Fibe TV programming packages and pricing discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 2015-12-31, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Fibe TV programming packages and pricing discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss packages and pricing for Fibe TV. Here's the link to the previous thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...iscussion.html

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-01-16, 01:13 PM
Veteran

Question Kid's Suit On Demand?

Has anyone else gotten an e-mail stating that Kid's Suite On Demand has been added to their channel subscription free of charge complainants of Bell?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-01-16 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-01-16, 02:18 PM

Quote:
All our TV packages include HD channels and a huge selection of kids' shows on demand with Kids Suite.
Source: TV packages and TV programming from Bell Fibe TV
Quote:
Kids Suite
A huge selection of kids’ shows, now included at no cost with our TV packages.
Kids Suite brings you thousands of episodes of your kids’ favourite shows. Enjoy unlimited on demand viewing and follow the adventures of popular characters like Dora, Diego, Franklin, Babar and much more.
Source: Kids Suite on demand from Bell TV - free preview

It's funny that the web page title says "free preview," but everything else indicates it's a permanent part of the packages.

Kids Suite used to be part of the TMN Movies package.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-01-16 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Added quotes

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-01-16, 07:05 PM
Veteran

Question

I can't comment on other providers but with Bell(fibe) Kids Suite was $3 extra if you wanted it. I guess not enough people where buying it so they just included it your TV package. AFAIK it appears to be included in the Best Package now?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-01-28, 03:24 PM
Veteran

Got my latest bill from Bell.

Effective March 10 2016 CHEK-Victoria,NTV & TVA West will no longer be available on your Base TV Package?

UH come again? What that suppose to mean? Are they dropping dropping the channels or are they just being moved to another package? or part of Timeshifting or will only be available via PnP?

post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-01-31, 10:06 PM

Below is a link to the full list of each area and what channels they are losing from their basic service to the time-shift ones. Being in Toronto, I'm not really upset about losing CHEX, CKWS or the other crappy, non-HD channels except for the fact I'll continue to pay the same amount for fewer and fewer channels. Though I find it weird that Oshawa for instance loses CHEX in Peterborough and OMNI in Toronto considering they are so close to both.

Removal of some out-of-region channels from TV packages
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-02-01, 10:29 AM
Veteran

Smile

Thanks for the link ticky.

Although I will be losing them out of my basic package I'll still ber receiving them viamy time-shifting package. Though I wish I was getting the other locals in thatr list that I'm not getting either through my basic or time-shifting.

So if these channels are being moved to the Time-shifting package, I'm assuming there's a Channel re-alinement uin the works then? If so I hope they move all the ethnic serivces in the 2000 from the uppe 600's,700's & 800's into the 2000's

Last edited by MCIBUS; 2016-02-01 at 03:31 PM.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-03-25, 09:09 AM

I watch Bar Rescue on Spike, this is a disappointment... These are the copy/paste Bell notes taken from viewing my One Bill:

Note - As of May 12, 2016, BET and Spike will no longer be available on Bell TV. TFO, currently part of French Add-on, will no longer be available on Bell TV outside of Ontario and Manitoba. Visit bell.ca/changeprogramming for options. If you wish to modify, extend, cancel or add services, please call us at 1 888 759-3474.

Note - As of May 12, 2016, Leafs TV, Nuevo Mundo, and American Hero will no longer be available in Better, Best, Sports & Variety packages as applicable. These channels will be available in Pick & Pay. Pick & Pay subscribers with the Better package will no longer be charged for NBA TV Canada, as it will be included. If you wish to modify, extend, cancel or add services, please call 1 888 759-3474.

Note - As of May 12, 2016, Al Jazeera, CCTV News, CCTV 9, Salt & Light and EWTN will no longer be available in Learning and News or Best packages but will be available in Pick & Pay. To explore our complete line-up of programming options, please visit bell.ca/changeprogramming. If you wish to modify, extend, cancel or add services, please call us at 1 888 759-3474 FREE
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-03-25, 09:21 AM
Veteran

Now here's a fascinating question...

What will be the threshold for each channel to maintain carriage, be it either subscriber numbers or price, or a combination of both for Bell to keep them in a Pick & Pay paradigm.

It appears that maybe the channels mentioned above have renegotiated contracts.

Now's the time to keep an eye on your favourite channels to see if they get reallocated and have your calculator handy to do some math.

Cameron

DAB listener 12/2003-11/2011 (DAB Off-Air since 11/2011)
HD radio Listener since 06/2010
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-03-25, 09:34 AM
Veteran

It appears Bell is taking away more and more channels from the present packages turning them into P & P and not lowering the cost of the present packages, hence you want to keep those channels you've got to pay more!!!

I'll bet you by the time Dec 2016 arrives way more channels will be dropped entirely or will be removed from the present packages to P & P and if you want those same channels you'll have to pay more and even if you go to the "new packages" you'll still have to pay more?

post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-03-25, 10:40 AM
Veteran

The channels mentioned above all have very low viewership, so who really cares. Bell knows the stats, and this is why they are doing it. This is just a cheap trick for Bell to make more money from the packages.
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-04-08, 09:02 AM
Veteran

This month you can get Fibe tv good package with 25/10 unlimited internet for $98. The offer is good for 2 years.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-04-19, 05:20 PM
Veteran

Question New On Demand Features

There new ON Demand features coming to mFibe TV

Demand features?
4/18/2016 5:07 PM
Bell

View in browser

Bell

On Demand just got better.

Incredible new features are arriving to enhance your On Demand experience, and they’ll soon be available for you to enjoy.

Find what you want, faster.
On Demand will feature more intuitive navigation that will let you find what you want to watch, faster than ever. Plus, find great new releases and suggestions right on the home screen.

Pick up where you left off.
Resume play of a movie or show with the convenient “continue enjoying” feature you will find on the home screen.

Watch what comes next.
The “continue enjoying” feature also allows you to find the next episode in a TV series with just one click.

See what’s hot.
View popular movies and shows based on other users’ top picks in the past week.

Discover great content.
Whether you’re looking for a show or movie from a specific genre, it will be easy to find something great to watch with our popular categories.

Please note, if you do not already have access to the new On Demand features on your TV, they will all be available in the coming weeks.

Give it a try.
Press the on demand button on your remote, or go to channel 1000, then use the arrow buttons to navigate the available features. It’s that easy.

Privacy | Visit bell.ca | Find a store
Manage your communication preferences.

Corporate Secretary’s Office of Bell Canada,
Bell Satellite TV (Bell ExpressVu), Bell Mobility, Bell Media and Bell Aliant.
1 carrefour Alexander-Graham-Bell, Building A-7, Verdun, Québec, H3E 3B3

Copyright © 2016. Bell Canada. All Rights Reserved.

Fibe is a trademark of Bell Canada.

post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-04-25, 06:50 AM
Veteran

Just got the email from Bell. There will be another $2.50 price increase for unlimited internet and for some tv channels.
New prices will be in effect as of June 1st.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 2016-04-29, 07:53 PM

Same here and to compensate I cancelled the Movie Network.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in