Fibe TV 4K discussion - Page 28 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #406 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-09-23, 07:29 PM

How are you connected to the 4K pvr - direct connection or the white wall plugs? I have been using the white wall plugs and they were notorious for same issues that you are having and then there was a Bell update and it was fixed. I have a Samsung tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #407 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-09-23, 07:38 PM

@Russkii
3) Does it make a difference if you turn on the PVR or the TV first? Also make sure that CEC is disabled in the TV Menu (Settings/System/HDMI.)
4) I've seen situations where a manufacturer gave access to newer firmware than was available on the web site.
5) Both TVs are on Bell's compatible list see post 393.
post #408 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-09-23, 07:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtvfanatic View Post
How are you connected to the 4K pvr - direct connection or the white wall plugs? I have been using the white wall plugs and they were notorious for same issues that you are having and then there was a Bell update and it was fixed. I have a Samsung tv.
Hi Newtvfanatic. I assume your question is for me. I am not sure what white wall plugs are, but since I've subscribed to Fibe TV I have a phone cord plugged directly into the wall phone going into the modem's telephone jack, coax cable from the wall connected to the modem's coax connector and then a network cable going from the modem into the 4K receiver. During their second visit to test if the receiver was the culprit Bell tested the line from outside going into the house and everything checked out just fine. Any other resolution on $K receiver except [email protected] works perfectly and the TV recognizes them without a problem. I spoke to Sharp support and they are as puzzled as I am. Their only suggestion was to do a reset to factory on the TV and plug the unit directly into a wall outlet instead of a power bar. I did the factory reset which did not help and the other suggestion just does not make much sense to me. They said if rest did not work to just return the TV back to Costco for exchange or refund. It will be going back next week. In the mean time I will decide to either go with LG 75UH8500 or Sony XBR75X850C.

Thank you

post #409 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-09-23, 07:58 PM
Rookie

Thank you Dr. Dave. Tried to power the devices in both directions. No difference. Disabled the setting you mentioned, asked Sharp if newer firmware was available during the call to their support line. Will check the post you suggested regarding compatibility.
post #410 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-01, 08:34 PM

Just got my installation done. I thought the 4K PVR was supposed to have native wireless capability? Bell's support article indicates it should be, but the tech setup a VAP and connected it with an ethernet cable to the PVR.

signatures are stupid
post #411 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-02, 11:20 AM

Well, tried powering off the VAP and the PVR couldn't connect - contrary to Bell's support page.

Works fine with the VAP, and all is well again.

signatures are stupid
post #412 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-02, 12:35 PM

@thegrommit I would leave it as is - Bell obviously configured it that way for a reason.

Out of curiosity, did you get the Home Hub 2000 or 3000 and is there a VAP attached to it? Are your other STBs wireless?
post #413 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-02, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
@thegrommit I would leave it as is - Bell obviously configured it that way for a reason.

Out of curiosity, did you get the Home Hub 2000 or 3000 and is there a VAP attached to it? Are your other STBs wireless?
Home Hub 3000. The only VAP is attached to the 4K PVR. No other STB's.

Amusingly, the tech tried to convince me the HD PVR had better IQ, and used some (overly compressed) movie trailer channel to demonstrate this.

signatures are stupid
post #414 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-03, 12:34 PM

@thegrommit I heard somewhere that they found some issues with the wireless on the 4K PVR, but I wasn't sure if that was actually true. I guess that's the reason they installed your PVR that way.
post #415 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-05, 02:29 PM
Rookie

VAP

Hi, what do you mean by VAP, i have wireless for my 4k PVR. Dr Dave, what is the issues with the wireless ?

Best regard !
post #416 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-05, 02:59 PM

VAP = Virtual Access Point. Basically, it converts a hard-wired Ethernet connection to a Wi-Fi signal. Here is the announcement of wireless STBs. The last 2 photos in that post are the VAP2500.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...ml#post1620330

I don't know what the issues were with the 4K PVR built-in wireless, but if you aren't having problems with your signal, then you should be OK.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-10-05 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added more info
post #417 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-05, 03:59 PM
Rookie

Hi Dr.Dave,

this VIP you mean, my mistake (sorry english it's note my first language). I have the VIP5662 and hub 3000. Only wireless issues is when i watch tv and download big things by wi-fi on my laptops or PS4. Somes glitches on 4k signals on Sportsnet(4k) or TSN(4K). I know that we can put a electric ethernet extender to bypass, the wireless signal from, the hub3000 to the VIP5662.

One of the problem is when a start the VIP5662. Every 2 or 3 days i need to reset the image size on the VIP5662 to put it at 4k (60fps). That config doesn't want to stay on the VIP5662.

Any hints ?

I have a 4k TV Samsung UN65JS8500

Thank's
post #418 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-07, 05:59 PM
Rookie

H Russkii, I purchased the same Sharp LC-75N8000U 75 inch tv you did. Have the exact same issues. I must alternate between HDMI ports #3 and #4 every tome I power on the tv. Love the tv and don't wish to return it. Have you resolved this issue? Thanks
post #419 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-10-20, 02:59 PM

It looks like Bell will begin charging $10/month for the TSN and Sportsnet 4K channel group if you have the "Good" TV package and they will be included with Better and Best.

Source: TV packages and TV programming from Bell Fibe TV

I also saw that the 4K Whole Home PVR will be included for new customers with an eligible 3-service bundle that includes Better or Best in the form of a $20 monthly rental fee and a $20 credit.
post #420 of 564 (permalink) Old 2016-11-16, 06:23 PM
Rookie

4k Remote

Is there a way to get my Pro Control PRO24.R universal remote paired with the Fibe 4K blue tooth remote. The pesron that installed my TV is having problems.

Thanks

Tags
4k link light wifi , 4k tv , app , bell , bell canada , fibe tv , pvr , youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in