Fibe Availability Discussions - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-05-25, 06:00 PM

My guess is when the install of Fibe was done at your place, the tech ran a new line just for the modem, or used that specific line for internet. The remainder of the lines probably go through a whole house filter either located at your demarc, or inside near where all your wires are split and go to individual locations.

Panasonic TC32LX60 | Denon AVR890 | Klipsch RB-61 / RC-10 / RW-10D | Motorola VIP 1232 (Bell Fibe)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-05-25, 07:02 PM

Makes sense! Thanks.

Actually I am hoping I can keep the modem where it is upstairs and use the existing coax cabling for satellite TV to connect it to the Fibe PVR in the family room downstairs.
post #33 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-05-31, 01:43 PM

Update

The installation went smoothly and the technician was able to use the satellite coax cabling.

post #34 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-06, 07:35 AM

Availability

I'm moving into a new house at the beginning of July. It is a new build in-fill in an older neighbourhood. I'd like to get Fibe TV along with internet. I called Bell and I was told Fibe TV is not yet available at that address. However the highest speed Fibe internet is available so I'm told it should not be long before TV is available too. I was told the same thing 2 months ago. They said that they can't give an estimate and I should check back in 2 weeks. Checking some near by addresses showed that TV is available across the street and a block or so down the street.

Is there any way to find out how long it will be or to increase the priority of finishing the neighbourhood?

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #35 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-06, 08:24 AM

No, unfortunately not.

If however 50/10 is available, then it shouldn't be too much longer, that means the SLAMS are already upgraded.
There is some additional work that needs to be done on the node to make it ready for TV, but that could be weeks or months away.

Also, if 50/10 is available at the address, it's possible that Bell has not updated their database to include your address for TV qualification. You'd have to have the tech install the internet and ask them. They will be able to bump it if indeed it is available.
post #36 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-07, 04:03 PM

Thanks, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #37 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-09, 02:19 PM

Be carefull, it might take longer than what they are telling you.

When I moved last august, Fibe was supposed to be available within 6 months, than it went down to 3, and finally within the month (in january), we are now in june and still not available, no more trucks doing work in the area either and still no date on availability.
post #38 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-09, 10:25 PM
Rookie

If you send me your postal code ill check for you.
post #39 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-10, 09:28 PM

I appreciate the offers of assistance. My private messages inbox had a problem and I lost a couple of messages. I'd appreciate it if you sent me one if you could resend it. Thanks.

Slamtech I tried to send you a PM with my postal code but your inbox is full. It is K1Z 5M9.

Scott
post #40 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-29, 08:47 AM

I also would like to know when Fibe will be available in my area L9G4B3. I have asked a CSA but get nothing more than "soon". I presume they have some sort of a plan for rolling it out, I'd just like to know approx. WHEN.

thanks
post #41 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-29, 09:41 AM
Veteran

If you go to the Bell Web sitee you can "plug in" either your phone or address and it'll tell yopu if asvailable or not. Sometime the CSRs don't know.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #42 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-30, 08:12 AM

I am sure that that the CSR's don't have that information. The web site should be used only as an estimate even it it says withing the next month it could be a few months, ut it is the only information that you can get.
post #43 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-06-30, 09:00 AM

There is absolutely no way to know when service will be available.

"Coming soon" can be like that for weeks, months, or years.
CSR's will have no idea if/when it will be available, they have no plan here deployment is happening.
Even the techs that are setting up the areas will have no idea when they might light up.
post #44 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-11-26, 10:49 PM

Problem in my area?

Does anyone know why Fibe is still not available in my area? A year and a half ago I was told 6 months, then I checked again and it's now another year. Is there a problem in my area?
Stoney Creek, Millen and Red Oak area.
post #45 of 98 (permalink) Old 2014-11-28, 06:21 PM

Well at least in the Cogeco forum you have people that work there that can help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in