Fibe TV in The National Capital Region Discussions - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-09, 08:50 AM
Veteran

It may be working on others but I can assure you it is not and will not work on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I spoke to my friend who works at Bell(installer for Biz wiring)anyway I asked if the whole city was wired for fibe He said about 95% of the city is now wired for Fibe TV. The other 5% is "supposedly suppose to be wired by the end of the year or beginning of 2014.This is for the Ottawa side of the River, as for the Gatineau he wasn't sure as thats a different district from Ottawa.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #63 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 10:12 AM
Veteran

On my street we have had fibe available for the last 4 years. So far 0 customers to fibe tv. I called them last week for the price , so bundle with the better package would cost over $180 plus tax a month. Installation $100 and activation another $50 , so thank you very much. A lot of people will be shocked once promotions are over and they will have to pay the regular price. Actually even under promotional price fibe tv customers may get price increase Nov1 , but I am not sure about that.

post #64 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

@bev fan

Yes but your in the GTA.

Fibe has only been available in the National Capital Region for about a year or so.If you look at the ads even on the forum it states from $22.95/month for the first 6 months + free wireless PVR receiver.

When I signed up my deal was PVR $13.95/month(credited for 3 years, then mine to own), 3 receivers at $5.95/receiver(for 3 years, then mine to own), $89.95/month for first 6 months, then regular price for Best.. I do believe depending on where you are it may vary from region to region and depending on when it becomes available in your area the price my vary from when you or I signed up?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #65 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 12:38 PM
Veteran

Well, you have to look at the whole picture , once the promotion is over the price will jump drastically because not only price of fibe tv will go up but also Internet and the phone , and if you want to cancel the phone the price of the other 2 will go up even more as you will not be qualified for the bundle savings.
post #66 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 01:20 PM
Rookie

Bell Fibe TV

Bell Fibe TV has been the worst experience ever!! Kept losing service and spent hours and hours on the phone trying to reboot the system. Customer service is in the Philippines and some of the conversations were very frustrating with poor command of English. When I signed up they promised I would get more stations then with Rogers VIP. NOT TRUE.. Missing OWN, Food and A&E. When the signal is lost.. NO TVs work!! At least with cable you don't get that problem. Getting in touch with someone who works for BELL in Canada is almost impossible. When I finally got a call from an "Executive" from Bell in response to my written complaint.. he has limited authority. Everyone I know has problems with Fibe.. and even if you are lucky enough to be able to maintain the signal.. you will hate the TV Guide. Advise to anyone considering anyway... Read your contract!! If you cancel within 10 days you will not be locked into a two year contract, subject to cancellation fees. This applies to Ontario under the "Ontario Consumer Protection Act. Best check the policy for your province.
post #67 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev fan View Post
Well, you have to look at the whole picture , once the promotion is over the price will jump drastically because not only price of fibe tv will go up but also Internet and the phone , and if you want to cancel the phone the price of the other 2 will go up even more as you will not be qualified for the bundle savings.
True, but the same could be said about all providers. With Bundles its cheaper drop bundles regardless of who your provider is, it will go up, loss of bundles and service increase every year. Your Damned if you do, your damned if you don't.

post #68 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 05:54 PM
tlb

I guess individual mileages must vary.

I have had Fibe TV & internet in Ottawa for almost a year now and could not be happier. Performance has been great - speed, PQ and reliability - no outages at all ! Cost is much lower than my previous cable + internet. Just upgraded to unlimited internet for $10.

Service has been perfect. Had a problem in the beginning (it was my very old second TV) but the help desk was always there - make sure you call the 1-866 number on the PVR - no waiting - always talking to a Canadian in Toronto.

A very happy Fibe customer !
post #69 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

@ Jeanine

Mine the reverse.

Rogers is the worst service I've ever had, constant Channel not available at this time, phone service with constant static, CSR that where in TO but had accent hard to understand so its not just Bell its Rogers as well with Customer service in Canada.

@Jeanine I'm not sure where you're located but it just might be in area where bell has issues. It may vary from location to location.

post #70 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 06:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIBUS View Post
True, but the same could be said about all providers. With Bundles its cheaper drop bundles regardless of who your provider is, it will go up, loss of bundles and service increase every year. Your Damned if you do, your damned if you don't.
Not true at all I am currently with bell satellite and I do not subscribe to their Internet or telephone service and pay only $5 more for better package than would on fibe tv. Fibe tv forces customer to take their internet and phone services . You have to use their Internet and if you want free PVR you have to take the phone service too. Rogers has bundles to but to get their tv Customer is not forced to take their Internet service.
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Well all I can say is when I had Rogers the services I had after the contract was up they would of SKYROCKETED. Remember I had the laqrgest package(english & french minus the PPV sports,Adult packages)plus 3 ethnic services which cost me $17 with Bell Fibe compared to almost $30 with Rogers.

From my understanding(could be mistaken)that your not forced to take internet or at least according to a thread in the forum if I read it correctly.

All I can say is if your happy with your service/provider stay with them, if not change. If your happy with Rogers stay with Rogers. If your happy with Bell stay with Bell or some other provider.

If wasn't for the issue I was having with Bell Internet & Home Phone where I was living at the time in 2007, I would of Never Of Left BellI had no issues with BTV I loved BTV, but I go for bundles as it saves you money. But each to their own I guess.

post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-21, 09:51 PM

Yes there is a thread about just Fibetv No internet, You have to ask for the zero rated internet but I believe from what I read not all agents know about this or are reluctant to give this.
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-22, 09:24 AM
Veteran

MCIBUS, this is what big companies want you to believe that you can save a lot of money in the bundle but in reality it is not always the truth.

This is my bundle with different providers:
Bell satellite-better package $74
Teksavvy Internet - $40 for 25 speed an 300 G limit
Fongo telephone - $5 free long distance in canada
In a bundle with bell I would have to pay probably another $80 instead of $45.
post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-22, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Well bev fan if your happy at what your paying with your present set up, thats great.

For me I just prefer to stay with one provider as it easier(for me) to deal with one company then several.

But like I said if your happy with what you have presently good for you.Me I'm happy with Bell.

post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 2013-09-22, 10:01 AM
Veteran

I would not say that it is easier , I had tried bell fibe Internet last summer for a few months as they promised great deal , needless to say they lied, but my point is that to understand their bill you would have to work for bell as there were 5 different charges and credits without any details. With teksavvy I have one price and the tax.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in