Fibe modem/router (HH2000) reboot every 15-20 days??? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-09-14, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Fibe modem/router (HH2000) reboot every 15-20 days???

For a few months ago, my HH2000 begin to reboot by itself every 15-20 days, let say around 2 times per month. As well during the reboot the wifi is gone, ethernet is gone and Fibe TV is gone. If I look physically at my HH2000 during outage, it's flashing red, then blue, just like a standard reboot. My HH2000 is fully protected by a brand new TrippLite 550VA back ups power, so power outage isn't an explanation.

I also looked into my HH2000 internal LOG and I didn't see any SYS error at the moment of the outage, only this thing I am not sure about this event which is around the outage time :

2017-09-14 20:15:50 INF SYS TR-069 connectivity to (postact.cwmp.acs.bell.ca) has been initiated
2017-09-14 20:16:02 INF SYS TR-069 connectivity to (postact.cwmp.acs.bell.ca) has been closed

Any idea on this problem?? Since it's not that much annoying at this time, I didn't opened a case with Bell technical service yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-09-15, 03:34 PM
Veteran

Did the reboots start when the UPS was added, after or before? Could Bell be initiating a reboot? Is there anything in the settings that would be causing a reboot? Is there an internal backup battery in the router and does it need to be replaced? The next thing I would look at is the external power block.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-09-15, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

As working it IT for 16 years now, I already passed through all these questions, except to know if Bell can initiate a remote reboot and why? The UPS is in place since day #1 (1 year ago) and this issue appeared only like 3 months ago. I have nothing in particular on my network that can cause the HH2000, I only have 3 wired peripherals which is (1) Bell FIBE PVR, (2) Bell wireless AP for wireless receivers and (3) one desktop computer (HP), then everything else is wifi (I have around 25 wifi peripherals). The Bell FIBE HH2000 doesn't have any internal battery, this is why I put it on a UPS. Of course the external power block can be responsible of unexpected reboot, but I'll need to check that with Bell technical support since it's not an universal power block.

I asked this question in the case that people can be aware of Bell doing some remote reboot (for firmware update as example), but apparently it's not a known issue.

Last edited by 57; 2017-09-16 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in