STB Registration Issue - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2017-03-12, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

STB Registration Issue

Hi!

Been looking around all day for a solution to my problem, figured I'd try to see if anyone here's got anything!

Got Fibe installed yesterday. Everything was working great until I woke up this morning. When I turned on the receiver, I had no channels and had to register the receiver. Took a while to find out what number it was looking for (phone number + 4 accnt digits). So I punch those in and it tells me it's already registered on the account.

Called Bell. First person just said there's an outage in my area, wait until tomorrow and try again. Second tech was a little more helpful. Unregistered the receiver on their end so I could go through the registration process from scratch. Enter the digits, everything goes well, receiver reboots - no dice. Still asks to register the receiver. By that time, it was 12:01pm; He couldn't get a tech in because it was past 12.

They've got a tech coming in to replace my receiver tomorrow afternoon.

So I've been reading through forums all day and haven't seen any mention of this problem. Anyone else ever heard of something like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2017-03-14, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Finally got a technician in today, so I will post a summary so that others who do run into this problem have an idea of what's going on.

Two days before my install, I received a call from Bell offering their "Hollywood" package (with premium movie channels) free for two months, to which I said sure. It appears that overnight Saturday, after my install, the box programming got updated to reflect this and ended up wiping my programming completely. The technician was taken aback as he hadn't encountered this before, but the head tech on the line knew of the problem as soon as buddy explained it to him and said he'd seen it happening more frequently recently.

TL;DR: If you run into such an error, it is a programming issue. No need to have a tech called in, but customer service and lvl 1 techs won't have a clue what's going on. You need to have the issue looked into by the programming department. It's a pretty quick fix.

Cheers,

Alex

Tags
fibe , programming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in