Fibe TV 2015 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

3Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-24, 11:36 AM
Rookie

I am now with Bell. Rogers pulled that stunt twice. The first time they brought the price back down, the second they said there was nothing they could do. I told them I was leaving as the contract terms have changed It went up to the office of the president and I was not charged a break fee. I have also confirmed it with the CRTC. If a provider changes the terms of a contract you have 30 days to action, or it is deemed you have accepted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-24, 01:44 PM
Veteran

If you think that your rate with Bell will not increase during the contract then you are in for a surprise.
The reason that I do not switch from one-provider to another because all of them are the same when it comes to contracts and increases.
post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-24, 06:19 PM
Veteran

Question

Not necessarily true?Maybe Yes? Maybe No?

I've known people who didn't get price increases during a set contract(prices went up after contract was over) with Bell and others that it did go up?So its a 50/50 chance. The ones I knew that they're prices went up during their set contract where in Quebec and those that didn't where in Ontario, whether that had anything to do with it or it was just coincident that I can't answer.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive

post #64 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-24, 08:41 PM
Veteran

I agree, contract with Bell is like box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.
post #65 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-25, 03:47 PM

Was looking to possibly move my mother from Rogers to Bell Fibe. Had this good chat with this person online who listed a variety of bundles and I wanted to have a transcript so my mother could make a choice. I asked the Bell rep to email me the transcript and she said they didn't have that feature. This was confirmed when I exited the chat. In 2015, what online chat doesn't have an Email Transcript feature. I had to chuckle.

Antennas Direct C2V antenna pointed @ curved building NE. DB4e pointed SSE. Cable free since May 2011.
post #66 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-25, 05:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheian View Post
Was looking to possibly move my mother from Rogers to Bell Fibe. Had this good chat with this person online who listed a variety of bundles and I wanted to have a transcript so my mother could make a choice. I asked the Bell rep to email me the transcript and she said they didn't have that feature. This was confirmed when I exited the chat. In 2015, what online chat doesn't have an Email Transcript feature. I had to chuckle.
Hi dehein, in future what you can do is to copy the transcript yourself... before the chat window closes, you can select all of the text and copy it to your clipboard and then paste it into a file or email. I've done that a couple of times where I emailed the transcript to myself to avoid writing down what the Bell rep told me in chat.
post #67 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-25, 06:02 PM

Sadly I was chatting on my Android and couldn't see a way to do that. It's just bizarre that Bell doesn't have such a basic feature.

Sent from my phone. Spelling misturks caused by large thumbs.

Antennas Direct C2V antenna pointed @ curved building NE. DB4e pointed SSE. Cable free since May 2011.
post #68 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-25, 08:31 PM
Veteran

They do have this feature, but maybe the agent was making promises that she could not keep so did not want to be on the record.
dheian likes this.
post #69 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-26, 10:22 AM
Veteran

All Bell services are going up on February 01, 2016, even Crave Tv by $2.
Crave tv has been available only for one year and the price is going up by 50%
I have had Netflix for the last few years with no changes in price, still paying $7.99 a month.

Looks that January next year will be the last month of my services with Bell, especially that I am forced to keep home phone with my other services and it has been going up in price every 6 months.

More details at Bell.ca/pricechanges
post #70 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-26, 10:58 AM

Netflix going up to $9.99... two increases in less than a year. Existing customers are locked in for two years before they see the price increases.

Netflix Canada Price Hike: Monthly Fee To Rise To $9.99
post #71 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-26, 12:50 PM
Veteran

It does not surprise me since Canadian dollar lost 30% of it's value. I do not mind paying $2 extra because the service is well worth it.
Regardless of that I am done with Bell or any other tv services. They are just not worth the money any more in my opinion.
I refuse to pay for home phone and constant increases and I do not use this service at all, who really needs home phone these days anyways.
I was hoping that there will be some savings in pick and pay but I know that most likely it will be impossible to save anything.
post #72 of 72 (permalink) Old 2015-11-26, 01:15 PM

Price increases are a fact of life for just about everyone, unfortunately.

The Netflix price hikes will continue and have nothing to do with exchange rates. Americans are getting the same increases.

Source: http://www.canadianbusiness.com/inno...ging-canadians
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in