Channels missing from on-screen guide - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2015-06-06, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Channels missing from on-screen guide

A relative in Montreal has Bell Fibe TV and some channels don't appear in the on-screen guide. Some are subscribed, some not. This has been an ongoing problem but became more acute when we changed their channel lineup today.

For example, the on-screen guide jumps from 332 to 390 (and from 1335-1339). So there's never program info for Silver Screen Classics (337), to which they subscribe. I'm sure most of the missing channels are ones they don't get, but this is happening even when unsubscribed channels are visible (e.g. we see FX, FXX, which aren't subscribed). Clicking "up" when scrolling through channels also seems to skip SSC, but entering "337" tunes it.

It just became more acute when they subscribed to TCM. Neither SD or HD (338, 1338) is visible in the guide, so of course you can't record it in advance. I _am_ able to see both SCC and TCM in their Bell "online PVR" and set recordings but it's awkward and not something the relative can do.

Is this a common problem? Is there a known cause and/or fix?

Thanks!
=aw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2015-06-06, 10:39 PM

It sound like your relative has their guide customized to not display certain channels. Here's a useful thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...hannels-3.html

It might be a good idea to display all channels to get a fresh start, then choose Subscribed Channels. They can then remove subscribed channels that they don't watch if they choose.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2015-06-07, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, it looks like they did in fact have some channels not to show. I reselected everything and activated the "show only subscribed channels" feature. Then I went through the customization again and unchecked anything they didn't want to watch, or that was showing a "you don't get this one" in the preview box.

One thing that isn't clear, I was assuming the customization setup was ignoring the "which to show in guide and scrolling" selection. But comments in the linked thread imply it respects that selection.

Anyway, much better now, especially with TCM in their lineup.

Thanks again!
=aw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in