver, and pairing the secondary 2502 tv box with the closer home hub (it is about 10 feet from home hub to secondary 2502 receiver).

Hope this helps someone else fix their problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in