Hi - maybe already known to everyone - my apologies if so.
But news to me: today I discovered most high def bell fibe tv programming is not 1080p.
How do I know this... long story.
But you can prove it to yourself if you wish, it will cost you 6$ ( a high def movie rental).
1) connect your STB with COMPONENT cables to your tv. (yes component RGB)
2) tune a high def channel, verify you can see the picture
3) rent a high def movie
4) watch as the picture disappears
5) now connect the STB with HDMI
6) notice you can now watch the movie you rented
what we can surmise:
Movie rentals on fibetv are streamed at 1080p, a resolution NOT supported by component cables.
However ALL other programming is 1080i (or less).
anyhow, not a show stopper but still interesting. Despite Bell's marketing machine, their definition of 200+ high def channels is subjective