Help Restoring Deleted Recordings from Bell Fibe HDPV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-08-04, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Help Restoring Deleted Recordings from Bell Fibe HDPV

I am looking for a way to restore recordings from my Bell Fibe HDPVR that were deleted over 6 months ago. I have been told that if I am able t find a way to connect my Bell Fibe HDPVR tattoo my Macbook Air and use aaa Data Recovery Software, I amy be able to restore them.
I am specifically trying to revive the following shows WITH their original air date commercials from CTV or ABC and Disney Channel:
The last 7 episodes of Once Upon a Time Season 5
ALL of Once Upon a Time Season 6
Once Upon a Time Season 7 Episode 4
The last 7 episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3
ALL of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4
The first 2 episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5
ALL of Inhumans Season 1
Girl Meets World of Terror 3
If anyone would be able to please help me out with this or in any other way, its would be truly gratefully appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-08-04, 06:30 AM
Rookie

Even if you find a way to access the drive, it is very un likely the files will be there intac unless you haven’t recorded anything since the files you are looking for were recorded. New recordings will over write any file flagged for deletion. The drive may also be encrypted,
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-08-04, 09:30 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Although some files may be undeleted from a computer, if they haven't already been overwritten, this is not the case for recordings on a Bell PVR. These recordings are encrypted and once deleted are unrecoverable. Recordings are not only encrypted, but must be "flagged" as OK to view each time you view them.

You will have to look elsewhere for your programming, perhaps streaming from the web somewhere, although I'm not sure about the commercials. If it's a specific commercial you're looking for, that may also be available for streaming somewhere, but may be more difficult to find.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-08-04, 09:49 AM

I can confirm that the files are encrypted, so you wouldn't be able to play them if you tried to copy them from the hard drive.

It's also very unlikely that drive recovery software would be able to handle a Fibe TV drive. It uses Mediaroom software which runs on Windows CE and then layers its own file management system on top of the basic file system to allocate files in large chunks suitable for video recording to prevent fragmentation.

I'm not sure why you want the original commercials, but you can subscribe to CraveTV and binge-watch all 5 seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. without commercials. Netflix has the first 6 seasons of Once Upon a Time and will probably get season 7 later.

You can use www.justwatch.com to find other shows.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-08-04, 11:59 AM
Veteran

Quote:
I am looking for a way to restore recordings from my Bell Fibe HDPVR that were deleted over 6 months ago.
That's next to impossible. I doubt even the FBI could get them back after this length of time. Might as well face the fact that they cannot be restored.

It's best to move on and find another source for the content. It's possible that someone has some of those show recordings intact. They might be able to provide a copy. I won't go into the legal or ethical issues surrounding that. The content itself, without commercials, is probably available from another source. Try the station sites, streaming services and DVDs. If it can be determined which commercials were aired with the shows, the commercials themselves may be available from another source. The stations or the CRTC may have a record of the airings' content (not a recording) but it could likely be costly to obtain them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in