Fibe TV 2014 programming packages and pricing discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-05, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Fibe TV 2014 programming packages and pricing discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss packages and pricing for Fibe TV. Here's the link to last year's thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=158827
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-10, 08:43 AM

Bell Fibe TV Channels: à la carte.

Bell Fibe TV Channels: à la carte as of Jan 2014 - Québec.

http://sdrv.ms/1aMMz9u
post #3 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-10, 01:59 PM

Hoping they do make the choices in Quebec Canada wide. I guess we will have to wait for the government to force the change. The customer "is always right" does not apply to TV services at the moment. It's more like take it or leave it, we tell you what you want.

post #4 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-11, 12:28 AM

Quebec gets Wild in HD?
post #5 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-11, 10:02 AM
Veteran

Question

either a typo or we may get it on Jan 16 for Ontario?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #6 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-16, 04:03 PM

There's new channels available in the à la carte package

CBS Sports Network
and Euro news who wasn't even available in any packages before.

They also get rid of those 2$ signs below some channels.

Edit: euro news is channel 118 and it's only available in sd.
post #7 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-16, 05:35 PM
Veteran

Strange there only offering a french version and not English, German, Spanish, Italian, ETC audio feeds>

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #8 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-17, 08:37 AM

Wild HD and euronews

nothanksrogers said:
Quote:
Quebec gets Wild in HD?
Bell states that the channel is available in HD in Québec. Vidéotron offers the channel in HD.

Tool to search for a channel number or network name.
Please note that the search results are not always accurate.

http://channel.bell.ca

MCIBUS said about euronews:
Quote:
Strange there only offering a french version and not English, German, Spanish, Italian, ETC audio feeds>
Bell's decision to add euronews' French version to its à la carte service offer might be related to a request made to Bell's executive management team last year. The company was asked to offer the channel in French and in other languages. The channel's French version has been part of Vidéotron's - à la carte - service offer for years now. More recently, Rogers has decided to offer euronews as an individual channel. The euronews channel used to be part of Bell ExpressVu's lineup.
post #9 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-17, 10:00 AM

Considering My Option - Need Feedback on Pricing

Interesting, so I just called Bell to price things out and here's what they said.

* Bundled FibeTV/25/10 Internet w/Unlimited Data Usage
- $116/mth for months 0-6
- $144/mth for months 7 & onward

* FibeTV service alone w/o Internet (after I zero-rate the internet portion):
- $109.95/mth ongoing

Anyone else think these look slightly expensive? I'm currently paying $48.99/mth through Teksavvy for DSL Dry Loop w/Static IP address and 300GB data usage. Seems even the bundling package above would work out to me paying approximately $100/mth just for TV services.

I realize I would get the unlimited data usage but it's rare for me to exceed 300GB. I'm normally in the 150-250 range.

Interestingly enough, she mentioned because I have 3 TV's, most of the monthly cost comes in the form of the rental for each of the receives, $29/mth. Seems absurd to have to pay rental on all of the receivers but when you drop the internet service from Fibe TV (zero-rate it), you are on the hook for the full rental price of each receiver, whereas the bundled package includes the first receiver free.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
post #10 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-18, 01:37 AM

Mega Canadian Boxing Event on Pay-per-view.

Quote:
Synopsis:
Saturday, January 18 - 20:00 ET
Starting from $64.99

InterBox and Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) present Jean Pascal (28-2-1, 17 KO) vs. Lucian Bute (31-1-0, 24 KO)! This mega match is pitting the two biggest draws and most popular fighters in Canadian boxing who are considered huge stars in Quebec. The middle weight match between the two past world champions was originally to be held this past May 25th, but was postponed due to an injury on Butes left hand.
http://tvonline.bell.ca/tvonline/ser..._ASSETTYPE=PPV
post #11 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-18, 02:04 AM

WWE Event on Pay-per-View

Quote:
Synopsis:
Sunday, January 26 - 20:00 ET
Starting from $49.99

30 Superstars enter, but only one leaves with a chance to headline WrestleMania! Don't miss John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, The Shield, and all your favorite WWE Superstars as they compete for the right to face the WWE or World Heavyweight Champion in the ultimate over-the-top battle at WWE Royal Rumble, Sunday, January 26, at 8PMET/5PM PT, Live on Pay-Per-View.
post #12 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-18, 02:09 AM

UFC Event on Pay-per-View

Quote:
Synopsis:
Saturday, February 1 - 22:00 ET
Starting from $54.99

The Battle of Champions the world has been waiting for becomes a reality on February 1, 2014, when UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz returns to the Octagon to face interim titleholder Renan Barao. Plus, UFC 169's co-main event will see pound-for-pound great Jose Aldo look to keep his reign of dominance going when he defends his featherweight title against Ricardo "The Bully" Lamas. UFC 169: Cruz vs Barao - Saturday, February 1, live on Pay-Per-View from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
post #13 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-20, 08:24 PM
Rookie

I've been looking around the forum for some updated Fibe pricing and I wasn't able to find much. I suppose as with everything, it's going to vary.

Here is what I was able to get over the weekend.

Fibe Internet 50/50 with 250Gb - $49.95

Fibe TV Best of the Best package - $94.95

One free whole home PVR with each additional wireless receiver $7 a month.

I hope this helps other who subscribe. I'll know at the end of the week if the service is as good as they say.

Edit: I am located in Quebec. I also have a basic home phone with two features which is $38.09 a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #14 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-20, 08:34 PM
Veteran

Could you tell us what province you are from and if you have home phone with bell.
Looks like in Quebec you can get good deal without home phone but in Ontario bell will not give you discount on Internet without home phone so basically you need 3 services to get better discount.
post #15 of 187 (permalink) Old 2014-01-20, 08:35 PM
Rookie

Funny. I was just about to come back to edit the post with the province.

I am in Quebec and I do have home phone. Just a basic package with two features. The home phone works out to $38.09

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in