Fibe TV programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-04-25, 06:15 PM
Veteran

@synmag
To view pick and pay channels you go to your bell account then go to change my channel selection then additional channels then a la carte. In the window you will see all the channels available for pick and pay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-05-10, 10:21 AM

Quote:
And DO follow up with Bell's Loyalty dept when your discounts start expiring - you should be able to renew them or get a new deal.
And so I did yesterday (nice chat with the Loyalty guy in BC) and did not do well:
* Lost the expiring $21 24-month discount on TV
* Gained a $15 discount ($10 for 12 months TV and $5 lifetime on phone)
My bargaining skills are diminishing!

Former Rogers VIP, now Bell Fibe, Sony KDL40W3000, BDPS350, Philips Streamium NP2500 (2). DS209 NAS, Playbook
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 10:48 AM

I've had FIBE Internet since inception in my neighborhood since 2013.

I've always had the 15 Mbps download speed with present day usage of 80 Gig.

Some time ago, Bell dropped the 15 Mbps option, and now on their web site they only offer 25 Mbps and 50 Mbps in my area. The 25 Mbps option shows usage limit of 350 Gig.

Bell has continued to keep me on the 15 Mbps/80 Gig option even though they don't offer it any more, and they continue to charge me $74.95 - the same price as the 25 Mbps/350 Gig option.

Seems a bit shameful on their part.

I talked to them on the phone and asked for an explanation and they said they no longer offer the 25 Mbps/350 Gig option, as it is now 25 Mbps/unlimited usage. And I could have that option for only $5 more. I indicated that their web site doesn't show the 25 Mbps/unlimited usage, rather it shows 25 Mbps/350 Gig option that I have been paying for and not getting.

They were only willing to move me to 25 Mbps/unlimited usage and that would be $5 more.

I am pleased to own Bell stock, because they sure know how to make money.

elyk

post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 11:08 AM
Veteran

You should be able to negotiate better price with Bell for higher speed and unlimited downloads.
Or just switch to Virgin Mobile and pay $60 for 50Mbps unlimited downloads.
post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 11:51 AM

Yeah, I'll probably phone them and try again to make a better deal than I have. It's frustrating to phone them as I never seem to get anywhere. I'll wait until I muster up the courage to tackle it again.

When I was younger I would switch around a bit, but it's always a bigger hassle than the reward unfortunately. I would lose my bundle discounts and my PVR discount, etc, so for the hassle it wouldn't really be worth it for me to switch.
post #51 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 09:52 PM
Veteran

Just tell them that you want to cancel and switch to Rogers because your bill is to high. They will transfer you to loyalty department and loyalty would probably offer you a better deal.
I hate calling Bell as well that is why I am not their customer any more but I might take advantage of their offers for new customers again in a few months.
post #52 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-11-29, 04:52 PM
Veteran

More changes to Fibe TV Packages:

Note - As of January 11, 2018, IFC will no longer be in Movies & More and Best. Fashion TV will no longer be in Variety and Best. Both will only be available À la carte. Cosmopolitan will be added to Variety. If you have it through Custom Pack, we will replace it and you can change it anytime. For questions or if you wish to add, modify, cancel or extend your services, call 1 866 310-BELL.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #53 of 68 (permalink) Old 2017-11-29, 04:58 PM

When will love nature 4k and stingray ambiance 4k be availabke with bell Fibe? Other providers are offering these channels
post #54 of 68 (permalink) Old 2018-01-24, 05:46 PM
Veteran

Does anybody know if there are any price increases coming for Bell services in the coming months.
post #55 of 68 (permalink) Old 2018-01-26, 06:20 PM
Veteran

Found the answer. In April Internet is going up by $5 and home phone by $2

https://www.bell.ca/servicerates
post #56 of 68 (permalink) Old 2018-01-27, 11:52 PM

Didn't internet just go up a few months ago or was that tv?
post #57 of 68 (permalink) Old 2018-01-28, 12:24 AM
Veteran

post #58 of 68 (permalink) Old 2018-05-14, 02:35 AM

Tricky changes to package possible?

A friend has two existing Fibe accounts at different addresses (same building), let's call them "A" and "B". "A" is TV+Internet+Phone, "B" is TV+Internet.

They want to move the "B" service (which has a better promotional offer) to address "A", and cancel the existing service at "A". There will be no service at "B".

Bell agents say it's possible to move the account from address "B" to address "A", cancel service "A", and keep the promotion on service "B". But the phone service might disappear (and lose the number).

If we port out the phone number from service "A" (e.g. to voip.ms), would the TV+Internet continue to work? If that would work, is there a way to keep some sort of real Bell phone service, e.g. by adding a line?

Sorry if this isn't clear, I've tried to distill it down to the essentials.

Thanks!
=aw
post #59 of 68 (permalink) Old 2018-09-14, 08:38 PM

No more Bell Loyalty pricing promotion discounts?

I have Bell Fibe TV, Gigabit Internet and Home Phone and my promotions have all expired in the spring of this year.

I have not been able to get any discount since.

Every agent is now "loyalty trained" and there is not retentions department or any discount to be had at least for me anyway.

I must say that with the current monthly bills from Bell are not sustainable for a retiree such as I am and make Hydro bills look like a bargain.

I can cancel the Bell TV but would miss the home phone and even more if it was POTS and I can reduce the Internet speed or switch providers. Of course I can go to Rogers for two years and then the promotion to Bell would open up again.

The agents are arrogant and even rude and blatantly say we can cancel your services and that I should check the MY BELL ACCOUNT for promotions and if I do not see any then there are none.

Has anyone been able to get a loyalty/promotion discount for their Bell services recently?

Last edited by 57; 2018-09-14 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Moved to Existing Thread
post #60 of 68 (permalink) Old 2018-09-14, 09:58 PM
Veteran

Yes, it is still possible. You can cancel the service giving Bell 2 weeks notice and someone will call you back.
You can also check redflag deals forum where there is a lot of talk on this subject.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in