Home Hub 2000 WiFi or Apple Time Capsule Router? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2014-11-08, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Home Hub 2000 WiFi or Apple Time Capsule Router?

Hi,

Up until now, I have disabled Bell's Home Hub 2000 Wi-Fi and use my Apple Time Capsule to distribute wi-fi signal throughout my home. However, I was thinking about changing misstep such that the Home Hub 2000 would have the Wifi enabled and I could move my Time Capsule to another floor to extend the wifi signal.

Any thoughts on how good the Wi-Fi signal is on the Home Hub 2000 and whether this would make sense? Also, on my main floor, because I have other equipment like my Sonos Bridge, I've been using a Netgear switch. Will these cause any issues?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-06-19, 03:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStyles View Post
Hi,

Up until now, I have disabled Bell's Home Hub 2000 Wi-Fi and use my Apple Time Capsule to distribute wi-fi signal throughout my home. However, I was thinking about changing misstep such that the Home Hub 2000 would have the Wifi enabled and I could move my Time Capsule to another floor to extend the wifi signal.

Any thoughts on how good the Wi-Fi signal is on the Home Hub 2000 and whether this would make sense? Also, on my main floor, because I have other equipment like my Sonos Bridge, I've been using a Netgear switch. Will these cause any issues?

Thanks
Hi PJ,

I have used a Home Hub 2000 Wifi for 3 weeks now and signal has been solid and stable across my house three floors and a good 20/30 feet around the house. I must admit that I had an old 2wire before changing! I'm now trying to do what you apparently did... insert my airport time capsule in my home network to ensure backup of my imac. Apparently, I need to connect the ATC to my hub 2000 and set my hub in bridge mode. I'm wondering what happens with Bell Fibe TV's setup in such a case. I also have a bunch of Sonos zones connected wirelessly to it. Could you tell me how you did connect all these things and set up the whole thing without screwing up the Bell Fibe service?

Thanks,
RB
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-07-02, 03:26 PM
Rookie

Did either of you have any luck with this? I'm signing up with Bell Fibe TV + Internet. I'm with Rogers and putting my Rogers wifi/router in bridge mode was a piece of cake. i hear Bell makes doing so difficult with the Home Hub 2000. Did either of you get it done? Or did you just use the time capsule to extend the Home Hub wifi?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-07-14, 10:31 PM

I did exactly that without any problems. I have connected the apple time capsule to the bell router and put it in bridge mode. Time Capsule backup still works fine. The apple router receive an ip address from the bell routeur. Of course the time capsule is now just a big hard drive for backup but it does the job! The Bell Home Hub 2000 works very well for wifi.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in