Fibe TV 4K discussion - Page 29 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #421 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-11-19, 11:17 AM

@stevewireguy "pairing" involves connecting 2 Bluetooth devices. I looked up the PRO Control -- Pro24.r (v2) and it's not a Bluetooth remote, so you will have to follow the instructions for a universal remote. It looks like your remote can only be programmed by the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-11-19, 11:18 AM

Using a learning universal remote with your 4K Whole Home PVR

1. Revert the Bluetooth Slim remote to IR mode. To do so, you will need to power off the 4K Whole Home PVR by unplugging the power cord.

To be compatible, third party universal remotes require command learning and/or direct code entry such as those from URC and One For All. Bell universal remotes such as the NOVA and MxV3 are not compatible with the 4K Whole Home PVR.

2. Using the universal remote and the instructions provided with it, program the remote to work with your 4K Whole Home PVR.

Ensure you PRESS and HOLD the buttons on the Bell Slim Bluetooth remote while teaching the commands to your universal remote.

3. Power on your 4K Whole Home PVR by inserting the power cord and ensure your TV is powered on.

4. Both the Bluetooth Slim remote and the universal remote can be used to operate the 4K Whole Home PVR.

Source: Using a learning universal remote with your 4K Whole Home PVR

Notes: This procedure should also work for Harmony remotes. You only need step 2 if your remote doesn't have a code for Arris VIP5662W.

EDIT: Other useful links:
How to pair your Bluetooth Slim remote with your 4K Whole Home PVR

Bluetooth Slim Remote: Complete List of How-tos and Tutorials from Bell

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-11-19 at 11:49 AM.
post #423 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-11-22, 09:38 AM
Rookie

Hi Chezbruce
Sorry for the late reply. After a week of trying everything under the sun including calling Sharp tech support, we returned the unit back to Costco. After some research we decided on Samsung UN75JU7100FXZC and purchased it 3 weeks ago. Could not be happier.

Cheers
Dr.Dave likes this.

post #424 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-16, 11:22 AM
Rookie

Fibe 4K PVR & Univerisal Remote

Hi everybody, I have a Sony 4K TV, Sony 4K AV Receiver and want to get a Logitech Harmony universal remote control to control all 3. Bell are telling me the 4K PVR will not work with anything but the Bell Bluetooth Remote. Anybody had any luck with a universal remote working with the 4K PVR.

Thanks
post #425 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-18, 07:21 AM

My Harmony One runs the 4K pvr just fine.
post #426 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-18, 02:49 PM
Rookie

Great thanks for letting me know.
post #427 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-24, 08:31 AM
Rookie

So I have had Bell Fibe 4k PVR since July and never have been satisfied with the picture quality for regular HD broadcasts. So last night I decided to connect my regular HD Box from my bedroom to the TV with the 4K box and the quality seems much better? I called Bell and they said that they could not find any issues and it may just be the upscaling from the 4K that softens the picture.

ANyone else have any experience with this? I am debating just downgrading the the regular HD PVR since there arent many 4k channels anyways at the moment.
post #428 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-24, 09:57 AM

Have you tried setting your 4K PVR to 1080p?
post #429 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-24, 10:12 AM
Rookie

Yes... still looks soft and see a lot of colour banding. The regular HD receiver I have looks noticeably better.
post #430 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-24, 02:13 PM
Rookie

Does anyone know if the Bluetooth can be disabled on the 4K PVR. I cannot get a universal remote to work with the pvr. I can get it to everything except the volume up and down. Bell are no help.
post #431 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-01-24, 04:37 PM

If the universal remote is able to control the Fibe TV menu and guide, then it is working as it should. You probably need to configure the remote to control the TV volume.
post #432 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-02-07, 04:52 PM
Rookie

wireless 4k working?

Hi everybody, i had an install of Bell Fibe 4k PVR, with Gigabit internet and home phone.

the tech had trouble installing the 4k PVR and said wireless wasn't currently supported. He could not run a ethernet line to the 4k box, but eventually got it working with a powerline ethernet. Everything worked fine for about a month and then after a power failure, I lost all services (internet, phone, TV).

I had another tech come in and he switched out my Home Hub 3000, which seemed to be the problem. However, he could not get the 4k working with the power line. It seemed the HH3000 would continuously reboot when connected to the powerline. He mentioned that using power line isn't recommended as it hasn't been the most stable. In the end, he had to downgrade me from 4k to HD.

I'm somewhat disappointed as I had switched from rogers to bell, and I had no problems with Rogers 4k. I see some of you seem to have the wireless 4k working with Bell. Should I be able to get this working?
post #433 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-02-07, 05:54 PM

I was surprised on my install to find they installed the 4k receiver via wireless.
I already had 1 wireless receiver but they insisted on switching out the VAP for some reason. I didn't upgrade the modem however and still have the original Sagemcom 2864 so perhaps that is the problem? I still have landline for phone...
post #434 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-02-07, 05:58 PM
Rookie

so then it seems to be a problem with wireless 4k and the HH3000 perhaps
post #435 of 559 (permalink) Old 2017-02-15, 09:48 PM

I have my 4K receiver connected wirelessly to the 2000 modem via VAP. Bell continuously told me this could only be done with the 3000 modem, but the tech could not install the 300 modem last month as it was on technical issue hold so he made it happen with the 2000 modem.

Tags
4k link light wifi , 4k tv , app , bell , bell canada , fibe tv , pvr , youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in