Fibe TV 2013 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-14, 11:58 AM

Wait a minute, you're telling me that I can pick any of those channels and it will not cost me an additional 2$?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-14, 12:25 PM
Veteran

what don't you understand?

she said if you have room for 30, you can choose those as your package of 30 and you wont pay extra, its only when you add MORE than your 30 that it will cost you $2 extra per channel. That's what I interpreted her post as, and it makes sense to me
post #123 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-14, 02:49 PM

Paolo,That is what I understood from Nitra's post.

This new list of channels like A&E,CMT,BITE,DISCOVERY WORLD, SPEED etc were not available a la carte before.

post #124 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-15, 12:01 AM

If you have room in your say 30, you can add the ones that say $2, and they won't cost extra.

I added Discovery World to mine, no change in price.
You can do a dry run online and see the cost of the package when you make changes before you submit them.

Also... She... is a he....

As you can see, the rate didn't change.
post #125 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-15, 12:56 AM

LOL @ Nitra.

I too was wondering where Paolo got the she from. I Didn't mention anything because maybe Paolo knew you better and you guys had already exchanged messages.

I believe Bell added these channels a la carte because Videotron had a bigger selection of a la carte before.

And Since Videotron now has National rigths to the NHL as well as 22 Canadiens games and all play-offs. So Bell had to do something.
post #126 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-15, 08:39 AM
Veteran

Not living in Quebec and don't have a la carte package is 30 the most you can pick as a package, then everything after that cost you $2/channel or are there a pick 40,50,etc packages at a certain prices?

Just wondering if that ever(a la carte) came to Ontario what would be cheaper the Best that I have now(the amount of channels)vs a la carte package?(note have different individuals with different taste of channel likes)?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #127 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-15, 11:49 AM

Oh yeah, I see Nitra. I even did the test on my own yesterday. Even though my total was more like 52.95$.

30 is the most you can get, MCIBUS but don't forget, there's the base package too. So, contrary to videotron, you don't need to pick the U.S. networks, Muchmusic, Vision and CTS.

Personally I only have 15 à la carte, and I had all the trouble in the world to find that many. At first I had the french télétoon, I swithed it for History, but then, got tired of Canadien picker and American picker ( I can always watch the dub version on Historia if i'm desperate, anyway) so I switch to AddikTV that I don't especially like, but I'm even more dissatisfied with Sundance, so I have 2 channels on the bubble, right now. I use the current massive french free preview to do some exploring. I switched tree channels on free preview for Showcase, IFC and Bravo. I don't think any of them will make the cut. I don't like NCIS nor the mentalist.

I might try some of those 2$ channels, now.
post #128 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-17, 12:38 AM

To answer MCI, There is only 15,20 or 30 a la carte. If you want more than 30 channels than it would be $2 for each additional channel.

Prior to Bell adding these additional channels as pick and pay there was a bundle called the favourites that cost $5. This bundle had CNN, TLC,BET, MUCH,HLN,SPIKE,A&E,CMT and other channels. Before, If your channels were not available a la carte or in the favourites, You would have to get the Pre assembled Package called The Best of the Best and this would include all the channels albeit much more expensive at $65 plus $27 for basic.
post #129 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-17, 02:31 AM

The favorites bundle still exists.
post #130 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-17, 10:59 AM

Is the favourites bundle still available to new subscribers?

I thought it had been eliminated and those that have it was grandfathered.
post #131 of 131 (permalink) Old 2013-12-17, 11:29 AM

That was the HD theme packs, not the favorites.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in