Bell Fibe Alt TV streaming service - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 2018-05-03, 01:03 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
99% of the time people are mis-informed. im not trying to defend bell here, I am just chiming in when I read mis-information. The Bell Alternative TV package may not have a bundle discount, but it DOES have a price discount compared to the fibe tv package. The Alternative TV Starter package is $15, and the Fibe TV Starter package is $25

Internet: Fibe 25 (fixed cost for both)
Fibe TV Starter: $25
Alt TV Starter: $15
Fibe PVR Box renal: $20
Fibe Secondary Box Rental: $7
Alt TV Rental : NOT APPLICABLE, ITS ALT, THERE IS NO BOX

Like i said earlier, im not siding with Bell on this one but I already see $37 in savings for someone who watches starter tv on their Alternative tv package compared to bell fibe tv. That is probably a good damn reason why someone who wants to take that kind of package
You are forgetting that Alt Tv price is tied to internet cost, so theoretically in one year Alt tv could cost over $100 just for basic channels and it will be up to Bell if they would want to give you some discount or not.
With Fibe tv customer is not required to to purchase internet from Bell so price of $25 starter package is guaranteed plus the cost of PVR that could be discounted by Bell or purchased by customer.
No need for additional boxes the same as Alt Tv.
Another advantage is recording and dedicated internet.

With Alt Tv if there are a lot of users in the house it may not work properly unlike Fibe tv with dedicated internet usage will not affect it’s service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 2018-05-03, 01:52 PM
Veteran

I know, but if your internet is a fixed cost already, like a lot of the new generation millenials, then it is not an issue, yeah if people have a lot of members in their household it may not be worth it, I could not disagree with you on this. I do know a lot of millennials who moved out of their parents house who do NOT have traditional TV service, a few of those millennials that I know have expressed interest in alternative tv, while others have not, the ones who have shown interest are the ones that "GET IT" that realize Netflix does not cover all the areas that traditional tv has covered such as live sports, live news, talk shows, late nite shows, etc. Some people really still enjoy watching this kind of content. while the others will live their boring live watching nuttin but movies all day long and their netflix, dont get me wrong nothings wrong with netflix but im pointing out that not everyone likes to watch movies all day long on netflix, maybe if they put up a few episodes of holmes on homes or leave it to bryan or something maybe it will be more attractive to the other half of those millenials that i know
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 05:29 PM

Bell Alt TV - Which TVs support it?

I got residential Bell Fiber internet and with it comes free Bell ALT TV (not Bell Fibe TV). I can watch it on my cellphone and ipads by downloading the app

I need to buy a new TV. Which TVs have the Bell Fibe app that I can download and use on the TV? Is there a list?

The Bell website isn't helpful

Last edited by 57; 2018-06-04 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread, title change per poster.

post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 06:02 PM
Veteran

Probably none of them have this app. Best way is to buy Apple TV player or Amazon Fire tv player.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

@dhanoad The current supported devices are the same as the Fibe TV app and are listed at https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-Alt-TV (click on "View compatible devices".) You may also be able use your computer by connecting an HDMI cable to your TV.

Also see "Offer details" at the bottom of the page:
Viewing with Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick or other compatible devices is only available within your home and Fibe Internet with unlimited usage is required. Apple TV: compatible 4th gen. or 4K box only. Amazon Fire TV Stick: compatible basic edition only. Other compatible devices: Google certified Android TV only.

The only TVs with native support are the Sony Android TVs. You can also use the NVIDIA SHIELD TV and Xiaomi Mi Boxes which run Google certified Android TV OS (not to be confused with the cheap knock-offs that run the Android mobile version.)
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 2018-11-27, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

I was looking at the Bell site for a different reason and I happened to notice that Crave is now included in Alt TV with no increase in price. ($14.99) You can also get the Crave + Movies + HBO add-on for $10 or Crave + Movies + HBO + Encore (future Starz) for $15. That makes Alt TV interesting for cord-cutters that subscribe to Fibe internet and plan to subscribe to one of the Crave packages. Here are some other new packages:

Alt TV Premium $29.95/mo.
Includes everything in Alt TV plus even more sports, news and lifestyle shows with the following 15 channels.
TSN1, TSN2, Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, CP24, CTV News Channel, CBC News Network, Bravo, Space, Comedy Network, Discovery Channel, W Network, HGTV, Food Network, Stingray

À la carte bundle - 5 individual channels of your choice for $5.00/mo.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-11-27 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added Crave + Movies + HBO
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 2019-01-03, 08:35 AM

Signed up last night for Bell Fibe + Alt TV and Crave for 1 year $64.95. Mind you in London it is FTTN, so hoping it works ok. Have been on Rogers for 3 years but can no longer justify the price of product. Moving towards the streaming side is what my family and I are leaning towards for the foreseeable future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in