Abandoned Equipment, Motorola vip2202 & 2262 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-04-13, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Abandoned Equipment, Motorola vip2202 & 2262

Can I use these receivers for anything if I'm not a Bell subscriber. Is the USB and 500gb HDD usable on a non smart hdtv I have?

These were abandoned by a tenant and I will not notify Bell. A few years ago I called Bell when a tenant passed away. They asked for my info so they can send me the return boxes which I never received. Six months later i start receiving invoices for the equipment and it takes over a year of back and forth to make them understand that I was just trying to be the good samaratin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-04-13, 10:48 PM

Nope, they are useless.
Can't even sell them.

Drop them off at a Bell store, they can deal with, you don't need to give any info.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-06-25, 12:09 PM

that's not actually true. I have been with bell fibe for 4 yrs and last year the 2262 became mine. The deal was if you were with bell for 3 years the pvr became yours. Call them and see if unit is theirs or not. If they say yes, you have 2 options
send it to them or remove the Hard disk and use it in your playstion. LOL

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-06-25, 07:17 PM

Actually, be careful with that..... Bell sent an email out as the boxes came off lease that they'd automatically renew and Bell would own them (free rental), but they'd extend the warranty for 2 more years.....

Oh, and it was automatic, unless you called them to opt out.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-06-25, 10:56 PM

I opted out and they're mine.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-06-26, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra
Bell sent an email out as the boxes came off lease that they'd automatically renew and Bell would own them (free rental), but they'd extend the warranty for 2 more years.....
But wouldn't that be a good thing? No rental fee, and if it fails, it's repaired for free. If you own it, you're responsible for fixing it yourself.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-06-26, 09:56 AM

If I need a new one, they will send me one, that is if they want me to be with them. I notice by owning the PVR gave me a better bargaining power since I don't have the trio anymore. I cancelled my phone and went with OOMA and as of this month I save $20 a month. Plus I get the same pricing as if I had a trio with them.

If tomorrow I want to switch to Videotron, I'll sell my PVR and could get a $100. from it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-11-16, 10:26 AM
Rookie

so youre saying there is no way to hook it up to TV as is without disassembling and removing hard drive?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in