How frequently can I suspend? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2018-02-05, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

How frequently can I suspend?

You can suspend Fibe TV for 1-6 months for a flat $49. How frequently can I do that? IOW, if I suspend tomorrow (Feb 6/18) until Apr 15/18, what's the next date I could suspend again?

I know with Rogers I would not be able to suspend again until Feb 6/19, but I can't find the info for Bell Fibe TV and the agents don't seem to know.

Thanks!
=aw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2018-02-05, 06:02 PM
Veteran

I think you can suspend it as often as you want, but I am not sure 100% about that.
You should know that when you suspend the service Bell would charge you rental fee for the equipment even if you are getting credit for that, unless you own your equipment.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2018-02-05, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, that's what Bell Live Chat said (except they said you need a full month of service in between). But she also said it was 4mo min and agreed when I said it was 1mo min, so I wasn't that confident of her advice.

I've suspended this account for them in past years, and my experience was the discounted PVR rental period didn't change while the discounted service period did. Current statement doesn't show an expiry date for service but the PVR is month 58 of 60 (so ends Apr 19/18) while the Dec 2017 statement (last one to show dates for the service discount) says _that_ discount ends Aug 2019. At the start (May 2013) they ended at the same time, but I guess over time the suspensions have added 16 months to the service-discount expiry.

When the suspension is done (really mid-April not May 1) I'll recommend they find out what Bell will do for them when the free PVR is over. Unless it's still free, I'll recommend they buy a used box (unless that's a bad idea). If it is still free, I'll recommend that they do it before the next suspension?

Thanks again!
=aw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in