Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Remote Control Discussions - Read Post 1.

151K views 153 replies 55 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
Edit by 57, Slim Remote Programming: http://support.bell.ca/fibe_tv/receivers/how_to_program_my_bell_fibe_slim_remote

Hello,

I've set up the Bell Fibe remote to control my audio amplifier. However, I'd like the remote's power button to turn on/off the amplifier as well as the TV and Fibe receiver. Currently it only turns on/off the last two. The instructions on Bell's website seem to apply to a different remote that I don't have. At the link below, I have the remote on the right side:

http://support.bell.ca/Fibe_TV/Receivers/My_Bell_Fibe_TV_remote_is_not_working

The instructions on Bell's website seem to apply to the remote on the left.

Does anyone know how to program which devices the power button controls?

Thanks
cinergi

#3 ·
I have the VIP2262 PVR and it uses the same remote. If you Google "URC62440" you will find info on your remote. Bell support was clueless on two different remotes which I have. They tried to give support on the one on their web site which I do not have. I have not set up the remote to turn on three devices simultaneously but you may find out how to do that via your Google search. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

#4 ·
Thanks all. I followed the same thought process: I figured out that the remote is a URC62440 and found some documentation online. However, the desired feature (controlling the power for multiple devices) is not described therein. I then tried the URC support website mentioned below but my remote is not among the ones shown on the site. I even called Bell tech support, which was basically useless.

I'll keep looking I guess...

Thanks!
cinergi

#5 ·
I believe that's the same remote that Bell Aliant uses as the "Nova Remote". Here's a link to their manual:

http://support.bellaliant.net/syste...omer/Support/Television/Remote/URC_Remote.pdf

It doesn't seem as flexible as the Motorola MxV3.

Edit: Posted the same time as cinergi, so this probably won't help much.

I wonder if you could get Bell to give you a Motorola MxV3 remote - they should be interchangeable.

#10 ·
I ended up purchasing a Harmony One from Costco for $120 over the weekend, which I thought was a good price. It works great and I like the activity-based setup that automatically switches on only the required components and selects the correct inputs based on what I'm trying to do (watch TV, listen to Internet radio, etc.) It has enabled me to finally put away my 4 other remotes. Unfortunately it can't control my D-Link Boxee Box since its remote is RF-based. Oh well...

-cinergi

#12 ·
PIP - You can press the up or down arrows to temporarily bring up a PIP window and type a channel number if you wish. Mediaroom also shows a PIP for the channel you're browsing in the guide while your current channel is in the background. If you're looking for full-time PIP, there's a customizable Mediaroom feature called Multiview, which requires Bell to develop an app. See this thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=155466&highlight=multiview

I'm not sure what the Sleep command is - are you talking about programming the remote?

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
My Fibe remotes power on/off all 3 devices simultaneously (Fibe vip2262, Samsung TV, Yamaha amp) while in "Bell" mode.

The remote also controls the volume-up-down of my Yamaha receiver while in "Bell" mode (or in Aux mode).
This remote looks like the RHS one in your link (I am a brand new Fibe user with new equipment).

Here are the instructions for the NEW Fibe Vip2262 receiver take from its remote guide (not on the bell site).

- Press Bell key
- Press and hold Set Up until the mode key blinks twice
- Press Volume+ key
- Press the Aux key
- Note: The Aux key must already be programmed to control your sound system.

#16 ·
The instructions you gave are to control the volume for the AUX by pressing the volume +/- buttons.

I would like to know what you have done to control the POWER on/off to be done automatically on all 3 devices since my amp has to be manually turned on by pressing AUX then on/off.

#17 ·
Is there a way to set up the remote to control the TV volume(not the receiver vol)using the Bell button on the remote?

Presently if I want to control the TV vol on the tv itself I have push the TV button on the remote, then push the vol button on the remote.

I want to control the vol on the TV using the Bell button on the remote and not have that receiver vol thing pop up it set at max 25 ande doesn't work as well as the actual TV vol.

#22 ·
Fibe remote inter-compatibility?

Does anyone know for sure whether the origninal Fibe remote (MXV3) for the older Fibe 1216 PVR (silver receiver) works with the newer Fibe 2262 PVR (black receiver)?? These PVR models came with different remotes. The older remote (MXV3) has a white LEARN key in the center and the new remote (URC62440) has no Learn key.

#24 ·
I've had FibeTV since last Thursday and have programmed my Harmony One fully except I can't get one button to work - the POWER button. I've tried learning this function a number of times but no luck. The Harmony will not turn the VIP2262 receiver on or off and, therefore, I have to keep the Bell original remote nearby. Was wondering if anyone here has any further suggestions I can try. Thank you.

#25 ·
Check your Harmony config to make sure that the POWER is turned on/off for the VIP2262. I configured a Harmony for a VIP1216 at a relative's place and I think the POWER on/off worked. VIP2262 and VIP1216 should be have identical remote codes.

They previously had a Shaw cable PVR and I had to disable the power on/off function in the Harmony setup since the PVR wouldn't power off if a recording was in progress and would therefore get out of sync. That's how I know the option exists.