Fibe TV 4K discussion - Page 34 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #496 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 09:55 AM
Rookie

Is anyone using a Bell 4K DVR with the 2.2 HDMI input on their receiver? I have two different Yamaha's, the 870 and the 3070 and can't get it to work on either when connected to the 2.2 hdmi. On the 870, if I connect to the hdmi 2.0, it works, but as soon as I connect to the 2.2, all I get is sound but no picture. On the 3070 I don't get sound or picture. Unfortunately, the 3070 has all 2.2 hdmi's, so I can't just use one of the 2.0 hdmi's like I do with the 870. I've tried connecting Bell's non 4K PVR to each and have had no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #497 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 12:04 PM

I have a RX-A2060 and Fibe 4k and XBox S. I have had to reboot the Yamaha a few times when it booted up blurry (wrong resolution, handshaking?) and the only way to fix is a plug pull. This happens more often with the XBox though... Perhaps three or four times over a matter of months it came up no video at all, also plug pull.
Otherwise I find it ok. I purchased the Yammy with hope of using the bluetooth audio out which works fine if only using BT but there is too much lag when using it in conjunction to audible audio...
Otherwise I am pleased with this purchased and kind of astonished I went Yamaha for the first time after being a Pioneer Elite fan for years.
Of course you have tried different cables? Perhaps firmware update on the receiver? Mine worked out of the box but there has been an update since I purchased mine. What model of TV? Perhaps the tv needs a firmware update? I have read in the past with problems with Samsung TV's. Fortunately I have a Sony. Good luck.
post #498 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 12:40 PM
Rookie

I am using a 2017 LG OLED 65C7. All equipment has the latest firmware. If I unplug/replug the Bell 4K unit, I'll get a brief picture while the Bell unit boots up (5 seconds or so), but then there is nothing. My TV tells me there is no signal being received. If I unplug the Yamaha, I get the same. Very frustrating, but thanks.

Last edited by 57; 2017-08-12 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed.

post #499 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 01:47 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Does it work all the time if you go directly from the Bell to LG? Have you tried a different input on the LG? Are there specific input(s) on the LG for 4K?

During the initial booting, the signal must be lower than 4K and as soon as the "Handshake" starts after you replug the Bell or AVR it must go to 4K...

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #500 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-08-13, 04:35 PM
Rookie

Ok, one issue is I had a bad 4K bell box so I now have a new one. However, I still can't run hdmi from the Bell box to the 2.2 hdmi connections on my Yamaha 3070 receiver; I have to use the front 2.0 hdmi on the Yamaha. Works fine this way. Also, if I plug the Bell box directly into the TV's 2.2 HDMI's, it works fine. So, it appears to be a compatibility issue between my Yamaha's 2.2 connections and the Bells 2.2 hdmi output.

Last edited by 57; 2017-08-13 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed.
post #501 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-08-25, 03:02 PM

RJ45 Speed indicator on 4K receiver

Hi all,

I would like to know what colors are your Ethernet ports status LEDs, if you have a 4K receiver hard wired to your home Hub (Mine is a 3000). These are the status LED's on the rear of the device above the RJ45 jack itself, not on the front.

I have two receivers, one is 4K and one is not. After the umpteenth time of going to watch a show that has already been started, only to find that the Fibe receivers were not wirelessly connected to the hub, even though they are feet apart; I decided to hard wire both of them.

Both cables check out fine. I verified them using my AppleTV network test. They both come up flashing green when connected up between the Apple TV and the Home Hub 3000.

When I connect the non 4K receiver to the Home Hub 3000, the status LED's o bother the Home Hub 3000 and the receiver is flashing green. Indicating activity and connection of 100Mbps.

When I connect the 4K receiver to the Home Hub 3000, both flash amber, with intermittent flashes of green. The green indicator is probably every 4 of The amber indicator, so you get a sense of the period.

The scenario is true for both cables. The amber indicator only occurs when connected to the 4K. Usually amber represents only 10Mbps.

I was hoping that others can tell me what their status LEDs are showing?

As a secondary question, going to http://Home, both receivers show up under the Satellite bubble (not the Ethernet bubble). Looking at the Advanced tab of the My Devices bubble for Fibe TV, they both say Fibe TV WiFi Network, which in itself is odd. The MAC address also never changes, which you would think would as Wifi and hard wired usually have two different Ethernet devices and two different MAC addresses. If yours is hard wired and says something else, I would appreciate to know what yours says as I have no other way to compare with what it should be.

I did try recording 6 shows and that worked fine, but I still have concerns, because as you know things don't go wrong until you go to wat h a TV show after it was supposed to be recording.

Thanks,
John

P.S. Talking to Bell was, you have Picture?, I can't do anything for you.
post #502 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-09-21, 08:23 AM
Rookie

I am unable to get my harmony 880 to control my4k receiver that uses the Bluetooth remote. I have tried the procedure in post 422 but I cannot get the receiver to automatically connect to the blue tooth remote when it powers back on. Is there a procedure to put the receiver in IR mode. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
post #503 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-09-21, 09:59 AM

@TEXMEX See this thread for more tips on resetting your 4K receiver to work with IR:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...e-control.html

Make sure you are using the correct code for your Harmony configuration. Harmony has an online comparability checker here:
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility

They accept BELL FibeTV as the manufacturer (the actual manufacturer is Arris) and VIP5662 or VIP5662W as the model number and it says all Harmony remotes are compatible.

If you try to configure the Harmony remote with Arris as the manufacturer, I think it uses different codes that don't work with Fibe TV.
post #504 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-09-21, 10:26 AM
Rookie

Thanks @Dr.Dave . I will try again tonight using bell and the manufacturer. hopefully it works then
post #505 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-09-25, 11:20 AM
dgm

my year old fibe TV 4k PVR box runs quite hot. Stutters frequently ( every 5 min for 5 seconds) when the room temp reaches 30c. Failed completely (automatic reboot) last evening. I put a small fan on it as the room temp matched the outside 29 C. Stutter frequency decreased.

Anyone else any experience with this?
post #506 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-10-20, 08:30 PM
Rookie

Caught some of the Raptors game in 4K the other day. Looked very, very good. Nice and crisp, better than I remember it being a few months back. It appears they got rid of the blur filter on 4K channels. However it's still on SD channels.
post #507 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-10-30, 01:23 PM
Rookie

Question YouTube on Bell Fibe 4K PVR?

Bell was supposed to add an integrated YouTube app on the 4K PVR in August https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/03/b...be-app-4k-pvr/. Telus has recently introduced this for Optik TV https://www.telus.com/en/bc/deals/home/youtube
Anyone know why Bell's rollout has been delayed?

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-10-30 at 02:00 PM. Reason: moved to existing thread
post #508 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-10-30, 02:43 PM

We have it in NB. It was in the guide for a few weeks before it actually worked, then a week later, it was an app.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #509 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-11-05, 12:09 PM

Had an update to the 4K pvr the other day. It knocked my sound option back to stereo from surround. Just a heads up...
post #510 of 557 (permalink) Old 2017-11-25, 11:56 AM

Just bought our first 4K TV and came on to see if it's worth changing to Fibe 4K (from regular Fibe) and it looks like it really isn't right now. Also appreciate the tip to output 720p and let the new TV handle upconverting itself.

Tags
4k link light wifi , 4k tv , app , bell , bell canada , fibe tv , pvr , youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in