HomeHub 3000 freezing regularly at "Loading/Chargement" - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 2017-10-03, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

HomeHub 3000 freezing regularly at "Loading/Chargement"

I've been enjoying FibeTV's Gigabit FTTH for a couple of months now, but over the past 2 weeks the modem has frozen at the "Loading/Chargement" screen with a single yellow (I) light on. I have to recycle the power to get everything loading again.

This screen shows as soon as you turn on the power, so it's randomly rebooting on its own and hanging at boot.

Is this a common occurrence with these boxes? I've called in tech support to get it replaced, but wonder if this is something that happens all the time since this also knocks out my phone line.

Is there any way to go back to a POTS phone line when you've been set up with FTTH? The techs I have spoken to aren't very sure.

Thanks in advance!
acadian33 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 2017-10-03, 12:04 PM
Veteran

does your internet/tv/phone still work when the modem is "Frozen"?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 2017-10-03, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Is there any way to go back to a POTS phone line when you've been set up with FTTH?
Interesting question.

I had been wondering myself - when they install FTTH in a home, do they remove the copper lines to the pole or lawn box?

I also wonder when they install FTTH in a whole neighborhood, do they also install the fiber to the homes that don't subscribe to Bell Fibe, but do have a home phone?

Anyway, if they removed your copper line, I doubt that they would entertain giving you back a copper pair POTS system again.

elyk

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 2017-10-06, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Paolo: The router completely stops working. No phone, internet, nor TV. Even wireless stops transmitting.

Elyk: After a lengthy talk with Bell and several levels of personnel, even though the technicians left the copper line to my house, their policy is that once a house has been provisioned with FTTH, there is absolutely no way they will let you go back to copper! This includes DSL and telephone lines. If you want a slower speed, they will throttle it through the fiber connection.

I've even tried going to Primus which still provides traditional landlines, and they came back with a reply that they cannot do it either, likely because of that same policy.

Seems like Bell's grand plan to get rid of copper, hook everyone with FTTH and cut out all of the third party providers.

Guess I was the first sucker.. Wish I knew this before trying it.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 2017-10-06, 04:39 PM
Rookie

i had the same problem. bell tech came to my house, changed the modem. he also discovered that my connexion in the box in the street (don't know what it's called) was wrong. he also told me the plug the modem into a different electrical plug (i found it stupid but did it anyway). now it works fine. hope that helps. you have to call bell and have your modem changed.... it's a known problem at Bell.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-02-21, 11:51 AM
Rookie

Sorry to bump an old thread, but wondering if anyone has found out what actually is the problem here? Soon after "upgrading" to Gigabit Fibe a few months ago (probably around the time of the last posts to this thread), we started experiencing this problem.

Initially, the tech came back and replaced the HH3000 - we originally got a refurb unit - with a brand new one, I think less than 2 weeks after the upgrade. Problems were/have been less than with the first box, but still persist. Usually end up having to unplug the unit when it gets "stuck"; sometimes (not often), it cures itself.

Haven't followed up with Bell in awhile as it seemed like they didn't actually know what the problem was/is - guessing they still don't?

When it gets stuck, we - like the OP - lose all phone, internet, TV.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-02-21, 09:57 PM
Rookie

Good evening! Do you have a XBOX One? If so, there is a issue with the instant on setting and the Home Hub 3000. Try changing to energy saving mode.

System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-02-23, 02:44 PM
Rookie

Nope, no XBOX of any kind.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-02-24, 11:21 AM
Rookie

Same thing appended to me. Bell replaced the modem and discover that a third party had change my connexion in the street connexion box (don't know the name of it). You have to call Bell and...... good luck
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-03-05, 07:54 AM
Rookie

I've been having the same issue since last August, every couple of weeks the modem goes down. Bell gives me the same old song and dance, unplug your modem, something is wrong in our end, it should be working now, something is not configured properly on our end yada yada.

Finally I lost it with them last Saturday and they sent another tech in Sunday. According tobthe Tech my line dir whatever reason is not stable and cannot handle 50 download (last August I upgraded from 25 to 50) so they need to pair bond the line in order to get the speeds and configuration according to the tech. I asked bell tier 2 support a couple of months ago to pair bond the line because I thought it would solve the issue and they said that they only pair bond for 100 down! Looks like they were wrong. I'll update when the tech cones back after the pair bonding is complete and update
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-04-24, 02:45 PM
Rookie

On my second HH3000 and still frequently lose TV, phone, internet a couple of times per week.

Never had a problem before "upgrading" my equipment about four months ago.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-05-23, 02:53 PM
Rookie

Having the EXACT same issue as described here. I have internet service only (100/100) and the HH3000 crashes daily. Stuck with the "Loading" text on the modem. Only a power-cycle fixes it. On my 2nd modem. 3 techs have been out. Have disconnected all WiFi devices. Xbox is set to power save. SO frustrating.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-05-23, 03:08 PM
Rookie

Do we want to start listing all our devices to see if we have a common device that might be causing the issue? If so, I can start:

Wifi:
Indoor NestCam
Roku Streaming Stick
1 IPTV Android Box
2 iPhones
1 iPad
2 MacBook Pros
Chromecast Ultra
Google Home Mini
Harmony Hub
Oculus GO VR Headset

Wired:
65" Samsung KS8000 UHD TV
Sinope Wireless Thermostat (hub wired into modem)
1 IPTV Android Box
Xbox One X
1 Windows 10 PC (Plex)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-05-24, 08:43 PM
Veteran

The best bet is to troubleshoot the issue yourself. Start by disconnecting or turning off half the devices. If that solves the issue, reconnect half the disconnected devices. If not, disconnect half the remaining devices. Continue until the problem device is isolated.

That assumes that it is a device causing the issue. An alternate strategy would be to disconnect or turn off everything. If that doesn't solve the issue, it lies with Bell's service or equipment. If it does, reconnect half the devices and proceed to isolate the device as stated previously.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-06-02, 02:12 PM
Rookie

the problem is with the bell modem. they changed mine and now it's working fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in