Fibe Availability Discussions - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-02-06, 11:01 AM
Veteran

What is a "qualification" issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-02-06, 12:01 PM

Database error.
post #63 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 03:33 PM
Rookie

All is good, tech came here yesterday and installed all my services. Happy Camper.... Thanks very much

post #64 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-03-09, 10:11 AM

Well, I called yet again and now they cannot even tell me when it might be available in my area. Fed up with Shaw Direct's crappy video quality, looks like I have no choice but to see what Cogeco looks like.
post #65 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-04-17, 01:49 PM

Bell's Fibe TV and FibreOP TV now serve 1 million Canadians

Bell today announced it now serves 1 million IPTV customers. With both next-generation IPTV and national Satellite TV, Bell has quickly become the second-largest television provider in Canada with more than 2.65 million TV customers.

With the fast growth of Fibe TV in Ontario and Québec and FibreOP TV in Atlantic Canada, Bell's IPTV coverage footprint has now reached 6.1 million homes, up from 5.1 million at the start of 2014. Fibe is also making significant inroads with small and medium business as medical and dental offices, restaurants, repair shops and other customer-service focused businesses switch to Fibe TV to entertain and inform their customers.

With service established in major cities across 6 provinces, Bell is now bringing next-generation IPTV to mid-sized and smaller communities ranging from Peterborough, Ontario to Shawinigan, Québec, from Bouctouche, New Brunswick to Liverpool, Nova Scotia to Bay Roberts, Newfoundland and Labrador among the many new locations to be added in 2015.
Full Press Release.
post #66 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-04-18, 08:41 AM

Wondering if I have interpreted the previous post correctly:

- Bell today announced it now serves 1 million IPTV customers, OK
- second-largest television provider in Canada with more than 2.65 million TV customers, so 1.65 are Satellite TV customers
- Bell's IPTV coverage footprint has now reached 6.1 million homes, so coverage is ability to provide service but not actual customers giving them the potential for 5.1 million new customers?
post #67 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-04-18, 10:08 AM

Your interpretation is correct.
post #68 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-06-05, 04:55 PM
Rookie

Moving from Halifax (where I've had FibreOp for 3 years) to Stittsville (Ottawa) in 2 weeks and found out last night Fibe is NOT available. I am very surprised. All that is available is Internet and High Speed internet. Anyone know if/when Fibe will be available in Stittsville?
Thanks
post #69 of 98 (permalink) Old 2015-06-06, 04:11 PM

I checked a few addresses in Stittsville and Bell has "Fibre to the Neighbourhood" which provides Fibe TV and 15 or 25 Mbps Fibe internet. If you can't get Fibe TV at your new location, you are probably in one of the more rural areas of Stittsville.
post #70 of 98 (permalink) Old 2016-03-27, 09:56 AM

I talked to a couple techs that were working in my area and I asked them why I could not get Fibe at my address, they replied that, as I had thought, that I was probably too far away from the source that sends the signal (not their exact words) and that some people that lived only 1 km away from the main office were in the same boat as me. My question is then, is this source that sends the signal upgradeable or am I forever doomed to not have the ability to acquire Fibe?
post #71 of 98 (permalink) Old 2016-03-27, 01:10 PM
Rookie

Bell is pushing fibe tv up to 1.3 km away from the fibre noad by using a process called pair bonding.
they take 2 lines with internet on them run them to the prem and merge them in the Home Hub 2000.
So in theory 2 lines running at 25meg can supply a 50 meg service at the prem.
post #72 of 98 (permalink) Old 2016-04-06, 03:48 PM

I'm getting some mixed messages about availability in my area. I was told FTTH is available but Fibe TV won't be ready till mid April. I just had a home inspection on our new house and the guy there doesn't think FTTH is ready. The postal code is P1H 0C2 if someone can check this for me. We move into the new house next week.
post #73 of 98 (permalink) Old 2016-04-06, 08:31 PM

Pop your address into Bell's website to check Internet availability and it will outright tell you if FTTH is available. There are occasionally situations where brand new subdivisions with greenfield FTTH only have it available for Internet and phone, and not Fibe TV - at least not right away, anyway.
post #74 of 98 (permalink) Old 2016-04-06, 09:05 PM

I've done that a dozen times and it says gigabit internet available but I can't be sure as this is a new development and the Realtor said it wouldn't be available till May.
post #75 of 98 (permalink) Old 2016-04-07, 09:50 AM

You can be more sure about Bell's website telling you FTTH is available than what the Realtor says. If it is a new development there will be no copper telephone wires, meaning you have no choice but to use fibre for even basic telephone service from Bell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in