Remote Control Discussions - Read Post 1. - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 119 (permalink) Old 2015-12-05, 06:18 PM
Veteran

There are no other features. Only power on/off and volume control.
The remote works good with my Sony tv but it is an older model. Maybe your tv is new, so it may not work with Fibe remote, or you need to find another code that would work with your tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 119 (permalink) Old 2015-12-06, 12:37 PM
Rookie

@oldendays ,
You didn't mention which version of Fibe remote you have; there are at least three different models in the field. Presumably, you have the so-called 'slim' remote, since that's the newest.

I have the Fibe PVR, the 'slim' remote, a Sony Bravia TV, and a Denon AV receiver. Once it was configured for a Sony TV, the volume buttons on the slim remote adjust the volume on the TV. I'm pretty sure I used code 0019, as shown in the Fibe manual.
How to program my Bell Fibe Slim remote : Programming the remote to control your TV

In addition, the remote will control the volume level on the Denon (and hence the audio level coming out of my sound system) thanks to the HDMI-CEC protocol. (the Bravia receives the IR signals from the slim remote, and passes them on to the Denon over the HDMI cable).

Similarly, the mute button on the remote puts the Denon into mute mode. And when the TV turns on (or off), it relays the power command to the Denon which also turns on or off. This all happens because the Bravia and the Denon both support HDMI-CEC.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to configure the slim remote to do anything more with a TV, other than volume, mute and power. If you want more freedom, see if you can get Bell to give you the MxV3 remote. That's the model that was supplied with FibeTV before the 'slim' remote came out. Some installers still have a few of the old ones bouncing around in their trucks. The MxV3 is a 'full-featured' universal remote, and can be programmed to many different brands of TVs, DVDs, DVRs, VCRs, and AV Receivers. It's also a 'learning remote', so you can manually teach it specific IR commands from a device's native remote control.

How to program the Bell Fibe TV MxV3 remote to work with other devices
post #108 of 119 (permalink) Old 2015-12-06, 05:02 PM

@oldendays it sounds like your remote didn't get set up properly, so the best thing would be to set it up again, using the correct instructions for the remote you have. Here are pictures of the various Bell Fibe remotes. If you have the Slim Remote, you should probably try code 0019 for Sony.

How to program my Bell Fibe TV remote control: Selection

Important: Before you redo the setup on your remote, set the volume on the Bell box to the max (25). Otherwise the volume may be too low and it's difficult to adjust the STB volume afterwards.

post #109 of 119 (permalink) Old 2016-04-27, 09:23 AM
Rookie

Hi everyone. I've been trying to program my MXv4 remote to power on the STB, TV and A/V receiver. I followed all the steps in post 32 but it doesn't seem to work. I had to have the original Nova remote replaced because the "Power" button wore out and would no longer work. I tried to call Bell but they said that they no longer carry the NOVA remote and they only have the MXv4/5 or the Slim remote. Obviously the slim remote is not capable of being programmed with an A/V receiver. Looking online, I believe I read that the "Power" button on the MXv4 cannot be used as a macro button. Can anyone confirm whether they've successfully programmed this remote to power on multiple devices?

Thanks
post #110 of 119 (permalink) Old 2016-05-03, 09:35 AM

Program Bell Fibe AVR control

I need to turn on 3 units in this order:

Denon Receiver
Bll Fibe PVR
Panasoni HD TV

All above units are connected via HDMI, If I don't open the Denon receiver I will have audio issues due to HDMI hand shake with the above units.

noticed on the Slim control, I can only enter TV, is there a way to enter the Denon Receiver instead of tv or both

If not the Nova Control, where do I enter the Denon Receiver and in the above order.

I don't want to buy a programmable control. Thanks

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-05-03 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread
post #111 of 119 (permalink) Old 2016-06-21, 01:45 AM

I think this is a good place for this, received this email at 105am:

Quote:
Remote control support and replacement charge.

Bell offers some of the most advanced remote controls on the market, including our award-winning slim remote manufactured in Austria. To take full advantage of your TV remote control, visit bell.ca/support for tips and troubleshooting advice. If you have more questions, please call us at 310-BELL (2355) and we’ll be happy to help.

Should you require a replacement remote, note that as of August 18, 2016, a $30 replacement charge per remote will apply. If you have any questions or wish to modify or cancel your services without penalty, do not hesitate to contact us at the number listed above.

Thank you for being a loyal Bell customer.

We appreciate your business.
I guess this applies to remotes owned by Bell on machines owned by Bell (they told me >$70) to replace a remote on a customer-owned box).

=aw
post #112 of 119 (permalink) Old 2016-06-27, 09:44 PM
Rookie

I don't think it's programmable. But here is a manual found on the manufacturers website....

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2028391
post #113 of 119 (permalink) Old 2016-11-17, 03:39 PM
Rookie

Universal Remote

Is there a way to get my Pro Control PRO24.R universal remote paired with the Fibe 4K blue tooth remote. The pesron that installed my TV is having problems.

Thanks
post #114 of 119 (permalink) Old 2016-11-19, 11:55 AM

I posted instructions to set up a universal remote with a 4K PVR in the following thread, since they are completely different from the other boxes:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...ml#post2846993
post #115 of 119 (permalink) Old 2017-07-01, 02:08 PM
Rookie

old bell tv access

My bell fibe tv slim remote used to be able to control my TV's; e.g. 0014 was the code I entered into my bell slim remote to control my Panasonic tv; but apparently the CRTV has said the tv cannot be controlled by another company's
(Bell) remote. So, does anyone have the old bell remote codes for the following televisions: Vizio, Daytek, Toshiba and for confirmation Panasonic.

Thanks, Victor
post #116 of 119 (permalink) Old 2017-07-03, 10:22 AM

@umei the CRTC doesn't have any regulations about remote controls - whoever told you that was mistaken.

Post 1 of this thread contains a link to Bell's site for the slim remote instructions.

TV Brand List
0010 Insignia
0011 Vizio
0012 RCA
0013 Sanyo
0014 Panasonic
0015 Funai/Emerson
0016 Sharp
0017 LG
0018 Toshiba
0019 Sony
0020 Samsung
0021 Philips
0022 Fluid
0001 search all brands

I don't know if Daytek is supported - search may work.
post #117 of 119 (permalink) Old 2017-11-21, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkfarmer View Post
I'm new to fibe tv but I had bell satellite for a few years.
I liked the uhf remote with satellite and didn't like having the fibe receiver out on top of the cabnet so the ir remote would work well.
I asked bell if they had a uhf or rf remote for fibe tv and they didn't have one.
Google found http://www.sasktel.com/search/contro...amp%3B_Adapter
And https://www.mts.ca/mts/support/tv/ul...am+your+remote

I had a friend get me one from mts and it works great.
Equipment is back in the cabnet out of sight, and the remote can work from the next floor opposite side of the house.
Just a heads up for anyone else who is looking at them.
The remote works well with bell fibe tv.
Hi, I have a similar problem at home, all my equipment's are on the basement, and my tv on the living room, imsing IR emitters to send signal to the basement and control equipments, and for reason I can control everything except my bell fibe tv, could you provided some advises.
post #118 of 119 (permalink) Old 2017-11-21, 07:50 PM

@Aniel_roche not all IR emitters are compatible with Bell Fibe TV - see this thread for some that work. Note that the new Bell Fibe 4K PVR uses different remote codes and may be different from the previous models.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...tenders-3.html
post #119 of 119 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 03:21 PM
Veteran

Bell Slim Remote Won't Retain TV Codes

Does anyone else have trouble with their Bell slim remote remembering the TV code to control TV volume, power, etc?

This happened on two of my Bell wireless receivers for two of my TVs (a Sony and Samsung). All of a sudden the remote stopped controlling the TV volume and power. I reentered the code, it was fine, all worked like before and then 5-10 minutes later it stopped working. Reentered the code again and same thing happens, works for a bit then "forgets". Two TVs, happened on the same day. Changing batteries didn't help either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in