Bad Port on DSLAM and Bell Cannot Fix IT - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2015-01-22, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Bad Port on DSLAM and Bell Cannot Fix IT

I have had 10 service calls due to chronic intermittent failure of my Port on the DSLAM. There are no free ports on the DSLAM and every time a technician puts in a work order to fix my port the technician that comes simply notes "bad port" no free ports and clears the call. I explained to Bell that it is not a great solution to simply leave me in a bad port month after month. They plan tomorrow to move me to s DSLAM that is further away from my house and bring back the signal using bonded pair.

Apparently there are 3 empty ports marked as bad so mine makes a 4th.

It may be a real dumb question but why can they not fix the bad ports?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2015-01-22, 11:43 PM

Nope.

They are generally in groups, but there's many in the group, 48+.
Eventually, they can send someone to replace the SLAM, but odds are depending on your area, you may see FTTH before they swap the SLAM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2015-01-23, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I have had 10 service calls due to chronic intermittent failure of my Port on the DSLAM.
Seriously, 10 service calls?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2015-01-23, 04:45 PM

That's the issue, if the SLAM is full, there's little they can do but move you to a remote.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2015-04-26, 11:40 PM
Rookie

did you issue get solved.

i 've been with bell for 15 years, and recently started have a problem that sounds like yours.
my bell connection hub modem reboots on it's own and then it won't login again - and stays stuck on authenticating and the red light keeps flashing -

bell has sent many techs in the last few months, i think about 8 techs - and they are possibly escalating my issue to their STITCH department.

i have found a temporary workaround when my service is down - but it's a pain to work my connection like this - so i keep calling bell and posting techs...hoping that eventually it will get fixed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in