Issue with home hub 2000 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-11-07, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Issue with home hub 2000

Hi, Iím seeking help in trying to solve a network issue due to my HUB 2K. (I believe that where the issue is at 99%, I could be wrong)
I donít want to through a bunch of money at the problem, I want to solve it as easily as possible. I know that I could just go out and buy a new 500$ router and it would solve my problem.
I'll try to include has much info has possible.

Hereís my setup:
MAIN TV: Samsung UN65KS9000 plugged in to my Hub 2K with Ethernet cable.
Computer: Windows 7 ultimate, 8 gig of RAM, Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 AMD790FX, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core, ATI Radeon 5800 1 Gig of RAM. (2 giga ethernet ports)
Connected to a 8 port giga switch which is connected to the hub 2K.
VAP 2500 connected to the same switch as the computer. (keeping it away from the hub 2K)
2 Bell VIP2502 wireless receivers. (1 connected to a Samsung UN49KU7000 4K tv, and the other an Samsung HD tv)

Hereís my issue: When I stream a 4K movie from my computer to my TV using the TV DLNA function. I get random pauses in the video and audio.
And sometimes the video stop and gives me an error. I did remove the switch and connected my computer directly to the hub 2K to see it the issue was with the switch. Same issue.
So, I tried something else, tried streaming it on my other 49 inch tv that is connect to the VIP2502 Ethernet port. Worked flawlessly.
So took the other VIP and connected it to my main tv, and it also worked no issue. So came to the conclusion that the issue is with the Hub 2K routing. My computer is fast enough to provide the stream to the VAP.

I do have an old Dlink DGL-4300 that I could use as my router, but not sure if it would work with the hub 2K?

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-11-08, 09:21 AM

To clarify (forgive me):
Traffic through the switch only is OK
Traffic through the 2K experiences random pauses.

I've had the same issue streaming music from the web to the PC while also working on the PC - hesitations when a search or program loading. but issue seems to have abated in last few days. Currently my wiring is all to switch which then wired to 2K. TV hard wired to 2K.
May be a QoS issue with 2K?

Former Rogers VIP, now Bell Fibe, Sony KDL40W3000, BDPS350, Philips Streamium NP2500 (2). DS209 NAS, Playbook
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-11-08, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi Norm,
Yes only traffic from the 2K is pausing. Weirdest thing is that when traffic is going through the Ethernet port of the wireless fibe receiver it works fine, but wires to the 2K no dice!!!
I also believe that it could be QOS issue. So bell would have lowered the priority of streaming over DLNA in the 2K. SAD!!!!

One of my solutions would be to use another router in conjunction with the 2K since my PVR is connected to the 2K by Ethernet.
Do you know how good is the speed for the PVR by RG6 to the 2K?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in