Remote Control Discussions - Read Post 1. - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 09:35 PM

Just got Fibe TV today and I am working on setting up my Harmony 650. Most features work great and the remote is very responsive.

Quick question - does anyone know how to get a PVR (recordings) button programmed on the Harmony 650? I have tried learning the button from both the Fibe PVR remote and the wireless box remote and assigning it to the red button on my 650, but when I press the button the search screen comes up.

My wife likes the one touch PVR access that we had with Bell TV - I had the red button on my 650 programmed for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-06-24, 03:23 PM
Rookie

It may be mapped to the List button in the Harmony programming site. I will be getting Fibe this Wednesday but have already done some programming for my 650. With Rogers, the List functions went to recordings directly.
post #48 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-06-24, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph33ca View Post
It may be mapped to the List button in the Harmony programming site. I will be getting Fibe this Wednesday but have already done some programming for my 650. With Rogers, the List functions went to recordings directly.
Thanks ralph22ca, that was it. Once I connected my Red button with the List function, it did exactly what I wanted it to do - pull up recordings durectly. Very happy spouse right now!

Best of luck with you install. Mine took about 5 hours total (including CO work for the techs and a trip out to their depot to get my PVR...).

post #49 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-06-29, 10:25 AM
Rookie

How can I power off only the VIP2262 PVR?

How can I power off only the VIP2262 PVR using the supplied URC62440 remote?

I have set up the remote to use the “AUX” button to power only my Yamaha receiver on or off. I can power only the VIP2262 on by pressing the “Bell” button then the “SELECT” button. However, I cannot figure out how to power only the VIP2262 off.

If I have both my Yamaha receiver and VIP2262 on, I can easily turn off only the receiver. If I try to turn off only the VIP2262 by pressing the “Bell” button then the “Power” button, the VIP2262 is turned off but my TV is turned on. I do not want the TV turned on when the VIP2262 is turned off. How can I accomplish this?
post #50 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-11-18, 05:05 AM
Rookie

Remote Control

I am going out of my mind with the remote from Bell Fibe Wireless .When you are changing channels it rolls over two channels at a time you go to change a channel 1400 and then it goes to channel 13 Push vol. and 0 shows on and the channel changes again. Just want to know if anybody else has problems with the Remote Controls.
post #51 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-11-18, 09:42 AM

Here's a similar post with some suggestions.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=158651

Were you using Fibe TV before without problems - did anything change?
post #52 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-11-19, 04:44 AM
Rookie

Yes ever since I got the Wireless boxes........Thanks for the link Dr. Dave.
post #53 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-11-19, 04:54 AM
Rookie

I think the link you gave me will help me my box is on the middle shelf which is glass and the wife has pictures on both sides from what I read its a reflection thing I will remove the pictures and put something under the box see if that works better will let you know and thanks again.
post #54 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-11-29, 09:41 AM

Rf Remote

I'm new to fibe tv but I had bell satellite for a few years.
I liked the uhf remote with satellite and didn't like having the fibe receiver out on top of the cabnet so the ir remote would work well.
I asked bell if they had a uhf or rf remote for fibe tv and they didn't have one.
Google found http://www.sasktel.com/search/contro...amp%3B_Adapter
And https://www.mts.ca/mts/support/tv/ul...am+your+remote

I had a friend get me one from mts and it works great.
Equipment is back in the cabnet out of sight, and the remote can work from the next floor opposite side of the house.
Just a heads up for anyone else who is looking at them.
The remote works well with bell fibe tv.
post #55 of 119 (permalink) Old 2014-01-08, 08:38 AM

Volume control with Bell Fibe remote and Yamaha receiver

Hello,

I have just signed up for my first "cable" package since 1998. I had Bell Fibe installed as a Christmas present for my son. I originally had the technician get it working via the 3rd HDMI-in on the TV, and then changed it myself later to go through my Yamaha HTR-6160 receiver. It all works, sound is now coming out in 5.1. The remote which comes with Fibe is the Bell Slim remote. When I use the volume control on it, it tries to turn up the volume on the TV (which does nothing in my setup).

Is there any way I can program/teach the Bell Fibe slim remote to up the volume via my Yamaha receiver? I tried to find it on the Bell site, they have instructions for controlling TV volume, but nothing that I could find for receiver volume. I also have a Logitech Harmony remote, and it was easily programmable to control both the Bell PVR and the Yamaha. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could do the same thing with the Slim remote.
post #56 of 119 (permalink) Old 2014-01-08, 11:15 AM

You could buy a Bell Universal type remote (Bell World), but you'd be much happier with a Harmony. The slim only controls the Bell box and the TV.
post #57 of 119 (permalink) Old 2014-01-11, 04:58 PM

I've been battling with de-coupling the Nova remote from the TV in order to reset the volume on the Fibe terminal (the TV volume has had to be boosted eve since Bell installed Fibe) with no luck, until I checked out Paul Bunyon's link. Instructions were easy after a think:
1. Press and hold the SETUP button until the BELL button blinks twice
2. Press the VOLUME+ button
3. Press the BELL button
Now the volume is being run from the Fibe box, and can be set to 25 max.
To re-couple the remote to the TV, do steps 1-3 again, but pressing the TV button in step 3.

Tx for the pointers.

Former Rogers VIP, now Bell Fibe, Sony KDL40W3000, BDPS350, Philips Streamium NP2500 (2). DS209 NAS, Playbook
post #58 of 119 (permalink) Old 2014-01-12, 12:10 PM

I'm not sure if Fibe has this feature (it may be in the 2.4 update), but with MTS we can now change the volume of the Mediaroom box without changing the remote settings. It is an option in the settings menu.
post #59 of 119 (permalink) Old 2014-01-26, 07:18 PM

Slim remote

Helping my father in learn about Bell Fibe after he just got it installed. I find I kind of stupid that the new slim remote can't be programmed to change the TV/Video sources. The Bell Fibe CSR told me it was probably to simplify things for users who ended up on the wrong TV video source and couldn't get back to Bell Fibe source. Really? So making them use two separate remotes now will make it easier? I feel sorry for the older customers who don't/can't drop the money on a Harmony remote.

Has anyone found a work around with the Bell slim remote that the CSR's aren't familiar with? (I know its a stretch)
post #60 of 119 (permalink) Old 2014-03-15, 02:31 PM
Veteran

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info here about the slim remote -- very likely because it really isn't much of a remote (built more for style than function). That said, I learned a couple quick tricks. While in the guide, you can use the channel up/down buttons to scroll one page at a time. Similarly, use the ffw/rew buttons to move forward/backward one day at a time.

Now, are there any shortcuts for toggling the closed captions? Right now it's (I believe) 7 clicks for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in