Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Fibe TV programming packages and pricing discussion

44K views 110 replies 34 participants last post by  DSgamby 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
All our TV packages include HD channels and a huge selection of kids' shows on demand with Kids Suite.
Source: TV packages and TV programming from Bell Fibe TV
Kids Suite
A huge selection of kids’ shows, now included at no cost with our TV packages.
Kids Suite brings you thousands of episodes of your kids’ favourite shows. Enjoy unlimited on demand viewing and follow the adventures of popular characters like Dora, Diego, Franklin, Babar and much more.
Source: Kids Suite on demand from Bell TV - free preview

It's funny that the web page title says "free preview," but everything else indicates it's a permanent part of the packages.

Kids Suite used to be part of the TMN Movies package.

#5 ·
Got my latest bill from Bell.

Effective March 10 2016 CHEK-Victoria,NTV & TVA West will no longer be available on your Base TV Package?

UH come again? What that suppose to mean? Are they dropping dropping the channels or are they just being moved to another package? or part of Timeshifting or will only be available via PnP?

#6 ·
Below is a link to the full list of each area and what channels they are losing from their basic service to the time-shift ones. Being in Toronto, I'm not really upset about losing CHEX, CKWS or the other crappy, non-HD channels except for the fact I'll continue to pay the same amount for fewer and fewer channels. Though I find it weird that Oshawa for instance loses CHEX in Peterborough and OMNI in Toronto considering they are so close to both.

Removal of some out-of-region channels from TV packages

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link ticky. :smile

Although I will be losing them out of my basic package I'll still ber receiving them viamy time-shifting package. Though I wish I was getting the other locals in thatr list that I'm not getting either through my basic or time-shifting.

So if these channels are being moved to the Time-shifting package, I'm assuming there's a Channel re-alinement uin the works then? If so I hope they move all the ethnic serivces in the 2000 from the uppe 600's,700's & 800's into the 2000's

#8 ·
I watch Bar Rescue on Spike, this is a disappointment... These are the copy/paste Bell notes taken from viewing my One Bill:

Note - As of May 12, 2016, BET and Spike will no longer be available on Bell TV. TFO, currently part of French Add-on, will no longer be available on Bell TV outside of Ontario and Manitoba. Visit bell.ca/changeprogramming for options. If you wish to modify, extend, cancel or add services, please call us at 1 888 759-3474.

Note - As of May 12, 2016, Leafs TV, Nuevo Mundo, and American Hero will no longer be available in Better, Best, Sports & Variety packages as applicable. These channels will be available in Pick & Pay. Pick & Pay subscribers with the Better package will no longer be charged for NBA TV Canada, as it will be included. If you wish to modify, extend, cancel or add services, please call 1 888 759-3474.

Note - As of May 12, 2016, Al Jazeera, CCTV News, CCTV 9, Salt & Light and EWTN will no longer be available in Learning and News or Best packages but will be available in Pick & Pay. To explore our complete line-up of programming options, please visit bell.ca/changeprogramming. If you wish to modify, extend, cancel or add services, please call us at 1 888 759-3474 FREE

#19 ·
We ported over our rogers VIP service to bell Fibe service for my family on may 12, no more HBO or TMN, not paying an extra $22!, but still have LeafsTV as part of our better tv package.

Would love to get rid of all the non english channels but as they are part of the packages, don't think I can.

#9 ·
Now here's a fascinating question...

What will be the threshold for each channel to maintain carriage, be it either subscriber numbers or price, or a combination of both for Bell to keep them in a Pick & Pay paradigm.

It appears that maybe the channels mentioned above have renegotiated contracts.

Now's the time to keep an eye on your favourite channels to see if they get reallocated and have your calculator handy to do some math.

Cameron

#10 ·
It appears Bell is taking away more and more channels from the present packages turning them into P & P and not lowering the cost of the present packages, hence you want to keep those channels you've got to pay more!!!

I'll bet you by the time Dec 2016 arrives way more channels will be dropped entirely or will be removed from the present packages to P & P and if you want those same channels you'll have to pay more and even if you go to the "new packages" you'll still have to pay more?

#13 ·
New On Demand Features

There new ON Demand features coming to mFibe TV

Demand features?
4/18/2016 5:07 PM
Bell

View in browser

Bell

On Demand just got better.

Incredible new features are arriving to enhance your On Demand experience, and they’ll soon be available for you to enjoy.

Find what you want, faster.
On Demand will feature more intuitive navigation that will let you find what you want to watch, faster than ever. Plus, find great new releases and suggestions right on the home screen.

Pick up where you left off.
Resume play of a movie or show with the convenient “continue enjoying” feature you will find on the home screen.

Watch what comes next.
The “continue enjoying” feature also allows you to find the next episode in a TV series with just one click.

See what’s hot.
View popular movies and shows based on other users’ top picks in the past week.

Discover great content.
Whether you’re looking for a show or movie from a specific genre, it will be easy to find something great to watch with our popular categories.

Please note, if you do not already have access to the new On Demand features on your TV, they will all be available in the coming weeks.

Give it a try.
Press the on demand button on your remote, or go to channel 1000, then use the arrow buttons to navigate the available features. It’s that easy.

Privacy | Visit bell.ca | Find a store
Manage your communication preferences.

Corporate Secretary’s Office of Bell Canada,
Bell Satellite TV (Bell ExpressVu), Bell Mobility, Bell Media and Bell Aliant.
1 carrefour Alexander-Graham-Bell, Building A-7, Verdun, Québec, H3E 3B3

Copyright © 2016. Bell Canada. All Rights Reserved.

Fibe is a trademark of Bell Canada.

#18 ·
i was told yesterday that NBA wasn't being added to the Better package, but Pick and Pay subscribers that subscribe to Better would get it at no charge.
It makes no sense to me and the online chat rep was rude.
Not sure whats going on with this change but I would love NBA TV included in my package.

#23 ·
Bell TV is not the same thing as Fibe TV. There was absolutely no reference to them ever being removed from Fibe TV. That's why Fibe TV subscribers still have those channels. Unless you're saying Bell TV subscribers also still have those channels, which I agree would be odd. But regardless, I think it is important that the distinction between Fibe TV and Bell TV be emphasized, as they are not the same thing.

The best guess I have as to why Fibe TV subscribers received (and still receive) notices about Bell TV is because they share a billing platform.

#25 ·
Your March bill never said it was being removed from Fibe TV ;) I agree that it was kind of stupid for Bell to send out Bell TV-specific notices to Fibe TV customers. But beyond that, the distinction between Bell TV - their satellite service - and Fibe TV - their IPTV service - should be pretty straightforward, and something I would imagine the kind of savvy posters who participate in groups like this should know.

#26 · (Edited)
"New" Starter + 10 a la carte for $20 add on

Bell has revised the Starter package in Ontario: Now includes US Networks with Additional 10 al la carte channels for $20 (was $37). TSN & Sportsnet are in the Sports pack for $25 (or $15 each on their own). Much more consumer friendly and in the spirt of the CRTC's Let's Talk TV. The threat of losing their licence at renewal must have worked. :wink. CRTC says cable companies not offering fair $25 basic TV deals risk licence renewal - Business - CBC News

#29 ·
Channel packages and 4ktv Bell

I am currently with Rogers and considering a move to Bell. I'm a senior so not always well informed on the technology.
I have a quote from bell for a tv bundle called Good. They are offering a 4k box and I am thinking of buying a 4k tv.
NOW, in reviewing the channel list, none of them appear to show 4K, so wondering, would this package only give me HD reception, so acquiring 4k is of no value for this package. They have encouraged me to go 4k, is that so they can lead me later to upgrade channels. I am trying to save money where I can.
Any thoughts appreciated.

#30 ·