Fibe TV 4K discussion - Page 25 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #361 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-06-17, 11:44 AM

@Samsung4k I saw this post in another thread, so it might be on 1390 if it's not on the regular 4K channel. I don't think Bell have dedicated 4k channels for each HD channel at this time. The amount of 4K programming is so small, they just put it on the 4K channel, regardless of which HD channel it is broadcast on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIBUS View Post
Channel 1390 4K TV has appeared. It says test channel. Also it say call to subscribe. don't have a 4K receiver so not sure what this channel is showing presently. It also says tuner in Sunday June 19 to watch the Music Hearts Awards or something like that from Much Music.

So it appears at least for Bell Fibe there going to have there 4k channels between 1390-1399 as there a few spots open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-06-17, 01:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
@Samsung4k I saw this post in another thread, so it might be on 1390 if it's not on the regular 4K channel. I don't think Bell have dedicated 4k channels for each HD channel at this time. The amount of 4K programming is so small, they just put it on the 4K channel, regardless of which HD channel it is broadcast on.
I found it, it will be on channel 1390. Interestingly, I cannot schedule the iPhone app TV Fibe to record it, but I can record the non 4k version.
post #363 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-06-17, 03:34 PM

I'm not getting 1390 here. On better package with 4K...

post #364 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-06-17, 03:58 PM

I would say 1390, as it is a new 4k addition. BellAliant just added the same channel as 598, and that is where the MMVAs are being shown.
post #365 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-06-19, 08:54 PM

Still says subscribe now to watch this channel.
post #366 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-06-20, 11:44 AM
Rookie

Wasn't able to tune in to channel 1390 on my tv.
post #367 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-06-20, 08:37 PM
Rookie

1390 showed up on my box today. It just says SIGN OFF and is looping ads for different shows/channels.
post #368 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-07-13, 02:04 PM
Rookie

Fibe 4k DVR/receiver and Netflix

We have two HD receivers on two TV's. The ordinary receiver plays Netflix without a problem, the Netflix channel on the 4k receiver streams a message which says " Netflix streaming on this receiver model is coming soon". Conversations with Bell Fibe techs say that new software has to be written to handle the 4k receiver but they don't know when it will be ready.

Anyone else see this problem?
post #369 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-07-14, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbearman View Post
We have two HD receivers on two TV's. The ordinary receiver plays Netflix without a problem, the Netflix channel on the 4k receiver streams a message which says " Netflix streaming on this receiver model is coming soon". Conversations with Bell Fibe techs say that new software has to be written to handle the 4k receiver but they don't know when it will be ready.

Anyone else see this problem?
Yes same here, they are probably still developing the app

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
post #370 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-07-14, 01:31 PM

Telus also uses the same hardware for 4K and here is what they announced.
Quote:
Currently, the Netflix app is not enabled on the new 4K PVR. It will become available for use in the fall.
It will probably depend on how much internal testing each provider does after Netflix finishes writing the 4K app, but you can use that as a guideline.
post #371 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-07-18, 10:10 PM
Rookie

Same message on my 4K VIP 5662W receiver,but i use the TV's Netflix app built in to watch shows in 4K
post #372 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-07-30, 03:00 PM
Rookie

Just got 4K from my bell. My TV is the latest Samsung SUHD. When watching blue jay games, everything seems to have a pinky hue to it. Players faces are redder than they should be and do not look natural. Other programs seems to be fine. It's just the Bell 4K channels. Any thoughts?
post #373 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-08-07, 01:13 PM

Wireless 4K PVR

Bell announced in their Q2 earnings press release that they will be introducing a wireless 4K PVR this month that will complement the existing wireless STBs.
Quote:
Fibe innovation: wireless 4K PVR, powerful new Home Hub
Delivering TV and Internet features available from no one else has been key to Bell's growing leadership in the residential marketplace. This month, Bell will deliver 2 new products that sharpen our broadband innovation edge further still. Bell will be the first TV provider in the world to offer a completely wireless IPTV installation with the wireless 4K PVR for Fibe TV. With the flexibility to locate Fibe TV anywhere in your home with minimal install time, the Fibe 4K PVR will also be the first in Canada to integrate the 4K Netflix app. Also available this month is the Home Hub 3000 modem, featuring a throughput capability of 1 gigabit per second and 3 times the power of the current Home Hub model, providing the fastest and broadest home Wi-Fi coverage available.
I'm not sure if you need the Home Hub 3000 to provide the Wi-Fi throughput for all the extra streams that a PVR needs or if the existing VAP can handle it. I started a thread in the Bell internet forum to discuss the http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/194-...000-modem.html.

There are some diagrams in this Bell presentation on pages 7 and 8.
http://www.bce.ca/investors/financia...esentation.pdf
post #374 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-08-07, 02:05 PM
Veteran

The receivers more or less look the same? I wish they would add a Clock/Channel display on the front?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #375 of 559 (permalink) Old 2016-08-12, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Bell announced in their Q2 earnings press release that they will be introducing a wireless 4K PVR this month that will complement the existing wireless STBs.

I'm not sure if you need the Home Hub 3000 to provide the Wi-Fi throughput for all the extra streams that a PVR needs or if the existing VAP can handle it. I started a thread in the Bell internet forum to discuss the http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/194-...000-modem.html.

There are some diagrams in this Bell presentation on pages 7 and 8.
http://www.bce.ca/investors/financia...esentation.pdf
I called Bell to swap out my current 4K receiver with the new wireless model and they said sure but they do not know availability yet but probably in a week or two. Anyone get one yet? I am anxious to see if 4K picture with the wireless model is superior to the current one I have with the archaic white wall plugs for connectivity.

Tags
4k link light wifi , 4k tv , app , bell , bell canada , fibe tv , pvr , youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in