LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-04, 10:57 AM

It was enabled for me as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-05, 07:30 AM
Rookie

It is working for me as well.

I had recorded a movie over a year ago and it says it is only available on PVR so don't know how they determine what can be played on Apple TV.

I was surprised that full PVR functions seem to work and that the Apple TV remote's Siri can be used to skip foreword by saying "skip ## minutes"
post #63 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-05, 08:52 AM

It would appear that they are using Mediaroom's cloud DVR and not the actual recording on your PVR to stream. If you watch your PVR for activity and try and play a recording back with your iPhone, there is no activity from your PVR at all. I think this is probably why you only have so many days to watch a recording and it would also explain why old recordings are not available to watch.

post #64 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-05, 09:24 AM
Rookie

Just realized you can't access shows until the recording is complete, unlike from the PVR where you can watch even while it is being recorded.
Many7695 likes this.
post #65 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-05, 09:48 AM
Rookie

It appears it is using the Mediaroom Cloud.

Mediaroom is now part of Ericsson
More shows. More Screens. More entertainment

Ericsson Mediaroom is the world's most innovative and deployed IPTV platform. Mediaroom-powered TV services are offered by nearly 60 global operators in 23 countries, delivering services to nearly 13 million household subscribers with approximately 24 million set-top boxes. As the leader in first-to-scale features such as wireless receivers, multi-room DVR, instant channel change, and many others, Mediaroom is the choice for operators including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom AG, Portugal Telecom, TELUS and Swisscom AG, among others.

Driving innovation

Mediaroom continues to build upon its industry-leading IPTV position and market share of more than 20 percent to enhance Ericsson’s innovative, integrated, and robust TV and video solution for TV service providers. Ericsson invests in consumer research and is working with the most advanced TV service providers to anticipate the future and deliver innovations that help realize the greatest advantage, and most amazing consumer experience in a highly dynamic environment that demands true agility in any solution and services offering.

Delivering experience

Ericsson is committed to delivering the future of TV. For consumers this means greater personalization and seamless content across all devices. For operators, this means big data insight on consumer preferences, and constant innovation in everything from hardware to software, from business models to user experiences. We are focused on providing an easy, seamless and immersive experience that delights consumers. To deliver this, we work closely with TV service providers to help drive the next generation of breakthrough and highly personalized TV experiences.

The power of the cloud

Cloud-based TV Anywhere is a critical element in Ericsson’s strategy for Mediaroom. It enables fast innovation and implementation so that our customers can win in this highly competitive marketplace and monetize a wider array of services. The cloud also helps operators deliver a consistent premium entertainment experience across multiple screens and networks and enables new operational models such like "as a service".

The impact of TV and video around the world is growing exponentially. The future is exciting, and Ericsson’s TV portfolio including Mediaroom is uniquely enabling content owners, TV service providers and operators to innovate and drive success in their businesses, technologies, and consumers towards a truly compelling TV Anywhere, multi-screen experience. Delivered to every device, over any network with the greatest video efficiency and quality.
post #66 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-05, 01:42 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up Fibe App

Yes I am now able to play/forward/skip/etc my recordings using the Fibe app on my PC.

Attic CM 4248 at Buffalo,M4 at Buffalo.VHF yagis at Toronto .
post #67 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-05, 03:35 PM

Just discovered the ability to play recordings back on the iPad. This is good news but it could be better.

I understand the reason why there is a 45-day limit on a program, but it would be nice if you could start playing a recording while the show it still on. Even better, it would be fantastic if the recording could be downloaded to the device for offline playback (e.g., for taking iPad to the gym or in the car).
post #68 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-05, 08:22 PM
Rookie

I'm away in Colombia this week and just logged into the FibeTv app on my iPad to try this out. Some interesting observations:
1) Unable to view live TV outside of Canada, even when using a VPN. This is normal behaviour from previous travel experience.
2) I'm able to watch my recordings. No VPN required. This includes all Movie Network/HBO recordings. I'm not sure if this is a mistake on their end and something they'll change in the future, but great that it currently works when you're Outside of Canada.
post #69 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-08, 08:54 PM

I'm running the Bell app on my android box and the hd quality is decent, but not as good as a satellite receiver. I was wondering what the quality is like on an Apple TV 4?
post #70 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-07-09, 09:31 AM
Rookie

I have watched recorded news on Apple TV 4 and think it is better than the 720P from fibe TV. I have Apple TV set at 1080P. I assume the stream over internet isn't being compressed as much.

I watch baseball on the Apple TV4 from MLB.TV and believe the Bell App is delivering as good a stream, except when you use the Siri button to say "skip xx minutes". It seems to take a few seconds more to buffer the stream on Bell versus MLB App. I guess buffering is dependent on the devices available memory, design of the App as well as the internet speed.

My Apple TV is not hard wire but uses WiFi.

I guess the question is, once more people start using the Bell App, can the servers continue to handle the volume and deliver a quality stream.

I have heard that the next Apple TV may be 4K compatible. I guess the question is can Bell's App deliver 4K at that time.

Delivering streaming to phones, tablets, computers, and connected TVs means streaming must adjust to device screen size. So what is the maximum number of pixels that can be streamed and what internet speed would you need to achieve it.
Blueribbon likes this.

Last edited by techwjd; 2017-07-09 at 11:57 AM.
post #71 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-08-16, 06:32 PM
Rookie

Hi,

When I'm in Bell Fibe application, on my iPhone, iPad or Apple TV, I can't access live content.
When I click on a tv show, I get the error (1009j/115).

Any ideas ?

Thank,
post #72 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-08-17, 08:18 AM
Rookie

A google search for error 1009 indicated too many devices in use. Don't know what 115 means. With j means reached maximum watch / record shows at one time

http://support.bell.ca/Fibe_TV/Chann...ces_are_in_use

Last edited by techwjd; 2017-08-17 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Add info
post #73 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-08-17, 02:07 PM
Rookie

In my search, I had already seen this page, but nothing indicates the error 1009j and still less 115.

I only use one device at a time.

After several verifications, I realized that the problem appear only on my devices iOS 11 beta...
post #74 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-09-06, 07:26 PM
Rookie

A new iOS application is available ... Problem fixed
post #75 of 152 (permalink) Old 2017-11-15, 09:59 AM

Works with Bell Aliant Fibe TV

Bell updated their Android app and it now works with Aliant. Here's the app in the Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iaplayer&hl=en
Quote:
The Fibe TV app is available to Bell and Bell Aliant Fibe TV clients as well as Bell Satellite, Alt and Mobile TV clients.
It looks like the Aliant web site hasn't been updated, but here are the links:
Ontario page: https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-TV/Fibe-TV-App

Apple Store: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/id724812278?mt=8

Watch your programming directly on your computer using a web browser: https://tv.bell.ca/login
Bell Aliant clients use your My Account username - see bellaliant.ca/myaccount for help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in