Remote Control Discussions - Read Post 1. - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-01-30, 11:10 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bplayer View Post
Just check the Device, Settings, and single button for on/off for the PVR. Has been working for me since I added the VIP2262 device.
Have done that a couple of times but, alas, no luck. Oh well, guess everything can't be perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-19, 02:36 AM
Rookie

Hi !
I've found a way to "reprogram" the POWER button. In fact, you need to remake the associated macro.

1- Press on the BELL button, then press and hold SETUP until it flashes twices.
2- Enter the numbers : 995
3- Press the key you want to put the macro on, you should get one SHORT blink, here it's the POWER button;
4- Start the sequence : Press the AUX key, then the POWER button;
5- Press the TV key, then the POWER button;
6- Press the Bell key, then the POWER button;
7- Press and hold SETUP until it flashes twices.

Voila! You have re-macro the POWER key. The previous procedure does the following :

Power on the AUX device then power on the TV and finally power on the Bell PVR.

Cheers,

Note : If you want to clear a macro for a key just skip the sequence (steps 4 to 6) and go to step 7.

Last edited by boucherjeanfra; 2013-02-19 at 02:39 AM. Reason: addon
post #33 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-22, 05:46 PM
Rookie

boucherjeanfra,

Thanks - it is amazing what one can find in the forums. I had called Bell tech support twice, and was told both times the URC 62440 remote could not simultaneously control the AUX as well as the TV and PVR.

I followed your instructions, and now it works perfectly.

post #34 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-23, 01:52 PM
Rookie

Thank you so much for this!!! I have been going crazy for 9 months because Bell Tech Support was just telling me it's not possible.

You, my friend, are a genius. Thanks a million
post #35 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Jean-Francois! I started this thread back in November because I couldn't figure out how to do it and the procedure isn't in any manual I've seen. How did you figure this out?

One small issue I noticed is that it's apparently not possible anymore to individually control the power of each component. This is useful when the remote hasn't been pointed properly and fails to turn on one of the three configured components. For example, to control my AUX device, I press AUX, then Power, but that simply replays the macro assigned to the Power button, i.e. to turn on all 3 components, not just AUX. Have you found any way to maintain individual control of power and only play the macro when in Bell mode?

Thanks,
cinergi
post #36 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 10:04 AM
Rookie

Hi cinergi,

I based my procedure on the followin forum thread:

http://www.dvrchatter.com/t525-Disab...er-Button.html

I also noticed that with that macro you loose the individual power for each device, i apologize for that. I will continue my research to see how we can bring back that fonctionnality or make a factory reset on the remote.
post #37 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 10:15 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Most Cable Remotes have the same functionality and use an almost identical sequence of numbers and presses for what is called "Master Power". The manuals for the URC remotes can be downloaded and reviewed on the following site.

http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225 Rogers.

http://www.urcsupport.com/ General Website

Once master power has been set, I don't believe you can control individual devices, but you should be able to set whatever device(s) you want to be controlled by the master power sequence simply by redoing it.

I don't recall the exact sequence for a remote reset (to factory defaults) of the Rogers Remotes, but I believe it's a setup code like 991, or 996 - I used it once when a client's remote was not functioning properly by calling Rogers for the code. Don't try this until you confirm for your particular remote.

This is all just as an FYI.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #38 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucherjeanfra View Post
Hi cinergi,

I based my procedure on the followin forum thread:

http://www.dvrchatter.com/t525-Disab...er-Button.html

I also noticed that with that macro you loose the individual power for each device, i apologize for that. I will continue my research to see how we can bring back that fonctionnality or make a factory reset on the remote.
Jean-Francois, no need to apologize! It's great that you found the macro procedure. From the thread you referenced at dvrchatter.com, it seems that once a custom macro has been assigned to a key (in this case Power), that macro works regardless of which mode the remote is in (TV, cable...) This explains why it's no longer possible to individually control the power. However, that same thread offers a possible alternative: program the individual power control using the Setup-Power key combination with code 994. In other words, to individually control the TV power (for example), you would press TV, then Setup, then Power. The Setup key acts as a "shift" to program a secondary function into the Power key (whose main/primary function is the macro assigned previously).

I don't know whether this would work with our remote but I will try it tonight. :-)

Best Regards
cinergi
post #39 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 09:10 PM
Rookie

I've tried the "TV" key, followed by "SETUP" then "POWER". It's just powering up the TV. So, the trick works. SETUP acts like shift.
post #40 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-03-02, 03:28 AM
Rookie

Remote Control for vip2262 Not Responding

HI,

At the moment my vip2262 PVR remote control will only allow me to change the channel. The MENU, INFO, FF or any other buttons won't work. When I try to use the PAUSE button for example, the AUX button lights up, where as when the remote control is working, the BELL button should light up. This is the case will all buttons except for channel numbers and channel up/down buttons which work and cause the BELL button to light up.

This would happen every now and then over the past month for up to a minute, but full functionality always returned after I fooled around with the channel up/down button a few times. Can't get the dang thing to work again this time though.

This happen to anyone else?
post #41 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-03-02, 07:38 AM

It happened to me that some buttons did different things. I changed the batteries and it was fixed.
post #42 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-05-21, 09:32 AM

Remote Control Help Needed

Hi Everyone,
I don't know if this problem can be resolved or not, but I thought I would give it a try anyways. I had a remote control that worked fine up until about 3 weeks ago, it changes channels, controls volume, mute button works, guide button works, the only problem is it does not power on or off, I called Bell Fibe Tech support and they tried everything with me to see what the problem would be, I even changed the batteries on it, just to make sure they weren't the cause of this problem, so that told me they would send me a new one in the mail, 2 days later I got the new one, thing is this one controls the volume on the receiver and not the TV, so when I am controlling the sound it does not control the volume through the tv, it only volumes up to 25 and trust me some channels are already so low in volume that 25 does not do the job, Anyone know how to get this remote to control the TV volume??? any help would be greatly appreciated, I have reprogrammed over and over again and still nothing, it is persistent to control the volume on the receiver and not the TV sound. this remote is the one that the keys light up, and the Interactive Button is near the top and not at the bottom like my other remotes.

thanks
post #43 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-05-21, 09:59 AM

upsdriver, I moved your post to this thread.

First, adjust your volume on the STB to the max (25). Then follow the instructions in post 20 to have the remote control the TV volume. I'm assuming that you've already set up the remote to control your TV brand and power on/off works.
post #44 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-05-21, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
upsdriver, I moved your post to this thread.

First, adjust your volume on the STB to the max (25). Then follow the instructions in post 20 to have the remote control the TV volume. I'm assuming that you've already set up the remote to control your TV brand and power on/off works.
Dr. Dave
I thank you so much for the help, I did exactly as it stated in post 20 and it works WOW, you guys are better than the Tech support at Bell... Again Thank you so much buddy truly appreciate your help...
post #45 of 119 (permalink) Old 2013-05-21, 03:48 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up

ME TOO thanks DR Dave & slamtech thats what I was looking for to. Now I can adjust the TV volume with out having to push the TV button.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in